1.    #1  
    What step am I missing? I can not get into webos functions when my phone is plugged into my computer in charge mode...suggestions?
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Not sure what you mean.. you might want to re-word your post.
    -m
  3.    #3  
    i have downloaded the new webos...but when i go to tools and tweaks it says please connect your phone which it is i click ok and it does not see the phone...
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bforte22 View Post
    i have downloaded the new webos...but when i go to tools and tweaks it says please connect your phone which it is i click ok and it does not see the phone...
    Have you followed the directions on the web os page; specifically, have you installed novacom (an essential part of the process..).
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts

I think by webos you mean the webos quickinstall utility - your phone RUNS webos..

-m
  6.    #6  
    yes the quickinstall
    Is your phone in developer mode? Did you type “upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart” (without quotes), choose "on" and did the phone reset?
    Alternatively you can type "webos20090606" instead
  9.    #9  
    I can't get the phone to sync with the webos quick install.. It does not recognize the phone at all..
  10.    #10  
    Yes went through the steps as it says phone reset...still no love..
    Unplug and replug the USB cable. Then try. Also, there will not be an indicator saying that you are connected to QuickInstall. You will have to try to install something and it will let you know if it isnt connected.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    you might also need to run quickinstall, then go to file/options and 'attempt Novacom (re)installation'

-mark
  13.    #13  
    I think i got thanks everyone...
    I think i got thanks everyone...
    And, of course, it's very important that you keep the details of how you got it to work secret. That way, the next guy can start a new thread and keep the forum busy with new posts.

Sorry for the dripping sarcasm, but you just hit one of my pet peeves about forums. "Help me help me, thanks seeya" threads...

Tell us what you found and how you fixed it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    And, of course, it's very important that you keep the details of how you got it to work secret. That way, the next guy can start a new thread and keep the forum busy with new posts.

Sorry for the dripping sarcasm, but you just hit one of my pet peeves about forums. "Help me help me, thanks seeya" threads...

Tell us what you found and how you fixed it!!

Very good point. If you find a solution to a problem please SHARE IT with everyone else so the next person who has the same problem will be able to find the solution. If you post here asking for help, please reciprocate to the community by sharing the information you gained.

Also, when you have WOQI issues, please also state the desktop OS as well (i.e, XP, VISTA 32/64, mac etc)

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions