1.    #1  
    Is anyone else having this issue? Could it be hardware or software related? Any info is greatly appreciated.
    Hardware. Get it replaced, as this is a common problem.

BTW, Welcome to the forums! Feel free to search before you post, as many questions (including this one) has been answered already.
    yeah get it replaced.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    You only need to get the battery replaced.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    probably not HW, you need to get the battery replaced. go into any sprint, they are used to this, you should be in and out in 5 mins.
    Agreed, battery replaced. My 2nd Pre has a much tighter fitting battery. It makes me feel like i'm going to rip the tab off when i try to pop it out.
    well what i did is take my phone to sprint store and they told me they going to replace me , but the bad thing is i bought my phone brand new and what they give to you is a refubished maybe with some or different issues so for me its no recommended to replace it .
    about the turning off is a battery problem so is hard theyt replace you only the battery i tried but they dont eant to and the issue with the battery is because is a lil bit loose so when u close ur slider hard make ur phone turn off what i did is put a lil piece of paper to tight my battery and now i close the slider hard and dont turn off anymore .. so you can try going to the store and replace it or dont waste your time and put a lil piece of paper to tigh the battery... is ur call .. good luck!!!
    They told me that the battery that say that they are "Made in China" should be replaced by the one that says "Made in Korea"..which makes no sense. They told me to go to a local Sprint Store and get the Made in Korea batteries.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I had the same issue a few weeks ago. I took it to Sprint and they said that Palm was aware of this problem and the Sprint rep said that some of the batteries were having problems with the connectors and that they were instructed to swap the batteries out. They did that for me and I have not had a problem since.
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiFitted View Post
    They told me that the battery that say that they are "Made in China" should be replaced by the one that says "Made in Korea"..which makes no sense. They told me to go to a local Sprint Store and get the Made in Korea batteries.
    my is made in Korea and i bought my phone since they launched it and also have the close hard slider turn off
    Got me a 2600 battery....and that isn't going anywhere.heh!!..
    I had the same problem with my Pre. (loose battery).My Sprint store's solution was to put a piece of paper to wedge the battery tightly into the contacts, it worked great,but seemed a little cheesy to me. I called Palm to find out if they had a better solution for the battery issue and they said they would replace my Pre, I had no issues except the loose battery and told them I wanted to keep my Pre. They sent me a new battery that fits perfectly, no trouble at all for 2 1/2 months. If you have no other issues with your Pre I would just get a battery. Call Palm 1-866-7507256 for free 90 day phone support.
    just got it fixed! yay!
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    I had the same problem with my Pre. (loose battery).My Sprint store's solution was to put a piece of paper to wedge the battery tightly into the contacts, it worked great,but seemed a little cheesy to me. I called Palm to find out if they had a better solution for the battery issue and they said they would replace my Pre, I had no issues except the loose battery and told them I wanted to keep my Pre. They sent me a new battery that fits perfectly, no trouble at all for 2 1/2 months. If you have no other issues with your Pre I would just get a battery. Call Palm 1-866-7507256 for free 90 day phone support.

great number u give us ... i just called and they very nice and helpfull... they checking for exchange my battery awesome!!!
    yeyyy they sending me a new battery thanx lazslo11 for that phone number ..if anybody else have this problem just call to that number and if u explain them about the battery loose they ll sending to u the new battery!!!
    I had a lot of shut downs before I finally went to store. In 5 minutes they replaced the battery and after 3 weeks not one shutdown.