Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Whatever happened to Twee, the homebrew one?
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    Whatever happened to Twee, the homebrew one?
    +1 what did happen to it... I still have it on my phone, but it just up and disapeared?!?! I would much rather have Twee! At the rate of the app's out on the store now... I don't see paying for any of them.

I've donated to a few on homebrew, but that was mainly for the work they were putting in peroid not the quality of their app! I want to see NaNplayer on the catalog for sure. Get me some better GUI's on these apps and I'll pay... right now there now worth it.
    The $1.99 doesn't bother me unless it includes free updates afterwards. I'm not a big fan of Twee.

If Tweed can put out true pic support and landscape mode, I'll be a HAPPY camper.
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels." - Thomas Carlyle
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    I think $1.99 is a fair price. It will include future upgrades.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Off the top of my head, I believe Twee's final release will be coming out in the paid version of the app catalog. I've tried both and prefer Twee as well.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Tweed's paid release will feature true photo support, but that also means you lose Flickr integration which is a bummer to me. Twee is much better anyway. I just wish they could change the text size to be more readable.

Does anyone actually use Spaz?
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 93akkord View Post
    Off the top of my head, I believe Twee's final release will be coming out in the paid version of the app catalog. I've tried both and prefer Twee as well.
    I prefer the interface on Tweed, but Twee has more features. I will want to try out the final versions of both t osee which comes out on top.

I am not a heavy Twitterer so I am not sure if it is worth it at all to get one of these apps. I was planning on getting rid of Twee and just using Tweed for free, but now I am not so sure.
    I really find it difficult to fathom why anyone would complain about paying $3.99, let alone $1.99, for an application. If the iPhone has had one terrible effect on the industry, it's the strengthening of the notion of "free" as a viable business model and as an entitlement. I really hope Palm manages, somehow, to maintain quality in the App Catalog against the horrendous example of Apple's App Store.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Twee is king.

Ability to load 100 tweets on one page in seconds is best feature other apps don't have. For someone like me with tons of people I follow that rocks
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I really find it difficult to fathom why anyone would complain about paying $3.99, let alone $1.99, for an application. If the iPhone has had one terrible effect on the industry, it's the strengthening of the notion of "free" as a viable business model and as an entitlement. I really hope Palm manages, somehow, to maintain quality in the App Catalog against the horrendous example of Apple's App Store.
    Oh please. The App Store puts Palms App Catalog to shame, in every way. Palm would do well to attempt to emulate what Apple has done, but without being as restrictive.
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    Oh please. The App Store puts Palms App Catalog to shame, in every way. Palm would do well to attempt to emulate what Apple has done, but without being as restrictive.
    Quantity does not equal quality
    Tried out Twee, didn't care for it. Tweed all the way! Will gladly pay 2bux for such a fantastic app. I hope I don't have to buy again if I format or something. I can't wait for direct image uploading!
    All I do is read tweets, and maybe the occasional tweet of my own - so I'm just going to stick with the free version of Tweed.

Gotta love FREE!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    You know at first i didn't like twee, but now I'm a huge fan, its half the startup time, full of features, and works really well. Tweed just seemed a little clunky to me.
    My Life with the Pre. http://theprelife.com
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    I personally use Tweed, but Twee is very sweet as well. In fact, I love the colors on Twee. I want the Twee theme, but on Tweed. Weird, I know =\

And I will gladly pay $1.99 for 1.0 release. Especially cause it's the low price for a lil bit.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteman100 View Post
    Quantity does not equal quality
    Yet the Apple App Store has both. Maybe the majority of apps suck, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a large number of apps that are really really good.
    tweed will be able to load more twitter post in an upcoming version.

twee was removed from homebrew because it will show up in the app cat, but there has been a delay, and now you cant find it anyplace but a link on this forum.

i have tried all 3 and tweed is for me.

Twitter Clients
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    For those that enjoy Twee, expect it to show up in the app catalog as a paid app. This was probably part of the reason the author took it down from Homebrew Gallery as he was expecting his app to hit the App Catalog as a paid app after the paid app catalog launch.

If you have any problems and issues with Tweed, simply tweet to @Tweed and they are quite responsive to your problems, issues, and suggestions.
    Something I noticed... "true, direct photo upload (no more email)" - which to me means that perhaps the 1.2 version of the SDK now supports direct uploading???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast