Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    When they debut the new app catalog on Thursday, I think they'll want to WOW people so I'm thinking big. My magic number is 500 (thinking this is high but doable), however 1,000 would be super duper primo. Over one hundred for certain, but I expect there should be more than 150. Remember, I'm including apps already in there.

What are your guesses and why?
    4 new apps with 50 updates. The 4 new apps will be free, and the 50 will be updated to cost 99 cents.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    4 new apps with 50 updates. The 4 new apps will be free, and the 50 will be updated to cost 99 cents.
    LOL! Nobody could ever accuse you of being overly optimistic.

Hey, they're trying to work a secondary stock sale here, dream bigger.
    It's not going to be very many the first day.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Honestly being that the platform is not huge were looking at maybe 100 more apps, with more and more added every Thursday?
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    LOL! Nobody could ever accuse you of being overly optimistic.

Hey, they're trying to work a secondary stock sale here, dream bigger.
    I figure if I expect nothing and get something, then I can be suprised that I got something when expecting nothing.
    This thread needs a poll.

I say to many usless ones, and 2 good ones lol...

Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Um, did you guys read the front page news on PreCentral yet?
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Well, at least, somebody read it. But I've been thinking this all along. You don't move from allowing hundreds into the development program to thousands without getting something out of it.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by He123321 View Post
    This thread needs a poll.

I say to many usless ones, and 2 good ones lol...
    I tried. I'm inept. LOL I followed the directions, but it wouldn't take me to the create a poll page. I gave it a title. I clicked the box for poll. I specified a number of choices and clicked submit and it told me I needed text in the message box. If I was doing something wrong, I didn't want the post to appear without the poll portion, so I said "screw it."
    I say at least 200..."palm pre, now with hundreds of applications"...sounds better than dozens of applications chuq dosent say how many are working on submissions currently....so if its 5 then thousands sounds far fetched....idk I hope for at least 200...
    There is 233 homebrew apps so I expect at least 233 apps in the app catalog now that you can pay. In reality there should be hundreds more if not over 1000. Many developers will just port programs from the iphone and android but are probably waiting on the payment plan.

others will probably develop more when palm hopefully opens the SDK and allows developers to use webgl or open gl. (still my sore point with palm because i dont know when they will do it or if they do)

other than. im really like the pre's and webos's outlook. they just need to add some of the main features. so people like me dont feel like we missing out on basics by owning a pre
    I'm thinking 40. App store can quote all its 75K apps all it wants, but when it comes to quality apps, that number is a WHOLE lot lower.
    Quote Originally Posted by prefanatic View Post
    There is 233 homebrew apps
    233? I just checked fileCoaster and it lists 218 only.

What gives?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    233? I just checked fileCoaster and it lists 218 only.

What gives?
    Probably in Preware.
    I think I'm in PogePetey's camp. You guys are all setting yourselves up for disappointment. If we get 10 new paid apps and updates to paid versions to some of the apps that are already there, it would be a lot. There may be a flood, but Palm is having trouble keeping up with it. I think they've been getting apps into the store as quickly as possible. But I do believe they'll at least get past the 100 mark one way or the other (possibly counting a paid app and it's free brother as 2 apps).

Not trying to be a naysayer, but let's not get our hopes up too high thereby setting up Palm for failure.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I think I'm in PogePetey's camp. You guys are all setting yourselves up for disappointment. If we get 10 new paid apps and updates to paid versions to some of the apps that are already there, it would be a lot. There may be a flood, but Palm is having trouble keeping up with it. I think they've been getting apps into the store as quickly as possible. But I do believe they'll at least get past the 100 mark one way or the other (possibly counting a paid app and it's free brother as 2 apps).

Not trying to be a naysayer, but let's not get our hopes up too high thereby setting up Palm for failure.
    Aren't there already like 83 apps? I would think, without worry of hopes dashing, they could squeeze out more than just 17 more apps for their grand debut. Plus, we don't know how many companies have been working on this all along. I know I've seen quite a few stories from various companies stating "they'll have an app for that" for the Pre.
    I'd say 90 new apps, within a full week.
    Well lets see. Palm has been doing some strange things of late and we all know that Pixi dust was involved thus the Pixi. So with a little extra dust.....

2498 apps

Now I'm going to just run into the wall....lol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast