Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know there are quite a few of these threads being started, but let me say 1st that i love my pre. it does have it's short comings, but it gets a 8 out of 10 from me. i won't get into how it is better than alot of phones i have used, but let's just say this it does multi tasking like no other.
    Now, i have to move back to to wm just because i cannot edit pdf files on the pre. i use it for work and this is a major feature that the company will not let me go without.
    Is there an app that i am missing that will allow me to do this because i really hate to give up such a great device for 1 feature.
    App store opens tomorrow. Hope there is an app for you there. I imagine if not tomorrow then soon after if you can wait that long.
    Have you checked with Foxit Software?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    not yet. will check it out tonight
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    You can use google docs to convert pdfs to text, and then edit them in docs to go, and then convert the .doc files back to pdf in google docs. It isn't the greatest solution of course, but if you only need to do this every once in a while it is a workaround.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    You mean this Foxit Software - Best PDF Reader m8???

This is Windows desktol/laptop software for one and I don't think that's what the OP was askin about.

The OP is looking for a way to edit PDF's directly on his Pre, you know "on the fly".

Sadly OP there isn't a way to edit any kind of document word/excel/PDF on the Pre it's self, not yet anyway. You could try Google Doc's if you have a gmail acct. You can pull up your gmail in box on the Pre browser, and open the email, then maybe download and save the PDF to the google server. You might beable to edit it using google doc and the Pre browser. Give it a shot and lwt us know if it works.

Also the Doc Viewer is made by DataViz. It's the same company that makes Doc To Go for WM devices and Garnet OS Palms.

If you open a doc in the doc viewer, then bring up the drop down menu. The you'll see an option for document editing. There's a link to a web site. When you tap it you'll see this page pop up

It's coming, when I couldn't tell ya.

But It's coming.

Hpoe that helps ya m8.
    Yes, the Foxit Reader people... the ones that make PDF apps for Windows that are much better than that bloated turd known as Adobe Reader... I know they have some stuff for embedded Linux.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I'm wondering, is this your work phone or your personal phone? Seems to me if it isn't your work phone and they want you to be able to edit pdfs on the go, they should supply the equipment you need to do it. If its a company phone and that was a big feature, they probably should have made sure it performed the task. Either way, I'm sorry for your loss, if you do lose the phone, I hope you enjoy the one you get and maybe you can get a web OS phone in the future.
    it just does not seem right that they are making you buy a phone to do the job you need to do. When it is their responsibility to provide everything you need to do the job they hired you for. What's the deal with that?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I corrected your thread title to match the help you are requesting.

Posting a blind thread can bring frustion from others instead of help.

- Craig
    What sort of job do you need to edit pdf's on a cell phone for?
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I maintain my 755 for business use - to manipulate docs_ spreads & such until dataviz catches up. The company I work for doesn't require it - but editing all manner of business on my phone is a big personal bonus forme.

I feel for ya! Hopefully dataviz will shoot something out soon.
    Shadavis08 I like your avi8tor m8. I made that one a while back, just shocked me to see someone else usin it.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Editing PDF's on a smartphone seems a little tough. Maybe you should just invest in a small Netbook and buy Acrobat. Then you could use your Pre to tether to upload or email edits...
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    I've never seen mobile software that allows editing PDF's. I dont think you are going to find a phone that can unless the iphone can?
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    If one was to go the netbook route, I would recommend Foxit's PDF editing/creation software... much more affordable and a lot less bloated than Adobe's.

Here's what I found from them for mobile solutions... hope it helps a little: Foxit Software, PDF for Embedded Linux
    Last edited by DrHeathenScum; 09/24/2009 at 12:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I've never seen mobile software that allows editing PDF's. I dont think you are going to find a phone that can unless the iphone can?
    Agreed, what phones support this? None that I know of...

There is a difference between .pdf viewing and .pdf editing. Like many others here, its hard to believe you would need to edit a pdf file on the go...
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    Agreed, what phones support this? None that I know of...

There is a difference between .pdf viewing and .pdf editing. Like many others here, its hard to believe you would need to edit a pdf file on the go...
    Why is it hard to believe? Obviously Windows Mobile phones have the ability to edit PDFs since the op is going back to one. I'm sure there will be a Pre app for editing PDFs eventually.
    God makes the earth yield healing herbs which the prudent man should not neglect;
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mojuice View Post
    Why is it hard to believe? Obviously Windows Mobile phones have the ability to edit PDFs since the op is going back to one. I'm sure there will be a Pre app for editing PDFs eventually.
    Actually, the only software that can edit a native PDF is Adobe suite. There are many viewers to look at the PDF, but none will edit one (unless you consider copying the text within the file to another file editing). The PDF file is compressed and locked down when it is saved in Adobe. The iPhone will view the PDF, but not edit it although they currently have software ( Docs To Go) to edit Word files and soon Excel.
    Textmaker from Softmaker lets you create PDF documents on WM devices fyi:

SoftMaker : SoftMaker Office for Pocket PCs : TextMaker

Softmaker is by far the most powerful and fully loaded office bundle I have every tried or seen on any mobile platform... It would be nice if they would ever consider supporting the webos platform...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast