Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Anyone know of any programs that would also work on Linux (Ubuntu)? Besides Handbrake. I've had mixed results with Handbrake on Ubuntu. Any others?

"We all follow the Chelsea!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mononoko View Post
    In a folder called videos. Make one if there isnt one.
    It's good to do this, to keep things organized, but it actually doesn't matter at all. You could put them anywhere you want in the USB storage, and the vid player will find them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtom2444 View Post
    Anyone know of any programs that would also work on Linux (Ubuntu)? Besides Handbrake. I've had mixed results with Handbrake on Ubuntu. Any others?

Well, I've found handbrake to be the best on Ubuntu. (9.04 64bit)

But if you don't like it, there are about a dozen different programs that will work, and you can always just do it from the command line if you want. Try searching over at ubuntuforums.org

Not trying to be a jerk, but handbrake works the best for me, so I'm not sure what your next best would be. However, a quick search for iphone and video conversion over there will get you what you need.

If you're using a GUI program, just be sure you're using the default settings for an iphone/ipod-touch.
    Is there a way to get subtitles on videos you put on the Pre? Or if they need to be hardcoded onto the video itself, do any of the mentioned programs do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezasaurus View Post
    Is there a way to get subtitles on videos you put on the Pre? Or if they need to be hardcoded onto the video itself, do any of the mentioned programs do this?
    Yes they need to be part of the video.

Yes, most programs for ripping a DVD can do this. How, depends on the particular program.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tezasaurus View Post
    handbrake has a tab for subtitles
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeybob365 View Post
    Handbrake isn't working for me atm, it will start to convert and say it's done but the video file is only 24bytes.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeybob365 View Post
    I tried handbreak, but with all the videos I used it with, the audio drifted out of sync, played faster than the video. Ths was with the iphone preset. I tried SUPER and it worked flawlessly first time, even though interface kindof sucks...
    hey guys i've tried three times now to put a movie on my pre, and i always get an error... could somebody take a screenshot of all the settings i'm supposed to have?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12