iTunes just updated to version 9.0.1
    Quote Originally Posted by ssullivan1229 View Post
    iTunes just updated to version 9.0.1
    So?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Cher's daughter wants to become a man
    great, now we just have to wait until december for the update
    I'm thinking the OP is guessing that Apple has broken iTunes sync yet again, even before Palm releases their fix. I personally think that's unlikely, but then you never know. If I were running either Palm or Apple, I'd seriously be working hard on my corporate espionage program.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    great, now we just have to wait until december for the update
    Yeah, that 2.5 hours to fix it will definitely make the update take that long If the report for why the update has been delayed is correct, then all of your anger about iTunes sync is misplaced, and a waste of yours and everyone elses time. Awesome.
    Itunes... bah. I cared once back when my wife didn't have an Ipod. Then I had to upgrade to get the Ipod to work. Game over. I just drag and drop the folders. Works like a charm.

Itunes, shmytunes.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 09/23/2009 at 10:28 AM.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Crytunes
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Regardless of what the "cool" tech geeks think, itunes is a big deal to the average consumer. And since Palm advertises it as a feature then all this back and forth can really **** of their current (and potential) customers.

Personally, I still use my iphone for media since the pre players are pretty crappy. Its a pain but what can you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Regardless of what the "cool" tech geeks think, itunes is a big deal to the average consumer. And since Palm advertises it as a feature then all this back and forth can really **** of their current (and potential) customers.

Personally, I still use my iphone for media since the pre players are pretty crappy. Its a pain but what can you do.
    As a representative of the "cool" tech geeks, or CTG, I would like to say that perpetually using ITunes as a consumer was never what Palm wanted. They wanted their name to be out there as the champions of open use, and to make Apple look like crap. It has been a very smart policy to date, but that may be coming to an end.

So it behooves us to look for other avenues to move media to our phones. I have chosen the drag and drop method because it doesn't require any shenanigans to get it working. Choose something that works and go with it.

I say again, ITunes, Shmytunes.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    As a representative of the "cool" tech geeks, or CTG, I would like to say that perpetually using ITunes as a consumer was never what Palm wanted. They wanted their name to be out there as the champions of open use, and to make Apple look like crap. It has been a very smart policy to date, but that may be coming to an end.

So it behooves us to look for other avenues to move media to our phones. I have chosen the drag and drop method because it doesn't require any shenanigans to get it working. Choose something that works and go with it.

I say again, ITunes, Shmytunes.
    I chose the Winamp route. It will always work.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayball View Post
    Cher's daughter wants to become a man
    HE IS ALREADY A MAN
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    use sync toy ow winamp....I use synctoy because it syncs all data on my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Yeah, that 2.5 hours to fix it will definitely make the update take that long If the report for why the update has been delayed is correct, then all of your anger about iTunes sync is misplaced, and a waste of yours and everyone elses time. Awesome.
    what are you some kinda of Itunes freak.your just mad because i put you in your place on another thread.remember? "JUST BEAT IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    what are you some kinda of Itunes freak.your just mad because i put you in your place on another thread.remember? "JUST BEAT IT"
    iTunes sucks, I don't use it, I'll never install it, but I understand why Palm is pursuing this. You can't even type, much less put me "in my place".
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I actually find iTunes hard to use. I like winamp.
    y don't any developers play around with the itunes/pre issue and come up with a hack? i'm sure they would have by now if it was that easy. i just feel like the users should take it in their own hands and someone out there can.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    My Pre wont sync with my iTunes 9.0 I have not updated to 9.0.1?? Can anyone provide me with some assistance?
    Quote Originally Posted by oferico View Post
    HE IS ALREADY A MAN
    And you know this, how?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadney View Post
    My Pre wont sync with my iTunes 9.0 I have not updated to 9.0.1?? Can anyone provide me with some assistance?
    I run version 8.2.1 on my Mac. It synchs with the Pre. A quick google found these:

Apple - Downloads - iPod + iTunes - iTunes 8.2.1 for G3

iTunes 8.2.1 for Windows (64 bit)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast