1.    #1  
    the itunes let me move the video file to my palm pre but I keep getting an error??

anyone know how to deal with this??

thanks in advance.

The Pre cant play copyrighted movies. You'll have to rip it first then load it onto your Pre.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    You can't, and this is the feature I want most on the Pre.

I want to be able to put movies/TV shows on the Pre without converting it. The official copy. The iPhone can do this. Maybe one day Amazon VOD will be on the Pre. The Sony Walkman has it. Doesn't have to be a Windows device to do it.
  4.    #4  
    so is there a easy way riping the file w/o damaging the file or quality??
  5. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    You mean DRM.

Of course the Pre can play copyrighted files! It can't play files from iTunes that have DRM.
  6. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by evistor View Post
    so is there a easy way riping the file w/o damaging the file or quality??
    Indeed there are methods of stripping DRM from files.

This, however, is probably not the appropriate forum for such discussion
    and you will find a number of choices, but as mentioned the discussion of which cannot be condoned on the forum.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    and you will find a number of choices, but as mentioned the discussion of which cannot be condoned on the forum.
    Exactly.

Check out the Play Videos link below for more.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I don't see this as a limitation of the Palm Pre rather a restriction imposed by the industry, one that Apple endorsed with wide open arms.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
    Here's step-by-step instructions for the iphone & ipod touch. You can select the output file to be one compatible with the Pre.
    Wouldn't most legal people say this is an example of "Fair Use" - you bought the movie, you own maybe a Mac and iTunes, you want to watch the paid-for content on another device you own?

Personally, I think this is the strongest avenue of attack against Apple abusing a monopoly. Not to t/j, but if you have a monopoly (iTunes store?), that is ok, but if you abuse that monopoly to extend your reach into another realm (mp3 players?), then you may harm a consumer (this one, for example, who owns a Mac and several iPods and a Pre).

If so, then there shouldn't be any restrictions about discussing this on this forum. Then again, i'm not a lawyer, nor the moderator...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    removing DRM from copy protected material is illegal, simple as that. The DMCA in the US is actually quite smart. Copying the contents off of a DVD for personal use is not illegal, and you can do that. Breaking any kind of encryption/DRM to do so is the illegal part. Whether you agree with it or not, that is the law in the US.