Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So I've been trying to cash in on this $50 rebate that Sprint said they would give customers that bought the Pre at $199.99, but with each sprint customer service representative that I've talked to, they've all said that since I am past the 30 day mark of buying my phone, it is not available to me.

I bought my Pre back in late July/early August, but as I understand it, this $50 rebate is pretty new and that it won't expire until October something. What is the deal? Have I been unlucky in that I have gotten incompetent representatives each time, or has Sprint called back that rebate? I know they are lying to me.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Or what did you do to get back your $50?
    It's a refund not a rebate. They are right, it's a refund for people who bought within 30 days only.
  3.    #3  
    30 days of the refund? Well thats absurd. Why punish the customers that bought and supported the Pre when it first came out?
  4. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    It got deposited to my bank account.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    It got deposited to my bank account.
    Har har, all jokes aside.

Serious question. Why would Sprint choose to accommodate those that bought the Pre within 30 days of the refund and not those that bought it initially?
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antiami View Post

Serious question. Why would Sprint choose to accommodate those that bought the Pre within 30 days of the refund and not those that bought it initially?
    Because the price of the phone will come down at some point, and will probably come down again. Why would Sprint be obligated to give me a refund when I chose to buy the device, knowing full well the price would come down in the future? Its different if you buy it on Monday, and on Tuesday the price comes down.

Just how it works. I think it IS fair though. I bought my 20gb 360 on launch day and paid full price...(was 300-400 lol can't remember) no reason for Microsoft to pay me back because their 120GB elite is 300 now. Same goes with my Pre I bought it launch day 6.6.09 but don't expect 50 back.
  8.    #8  
    Seems like poor business practice to me, and I thought Sprint was trying to turn their image around.
    Seems like poor business practice to me, and I thought Sprint was trying to turn their image around.
    Sprint would be ******** to do this. Doesn't change my image of them 1 bit. In fact I think more highly of them considering they are allowing those that bought it within 30 days of the price drop to get 50 back. You're not going to see many companies do even this.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    If the price came down to $99 10 months after you bought it, would you expect a refund?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by pathymo View Post
    If the price came down to $99 10 months after you bought it, would you expect a refund?
    No, but it hasn't been 10 months. The Pre has only been out a few months. Still brand-spanking new. If something is that new, and the price gets cut, everyone that had bought it for the original price at that point should get a refund, not just those that bought it within a certain time period before the price cut.

If the Pre were 10 months old and it took Sprint that long to cut the price from 199 to 149, then no, Sprint is not obligated to refund the price for everyone because the market has matured.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    No, but it hasn't been 10 months. The Pre has only been out a few months. Still brand-spanking new. If something is that new, and the price gets cut, everyone that had bought it for the original price at that point should get a refund, not just those that bought it within a certain time period before the price cut.

If the Pre were 10 months old and it took Sprint that long to cut the price from 199 to 149, then no, Sprint is not obligated to refund the price for everyone because the market has matured.
    Its the same basic principle. You pretty much don't know when the price is going to come down, and you run a risk of it coming down 1, 2, 3 months after the release. You could have waiting, and didn't. That's the business logic behind it. They'd be losing quite a bit of money if they gave everyone who bought the phone fifty extra dollars.

um, where do you draw the line? 10 months is obviously too long for you. but not 3 months? what about 9 months? 7? 6? why? and fwiw, of couse sprint isn't obligated after 10 months- sprint is not obbligated at *all*, even within 30 days.

but it makes a lot of practical sense to have a w/in 30 day refund, given that new customers (maybe more than just new customers?) have 30 days to return it. you'd hate to have a bunch or returns / rebuys to get the lower price, leaving you with a bunch of used inventory.
    Quote Originally Posted by pathymo View Post
    You hit the nail on the head.

At what point to these people stop expecting to get some of their money back?

What if the Pre stays on the market for 5 years and 5 years from now it's only 19.99? Would you guys expect to get refunded down to 19.99? No?

Well, 30 days they already do it. 5 years only an ***** would think they would do it. For those people crying about not getting a refund 2 or 3 or 6 months down the line, just exactly when IS it fair to stop? 6 months? A year? 3 years?

No business in their right mind would EVER give refunds because the price dropped after the sale was final. Take careful note of my wording there folks, I said after the sale was final.

Within 30 days, you can simply return the Pre and cancel your contract, so it's easier for sprint to give you your refund than to go through the whole song and dance of you returning your Pre for a full refund and buying a different one.

Retail stores are the same way. If something goes one sale a few days after you buy it, they'll usually refund the difference if you could still return the item. Once you've lost the ability to return the item, they refuse to give you a partial refund.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    The reason for the 30 day people is because they can simply return it and buy it again at the lower price, so why not accommodate them anyway to prevent all the returns. I tried emailing Sprint to get the refund (way past 30 days) to no avail. However, I do think it is a little soon for the price drop, being only about 4 months. But if you think about it, I've had my phone since the week of launch and I wouldn't have waited for 4 months to pay $50 less, so it is what it is. Good job to Sprint for at least accommodating the 30-day customers.
    Everyone wants something for nothing lol, even me once in a while. Sprint already rocks with their new any mobile so give them a break.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I agree, it sucks. But that is retail for ya. If i buy gas for $2.50 a gallon, and it drops to 2.25 the next day, will the gas station refund me the difference?? Hell no.....
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I bought two 80 gb PS3s, then less than a month later Sony was selling 120gb PS3s for $100 less than I paid for mine. I am happy? Not really, but that's the market for electronics. My guess is that the 30 day window has to do more with the return policy. BTW, I got my $50 as a credit on my next month's bill.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts

How about it they dropped to $99 after 8 months? it's only 2 months less...
    apple originally only gave refunds to people who purchased iphone2g within 14 days...keep in mind it was a $200 drop. I think sprint did the right thing here...30 days is fair enough.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast