1.    #1  
    Ok, so I was trying to put the virtual keyboard on to my palm pre and everything was going right and then when I was adding tweaks in that the guide told me two the screen on top went like it is in the picture. I have tried everything but it won't come off, I can't see the time or anything that usually comes up there. Then for the launcher the same thing happend and i can't see my bookmarks, etc and everytime i hit the volume button nothing comes up. I already uninstalled novacom(is that how you spell it). Please, help I don't know what to do and sorry for the type of picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    First... go here: Paragraph - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then... get webosquickinstall running on your computer again. You said you uninstalled novacom. No need to do that.

The white bar at the top is common. I assume you were doing the battery percentage tweak. all you need to do is undo the tweak, let it restart your phone, and then turn the tweak back on. Sometimes you have to do that a couple times for it to work.
    First, relax and calm down. This isn't like smart phones of the past. Just about every single software related problem CAN be fixed, even if the phone won't boot all the way up. Panicking and freaking out will only make things worse (in any situation).

Alright, first try what Tubal said. Get Novacom back on your computer, and hook it back up to WebOS Quick Install. Undo the battery tweak, and restart your phone. See if that makes it better. If it does, re do the tweak. If you keep getting the white bar, just keep undoing/redoing the tweak until it takes.

If undoing the tweak doesn't work, or you just want to bring your phone back to "normal" quick fast and in a hurry, simply enable Developer mode, hook up your Pre to your computer, and run WebOSDoctor. Before running the doctor, put your Pre in a SAFE place where it won't get bumped or moved around, and make sure your USB cable is safe from chairs and pets . Make sure you remember your Palm Profile password. Logging in on Palms website is a good way to double check if your not sure you know it or not. Than, run the doctor. This usually takes about 15 minutes or so, maybe a little longer. Once it is done, and you put your palm profile stuff in, your phone will restore its contacts and such, and be like brand new before you did any tweaks You will loose your pictures though, so you may want to use USB mode and save those first if they are important to you.
  4.    #4  
    I've been trying to do it the first way but this comes up:

Pic...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Probably better do a webosdr and start your pre from scratch.

if you have webosquickinstall (the latest version) then go into file -> Options -> Panic Button.

Keep in mind that this will restore your phone back to factory settings. So you'll lose all your pictures, songs, etc.

I THINK that your profile is stored by palm. Someone else can chime in. Your profile keeps all your contacts and calendar info? So when you enter your login information for your palm once you restart, i think you'll still have that stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubal View Post
    Probably better do a webosdr and start your pre from scratch.

if you have webosquickinstall (the latest version) then go into file -> Options -> Panic Button.

Keep in mind that this will restore your phone back to factory settings. So you'll lose all your pictures, songs, etc.

I THINK that your profile is stored by palm. Someone else can chime in. Your profile keeps all your contacts and calendar info? So when you enter your login information for your palm once you restart, i think you'll still have that stuff.
    Yup. All of your main data, Contacts/Calender/Memo's/Task's etc. will be stored in your profile. The only thing you loose is "USB Mode" type data, such as Pics, Videos, Songs etc.
  7.    #7  
    Thank you so much, I fixed the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nina14 View Post
    Thank you so much, I fixed the problem.
    No problemo. Just curious, how did you fix it?
    My just charge icon wont show up, so webos doctor doesnt recognize a phone being there, anybody have any ideas on what do do?