Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Phillykef's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
       #1  
    I've noticed that my overnight battery drain is much worse when I have alarms set through Palm's "Clock" app. Here are some very unscientific figures:

    Charged phone to 100%, unplugged at 10pm, woke up at 7am, battery was at 78%

    Charged phone to 100%, set up 3 alarms to ring at 7am, 7:15am, and 7:30am, woke up to alarm at 7am, battery was at 52%

    Has anyone else experienced this type of thing?
  2. diomark's Avatar
    Posts
    752 Posts
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    #2  
    Might just be your phone was busy housekeeping during that time. -m
  3. Humanreck's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #3  
    I have a Mon-Friday alarm set with the clock app for 8:30am. I usually go to bed with 100% and wake up with 99-100%, one time I woke up it was at 60% though but it hasn't happened since then.
  4. Phillykef's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
       #4  
    Sometimes I feel like something is running in the background, draining the battery, and it might not be the "Clocl".

    For instance, sometimes I get the "You have too many cards open" message, and I actually will have 1 or 2 cards open. Usually turning my Pre off and on again will fix this, but it's still a pain.

    Is there a "Process Explorer" type thing for the Pre that can tell you what is actually running at any one particular time?
  5. swtoombs's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillykef View Post
    Is there a "Process Explorer" type thing for the Pre that can tell you what is actually running at any one particular time?
    If you SSH into your pre and type top as a command it will show you the processes that are running.
  6. Romanmb's Avatar
    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #6  
    I leave my phone charging overnight to prevent it from happening and I usually leave my alarms on all day (so I don't forget to turn them on before bed)... my battery drain seems to be up to par with what everyone else is experiencing
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by romanmb View Post
    I leave my phone charging overnight to prevent it from happening and I usually leave my alarms on all day (so I don't forget to turn them on before bed)... my battery drain seems to be up to par with what everyone else is experiencing
    You can just leave your alarm on in the background...the icon doesn't need to show up if its set.

    And i don't lose any more battery than when its off.
  8. Romanmb's Avatar
    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    You can just leave your alarm on in the background...the icon doesn't need to show up if its set.

    And i don't lose any more battery than when its off.
    Yea i know that, I can just swipe it away to get rid of the icon and the alarm still goes off. I was just saying that my alarm stays on all day and I don't notice any difference in battery life

Posting Permissions