Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I was testing to see what types of files I could download in emails and now I can't find the files. It gives me the option to open the file, but I just wanna know where its stored. Any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I haven't done this a lot, but I think if you open the viewer for the type of file (.doc, image, .pdf), you'll find your file(s).
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Umfortunaty, that doesn't work. The file I'm looking for is a .wav file. When I click on it, it plays right in the email. If I open up music or remix, they don't see it.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I have the same question. For example, I know if you open a .jpg attachment and click Copy to Photos, you can open it in the photo app, but what if you don't copy it? I know its still saved somewhere because you don't have to redownload the attachment. Where is it stored? How long does it stay there? Can you get rid of it?
    Email attachments are currently sandboxed from the rest of the system.. You can get to them if you use the internalz app
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    Email attachments are currently sandboxed from the rest of the system.. You can get to them if you use the internalz app
    Thanks scrupul0us. Do you know how long these attachments stick around taking up space, assuming you don't delete the e-mail?
    Quote Originally Posted by jdub2027 View Post
    Thanks scrupul0us. Do you know how long these attachments stick around taking up space, assuming you don't delete the e-mail?
    I would say that if you don't delete them, they are there forever... I wouldn't set your watch to it though, I may be wrong
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdub2027 View Post
    I have the same question.....Where is it stored?
    Install internalz and filemgr service, then go to

var/luna/data/attachments

and the attachment will be in a bucket folder. Kind of a pain, but it does work.....
    The "only" way I can think of getting around this would be to root the phone, add a folder to the external media mount (that you see during USB mode) and create a symbolic link between the two (i think)