Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    So I have a problem , I have done a few tweaks on my phone and have changed the theme a few times . This morining I am playing around with it and now the top of the scren has a white line where the info such as carrier , signal strenght ,battery , are not visible and can not be accessed . I have since remvoed all tweaks , rebooted , removed battery rebooted , then tried partial erase and nothing has worked . I am looking for any help before I do a full erase. Any ideas ?
    this usually happens when the battery % tweak screws up. Maybe you should try the new WebOS Repair Utility

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-utility.html
    Quote Originally Posted by 27scoob View Post
    So I have a problem , I have done a few tweaks on my phone and have changed the theme a few times . This morining I am playing around with it and now the top of the scren has a white line where the info such as carrier , signal strenght ,battery , are not visible and can not be accessed . I have since remvoed all tweaks , rebooted , removed battery rebooted , then tried partial erase and nothing has worked . I am looking for any help before I do a full erase. Any ideas ?
    do the doctor same happen to me nothing u can do
    u can try uninstalling the tweaks then installing them again do it multiple times
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick replies . I have tried just now to use the repair utilty but i can not connect the device , when I plug in the phone I do not get the option to choose from sync,usb,charge it does not appear although the computer does sounf that a connection is made.
    thats not how you use the webos doctor
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    not the doctor the the repair utility
    Thanks for the quick replies . I have tried just now to use the repair utilty but i can not connect the device , when I plug in the phone I do not get the option to choose from sync,usb,charge it does not appear although the computer does sounf that a connection is made.
    Try restarting the phone and/or rebooting your computer.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Thanks , I have restarted and rebooted both several times before posting , but still trying . ...
    Thanks , I have restarted and rebooted both several times before posting , but still trying . ...
    Have you pulled the battery out for a minute?
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Yes I posted that earlier , turned the phone off removed the battery left it out for about five min or so and replaced and powerd back up .....no luck
    If you are hearing the connection sound from the computer, have you tried to tap the bottom portion of the screen where it should be saying "Just Charge"?
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I guess I am on my own ... in it's current state when I connect the phone none of the programs detect the device ...
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Yes I have tried it just does not work . uploading all my pic now and then going to try total erase , uless someone has any better ideas...
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Well I did a full erase and it did change it . Everything is reset completely and the top bar is still solid white . When I connect it it does not give me the option to choose from sync , usb, or just charge. but it does ****ect to the computer i am just not able to do anything with it. I need some help really ..
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Phone is bricked................
    Are you using the oem sync cable? Some cables, like the one that came with my Seidio Multifunctional charger only charges and doesn't offer the option to do the other stuff.
    The same thing happened to me. I uninstalled my theme. Then turned off all the tweaks. Then reboot Pre.
    Happened to me with the battery tweaked. Turned it off and it was fixed
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Yes I tried all that and now my phone is partially bricked . I can't connect to WebOs quick install or WEb doctor so I can't chane anything now
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone finally used this link How To Recover - WebOS Internals to help a little tricky had to pull battery to get it to power off since the power button did not work.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast