Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    30 day price price protection is a good policy, and not many of the big retailers do such a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by antiami View Post
    So I've been trying to cash in on this $50 rebate that Sprint said they would give customers that bought the Pre at $199.99, but with each sprint customer service representative that I've talked to, they've all said that since I am past the 30 day mark of buying my phone, it is not available to me.

I bought my Pre back in late July/early August, but as I understand it, this $50 rebate is pretty new and that it won't expire until October something. What is the deal? Have I been unlucky in that I have gotten incompetent representatives each time, or has Sprint called back that rebate? I know they are lying to me.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Or what did you do to get back your $50?
    This link is a thread that was already started. Just look at the thread and it will show you what to do. All it takes is a little searching. When you ask a question that has already been answered you are going to get responses like the ones you have gotten in this thread you started. To sum up the whole thread that I provided you the link for is as simple as 3 words. Just busting your balls, but seriously.

TALK TO RETENTION!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...wer-price.html
    I was upset at sprint since I purchased 2 pre's at 199, but before that they emphatically stated they could not discount the phone. To my surprise they did about 32 days after I bought the second one. 10+ years with sprint and big bills along the way I was expecting more than 25 bucks back out of the 100. The funny thing is the rep I spoke to repeated the no discount line...after the discount.
    I got my $50 bucks and I was not in the 30 day window. I had my pre for about 5 weeks and realized the new sale. So I called sprint and b*tched but I was nice about it and if you just tell them you are going to cancel your account with them and go back and forth they will credit your account. This is why I love sprint, just felt it was unfair that I just bought the phone and it went on sale...
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by corleone401 View Post
    This link is a thread that was already started. Just look at the thread and it will show you what to do. All it takes is a little searching. When you ask a question that has already been answered you are going to get responses like the ones you have gotten in this thread you started. To sum up the whole thread that I provided you the link for is as simple as 3 words. Just busting your balls, but seriously.

TALK TO RETENTION!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...wer-price.html
    It does work, just read the thread and you should get your refund credited to your account.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I just went back to the Radio Shack store and told them about the drop in price, they credited my credit card for the 50 bucks. Then I switched over my Verizon account and filed the $100 rebate. I told the manager at Radio Shack that I should get the $99 dollar deal.. instead hopefully I will get the $50 dollar deal. Though, I still paid the $39 charge for the activation fee which I think is bogus, especially since I had such a miserable couple of days trying to get them to switch over my number properly and had no service for 2 days.
    Hey its not a rebate or a refund its called a 30 day price guarantee. Most good businesses give this on anything you purchase.

30 days..........
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12