Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Today, I saw that there was a little nick on my Pre. Its just above the charging port and looks like a small BB hit it. I don't know how it happened, and I keep my Pre safe as if it were my child.

That little scuff mark can't be removed (as it removed some of the plastic) and I am not ok with that. But I am interested in hearing if anyone else has learned to live with minor scratches or scuff marks on their Pre.

And, even though its a small mark, do you think I could get it replaced?
    yeah u could get it re placed
    if u finish it off or somthing
    then get ins. to cover it.
    i have a nic on my screen .
    i went and got a zagg invisi
    shield . i went quickly too,lol
    and I dont mind the nic any
    More its grown on me somehow...lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I carry mine in its pouch, and even left the plastic front screen on while I ordered skins.
    It's not protected from drops, but I feel 100% better about smudges/scrapes/scuffs.

Btw, the above poster should be drawn and quartered for writing like that.
    Dropped it at the movies.

Bought black glossy nail polish for 4 dollars.

Scratch eliminated.
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post

Scratch eliminated.
    Great Solution!!!!!!
    My screen is jacked up, but it's just a phone IMO.

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    my original Pre leather holder put some scuff mark on the screen... just found that out... its in the place where the pulling band is attatched on the inside of the holder - surface is raised there slightly... i will see how soon it will get to the point of being highly visible and "unbearable" and then decide what to do with it...
    actually, i didn't think that something specifically designed for the Pre would do that...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post

Scratch eliminated.
    Hey thats a good idea. I still carry mine the the leather pouch it came with, but leave it outside the pouch when I sleep. I must've knocked it over in my sleep when the alarm went off while trying to find the snooze button.

But Alik R, that is very interesting. I wonder what Sprint would say if you tried to replace it
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I never put a screen protector on my pre, so I have scratches all over the screen. Nothing deep, just normal use scratches.

Does any know if you can "buff" them out like you do when buffing the scratches out of a car's black paint job? Forgive me if that sounds stupid, but I don't really have any other choice.
    I noticed about a month ago that I have a crack in the top left hand corner of the phone. Don't know where it came from, but it will stay until something really bad happens and then I may have to use my insurance, but I can live with it for the moment.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    My first Pre I did. Once it flew out of my holster (when I had that cheap plastic one), and another time I dropped it when I was getting out of my car. Didn't scratch the screen though.
    Simple fix, really. Back when I was with AT&T, I had gotten a Samsung Impression. Stupid me decided to use no case and no screen protector, so the inevitable happened: a deep scratch. Now, this being a touch screen phone that I would have to live with for 2 years, I wasn't going to live with this scratch for that long. So, I got in the car, drove to the AT&T store, and went in. I told the guy that my phone was getting horrible signal compared to my sisters and parents phones, and I asked if I could try a replacement phone. So the guy said OK, swapped out phones, and I had a new phone, free of scratches. Then I left the screen protector on until I bought an Invisible Shield
    i've scuffed the back. don't care. there's a small scratch in the screen. i may get a screen protector but i don't want to pay 15 bucks for one. like someone said. it's just a phone. And honestly in two year's i'll probably have a new one. I i won't ruin it in two to three years.
    I scuffed the back up from spinning it on a table. I also dropped it onto concrete and it got a tiny, almost unnoticeable chip on the left side.
  15. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Oh my yes. I should not allow myself to have nice things. I've dropped it/kicked it/allowed it to settle face down in a bag I brought to be beach causing many tiny scratches on the screen/and much, much more. I've used it so much since launch that the chrome paint on the center button and ear piece have rubbed completely off.

But fundamentally, the thing is solid. The slider works fine, the play between the two halves of the phone have about as much play as they did when I got the phone, and everything else works just fine.
  16. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Doublepost because vbulletin sucks.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antiami View Post
    And, even though its a small mark, do you think I could get it replaced?
    Actually, when my first Pre stopped working and I took it into the store I was concerned that they wouldn't be able to replace it because it was a little scuffed around the edges. But they never said anything about that.
    You should invest in the Zagg invisible shield. It is well worth the money, I put it on my Pre the day I bought it so I don't have to carry it like it's a 'baby'.
    Non gel toothpaste will buff out small scratches on your screen. Get a lil on your finger and gently rub in small circles for a while.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    My Pre is well protected by the nice "man pouch" provided by Palm...lol
    Motorola StarTAC-->Cassiopia E100 + Motorola i90-->Motorola i95-->Blackberry 7520-->Palm Treo 650-->HTC 6700(Apache)--> HTC 6800(Mogul)-->HTC 6850 (Touch Pro)-->Palm Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast