Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I went ahead and installed iTunes 9... looks nice,

NOW how do I transfer music to my Pre?

Seriously, there's no other program that can do it OTHER than iTunes?

I guess I can go back to 8, but why??
    You don't even need a program. Just connect your Pre as a USB drive and organize all your songs in folder. Name the folder Music or whatever. It's worked for me without issue so far and I don't need to worry about the Palm vs iTunes problem...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    You don't even need a program. Just connect your Pre as a USB drive and organize all your songs in folder. Name the folder Music or whatever. It's worked for me without issue so far and I don't need to worry about the Palm vs iTunes problem...
    Yup, exactly what I do to transfer media. Fast and easy. Also because I'm a Linux user and can't use iTunes.

"We all follow the Chelsea!!!"
    I still use iTunes 8.2.1 or whatever... I have lots of podcasts and dynamic playlists and stuff on there, its just easier. But i've used the drag and drop method too...
    I drag and drop but when the iTunes sync comes back I will use it.
  6. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I use prayer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    I use prayer.
    Ha Ha...
    I use WinAmp and it works great for me.
  9. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Winamp? there's an idea.. does it transfer the album art and all that?
  10. OG
    DoubleTwist - It's made by Jon Lech Johansen, the DeCSS guy.
    I use Windows Media Player. It has excellent synchronization support and is perfect as a music library organization tool. It's even integrated into Windows so the Pre automatically syncs when plugged in, you don't even have to launch WMP.

If only the Pre would support WMP playlists (or anything but iTunes for that matter) then sync would be perfect.
    Drag, drop, done... I don't like having software "helping me" move my music files around... don't care about album art, it wastes space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtom2444 View Post
    Yup, exactly what I do to transfer media. Fast and easy. Also because I'm a Linux user and can't use iTunes.
    FYI, Amarok and Rythmbox (gnome port of amarok) can sync music and playlists just like itunes.
    drag and drop, even though i keep my music on my music player
    Lots of folks here use doubletwist to work with iTunes.... another nice option is Missing sync for the Pre which not only syncs iTune but contacts, calendar etc too...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    Drag, drop, done... I don't like having software "helping me" move my music files around... don't care about album art, it wastes space.
    Yeah, why would you wanna waste the space of all you album art on your phone? I mean I guess it would make it look nicer when you play music, but I usually play it when looking at the song list, not the album flip thingy xD. Drag and drop works fine, especially if you don't wanna have ALL your music on your phone. I just put 100 or so songs on there so I can plug it into my radio in my truck to listen to when I'm driving.
    drag & drop.
    Just drag and drop here. I do use media monkey to make sure the music is formatted right with album art
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    I use prayer.
    Telekinesis?

Or

Does this mean that you also use iTunes?

jk

Cheers all,

-JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    I used iTunes to add 2GB of my most favorite songs for those times that I don't have a signal (flying, road trip, etc) otherwise use Ampache for the other 50GB.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast