1.    #1  
    So I was just wondering how cool it might be if webos could be used as a desktop os... if it would even be possible... i mean look at what has been done with it in the few months it has been out as a mobile os and so far.... windows did it the other way why couldnt palm go the backwards? Be really nice for like netbook or a full size notepad style laptop...

Ill take all the yelling that I am sure will I will get about all the things lacking so far but all the things lacking so far I am sure could be done and i am sure the battery would last longer then running windows... (my ONLY and I stress ONLY envy of the mac is that it can run all day on one charge)
    treo 650 > treo 700w > treo 800 > palm pre > evo 4g > 3vo

galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Google Desktop (not palm, obviously) is going to be based on web standards.. so similar..
    -mark
    Yes. But the UI wouldn't work well, because there aren't ideas of tabbing between fields, etc.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    hmm... a tablet with webOS. that could work. I guess you could run the emulator for now, lol.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Ah, no, not really. Not in it's current incarnation. And in a different incarnation, we wouldn't be talking about the same OS, so still no. It isn't nearly functional enough. For example, you can't have 2 active windows open at a time. No good on a desktop. For a small tablet (MID), perhaps.