Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    The Official Palm Blog: Europe says €œWillkommen, failte, and welcome!€ to Palm Pre

Today, O2 announced details about pricing and availability for Palm Pre in the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Germany. The webOS phone will be available on 13 October in Germany and on 16 October in the U.K. and Ireland.

Details on tariffs for the phone and service plans will be available here for the UK, here for Ireland, and here for Germany. As with our network partners in the U.S. and Canada, O2 will be the exclusive carrier for Palm Pre for its launch in these countries.

David Contreras

Good news!
    Wow. They're executing indeed.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Dear Palm. Europe has 50 countries. Not 3. Running out of patience...
    /EU/GR/
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I was thinking of getting one but after all the problems here I'll hand on for Pre2.
    look this

Palm Pre - O2
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Yes. I checked the GSM thread and there was no post there. However, I didn't scroll down past the stickys to see your thread.

Perhaps the mods can merge the two threads.
    <merged>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Epic Epic Fail

You know o2 was going to do this - they have priced the Palm the same as the Iphone 3G 8Gb.

Either pay 90 for the Palm Pre or 180 for the Iphone 3GS 16Gb - both on identical tariffs.

Palm will not shift many pre in the UK unless they can force o2 to cut the price they are selling the Pre's at. My brother was so after one of these but now he will end up going with the Iphone 3GS.
    Funny, Engadget reports that the Pre can be had for FREE in the UK and Ireland with a 34.95 pound per month contract. Now that's a deal! We got screwed!
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Funny, Engadget reports that the Pre can be had for FREE in the UK and Ireland with a 34.95 pound per month contract. Now that's a deal! We got screwed!

On a 24 month contract...
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Thats still a better deal than Sprint is offerring for a Pre in the states...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    In Germany u can buy the pre paying 20€ every month for 2 years + 1€ in the beginning
    So u pay 481€, nice price i think for such a great phone. And u don't even have to have a contract by O2! It's like leasing
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoes View Post
    So u pay 481, nice price i think for such a great phone.
    I think it is still to expensive for a beta-phone!
    $99 you get everything thrown in - o2 you are getting text, mins and web. Also these minutes don't cover non geographic numbers - only to landlines and other mobiles.

Doesn't include SAT NAV, tv etc.

Roughly $56

Lets not forget that US has crazy prices for wireless. One guess who is the biggest funder of US parties........ AT&T - why compete when you can buy politicians. The rest just follow.
    So is this the only 'big' news for today???
  17. Duo
    They have priced the phone the same as the iPhone 3G, which is going to be a real problem. Also anyone seriously considering that may as well pay just a few pounds more and get the 16GB 3GS.

Palm Pre
    Contract Monthly Phone
    24 Months 34.26 Free
    18 Months 34.26 96.89
    18 Months 44.05 Free

iPhone 3G
    Contract Monthly Phone
    24 Months 34.26 Free
    18 Months 34.26 96.89
    18 Months 44.05 Free

iPhone 3GS 16GB
    Contract Monthly Phone
    24 Months 44.05 Free
    24 Months 34.26 87.11
    18 Months 34.26 184.98
    18 Months 44.05 87.11
    18 Months 73.41 Free
    Problem because you're getting a better phone for the same amount of money?
    /EU/GR/
    will the Palm Pre last 24 months?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast