1.    #1  
    How does one auto start apps after a reboot?

Thanks!
    Rodney
    No way that I'm aware of as yet - but it's simple enough just to find them and open them. Even put them on your quick launcher (or a separate page) if you want to find them easily.
    I agree, even if you reboot your phone weekly, doesn't take more than like 5 seconds to open up the apps you want.
    "Last edited by ChappyEight; 09/24/2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: To bow to zeravla."
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    autoexec.bat
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    If you have Linux access (formerly known as rooting), there should be a way through /etc/init.d or /etc/rc?.d to startup anything. I imagine luna-send comman with the app name or similar method would do the trick. Will look further into it.

Methinks webos runs default in runlevel 2 so the script should be located in /etc/rc2.d.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    If you have Linux access (formerly known as rooting), there should be a way through /etc/init.d or /etc/rc?.d to startup anything. I imagine luna-send comman with the app name or similar method would do the trick. Will look further into it.

Methinks webos runs default in runlevel 6 so the script should be located in /etc/rc6.d.

actually, the /etc/palm/luna.conf has an autostart parameter (with phone/calendar/etc being some of the items there) - so that might work.
    -m
  7.    #7  
    Well, if I was only booting it once a week that would be ok. However, I appear to be restarting it at least once a day for different reasons including the addition or new apps or features that may require reboots...

I'm sure there's got a be a way to auto start stuff but I'll let someone more knowledgeable about Linux and boots provide a solution...
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^I just tried that using com.quickcontacts as a launch item in /etc/palm/luna.conf and it didn't launch after a reboot.

[LaunchAtBoot]
    Applications=com.palm.app.phone;com.palm.app.email;com.palm.app.calendar;...;com.quickcontacts

I think this only launches apps that have a backend process. Or maybe it won't launch apps located in /var. Will try another.
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    I tried running a script in /etc/rc2.d to launch an app but it didn't work after reboot, probably because the luna manager is not running when the rc scripts are run.

Here is the command to launch an app from the command line...

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.applicationManager/launch {\"id\":
    \"com.quickcontacts\"}

That will launch Quick Contacts. To launch another app, you need to replace com.quickcontact with the reverse domain as associated in /var/usr/palm/applications or /usr/palm/applications.

Need to find out where this can be run after the luna manager is started.
  10.    #10  
    I'll keep hoping for an easy to get this done. I'd really like to be able to auto start my apps. Seems odd that folks haven't made this request before, and odder that someone hasn't put out a simple add/tweak to make it happen...

Thank you everyone for your comments...
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I know someone in the homebrew world is working on a launch app where you can tap the launch app, and it will autolaunch the programs you've told it to. Its not auto after reboot - but one click is better than 5!

Try searching for autolaunch and see where you get.