Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    My wife and I switched from AT&T to Sprint on Saturday and both got Pre's. I'm wondering if I got a buggy phone though as on Monday it locked up while using google maps while a MP3 was playing and then this morning the keyboard wouldn't work. In both cases I needed to pull the battery to reset it to fix it.

Thoughts?
    Kind of a side fix here. Did you try closing the slider and powering off the screen and reopening(for the keyboard issue).
    When google maps froze, did the music keep playing? If so hit the center button to minimize google maps and just close it and start over.

It's just like any other operating system, and multitasking can make things bug out.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    On the keyboard lock up, I did try powering it off and on w/ no luck.

For the google maps freeze, it played the rest of the song I was listening to but wouldn't continue. It was a hard lockup as it froze while zooming and the center button didnt help.
    Sorry to hear that, I've had my Pre since launch day and I've never had to take out the battery other than to activate it.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    If you're having to pull the battery to fix things like an unresponsive keyboard, then I'd take it in. Being a small computer, I consider needing an occasional reboot fairly normal. But having to pull the plug to fix problems isn't.

I assume your wife's is fine? You may just have a bad unit.
    return it while you still have time man..... run fast hurry lol, sorry j/k yeah sprint will replace it im sure, just make sure there are no homebrew apps or tweaks on the phone . you know web doctor it first!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    You most likely got refurbished phones that had some problem with them.

Those are serious problems. Your best bet is to return them and demand they give you bran-spanking new phones.
    i dont think it means refurb. mine is definitely not a refurb and has these issues.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself. You have two, and they don't behave the same. That means something is definitely wrong with one of them.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    If you're having to pull the battery to fix things like an unresponsive keyboard, then I'd take it in. Being a small computer, I consider needing an occasional reboot fairly normal. But having to pull the plug to fix problems isn't.

I think her's is fine although tonight it got stuck in a infinite ring/vibrate loop. I had to do a full reboot to get it out of the loop.

When we got them, there was a difference in how they were packaged. Her's already had the battery in it while I had to put the batter in mine.