1.    #1  
    I regularly listen to long Podcasts and Lecture MP3s and like to fast forward through commercials. I still have to carry my iPod with me just because the Pre fast forward capability is severely lacking. For longer audio files you only seem to be able to fast forward in five minute increments.

I was hoping this would have been fixed by now but Palm doesn't seem to recognize it as a priority. I'm using DrPodder (formerly PrePod) to download and listen to my Podcasts and the same problem exists in this program because it still uses the basic audio software architecture of the Pre.

Does anyone know whether Palm has given any indication whether they are even aware of this problem?
    Palm has not been very forth coming about exactly what and when you can expect any specific changes ... so the short answer is "no".

But, I would hope they might eventually add a scrubber to the music player. Would that fix your issue (can't say I've ever tried anything longer than a song)? If so, then you should check out the
    Music Player (Remix).
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberon Barnable View Post
    I regularly listen to long Podcasts and Lecture MP3s and like to fast forward through commercials. I still have to carry my iPod with me just because the Pre fast forward capability is severely lacking. For longer audio files you only seem to be able to fast forward in five minute increments.

I was hoping this would have been fixed by now but Palm doesn't seem to recognize it as a priority. I'm using DrPodder (formerly PrePod) to download and listen to my Podcasts and the same problem exists in this program because it still uses the basic audio software architecture of the Pre.

Does anyone know whether Palm has given any indication whether they are even aware of this problem?
    Check out the Dr.Podder app for the Pre. The FF/REW controls make me want them on my iPod....there's a 15 second and 30 second skip fwd or backwards.
    You can set-up Dr.Podder to automatically download new episodes via RSS or you can stream them. Also resumes where you left off if you exit the podcast. Highly recommeded and it's FREE!!!!!! Here's the LINK
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the responses. Yes I have the Music Player Remix and the scrubber works but still operates on the crude 4 to 5 minute increments of the default audio codec for longer audio files. The exact same thing with Dr. Podder which I also use. If you notice when you click either the 15 or 30 second Fast Forward buttons it will just repeat what you just heard until you press it 3 to 8 times more and then it just jumps to the next 4 or 5 minute increment.

I sure hope someone comes up with a solution to this soon as I just want to carry around my Pre and chuck the iPod.
    Thanks for the responses. Yes I have the Music Player Remix and the scrubber works but still operates on the crude 4 to 5 minute increments of the default audio codec for longer audio files. The exact same thing with Dr. Podder which I also use. If you notice when you click either the 15 or 30 second Fast Forward buttons it will just repeat what you just heard until you press it 3 to 8 times more and then it just jumps to the next 4 or 5 minute increment.

I sure hope someone comes up with a solution to this soon as I just want to carry around my Pre and chuck the iPod.
    Hmm, I havent experienced anything that you've desribed with DrPodder other than the repeat what you just heard. A soncd press cures that, but never experienced the 5-minute increment jumps???
    IIRC, the iPod doesn't have such extensive control...It's a scrubber and FF REW only.
  6.    #6  
    What is "soncd press? I'd like to give it a try.

Actually the iPods with the capacitive touch circle allows for incredible control over FF and RW down to just a few seconds per increment rather than the few minutes of the Pre. My wife has a Pre and has the exact same behavior. It's only noticeable with audio files longer than 1 hour.
    Amazing that these same people that designed the Pre and it's music player are the same people that created the iPod and those features, eh?

What is "soncd press? I'd like to give it a try.

Actually the iPods with the capacitive touch circle allows for incredible control over FF and RW down to just a few seconds per increment rather than the few minutes of the Pre. My wife has a Pre and has the exact same behavior. It's only noticeable with audio files longer than 1 hour.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Here's the palm developer forums link so you can keep track of Palm's response to this problem.
    Forums webOS - Audio playback stops before the end
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Amazing that these same people that designed the Pre and it's music player are the same people that created the iPod and those features, eh?
    I wouldn't call being able to fast foward an audio file in reasonable increments a "feature". As of now this functionality of pretty much broken for the longer audio files.