Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    On what are you basing this information?

Sorry, kids have advisors in friends, at school, and through the media. At home, and on family related issues - they need parents.
    plenty of psychology backs it up. Do your own research. Conservatives are the highest users of ****,for example.

kids are highly sudceptible to negative suggestion. Be wary
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    plenty of psychology backs it up. Do your own research. Conservatives are the highest users of ****,for example.

kids are highly sudceptible to negative suggestion. Be wary
    My major in college, don't recall the "psychology" of which you speak, and what does conservatives (or non-conservatives) have to do with the discussion...?

I'm curious, does one have to proclaim their political leanings before accessing ****ography sites? If not, how is that information tracked?

Not only is the information your providing contridictory, you seem to have something of an agenda in providing it.

But, feel free to respond, I think I'm pretty much done with that particular topic. The question isn't whether or not such filtering is proper (that's for the parents to decide), but how to do it once the decision is made.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    The question isn't whether or not such filtering is proper (that's for the parents to decide), but how to do it once the decision is made.
    Agreed - I'd like, for example, to see if there is a way to use OpenDNS on the Pre. I use it for my home network and am pleased with how it works; adding it to the Pre would be great.
    OpenDNS filtering is great, but even if you can get the Pre to use their dns servers, the only way you can activate their filtering is by associatoing your IP address with a "network" in your OpenDNS profile. This is easy to do if you have a static IP. It's easy to do if you have a dynamic IP if you run their updater software to keep your dynamic IP synced to your OpenDNS network. This is nigh impossible to do from a phone - unless someone were to develop an OpenDNS updater app that would run in the background. I don't think we get the same IP address on our phones with every data connection. (Would be nice though if we did.)
    Quote Originally Posted by mediaserve View Post
    OpenDNS filtering is great, but even if you can get the Pre to use their dns servers, the only way you can activate their filtering is by associatoing your IP address with a "network" in your OpenDNS profile. This is easy to do if you have a static IP. It's easy to do if you have a dynamic IP if you run their updater software to keep your dynamic IP synced to your OpenDNS network. This is nigh impossible to do from a phone - unless someone were to develop an OpenDNS updater app that would run in the background. I don't think we get the same IP address on our phones with every data connection. (Would be nice though if we did.)
    This is probably something more appropriate for someone more intimate with the details of the various piece installed, but is this something that can also be done by using a dns name instead of an ip?

The Pre's IP is definitely dynamic, but mine has a consistent host name using DynDNS. Can this be incorporated into the way OpenDNS works?
    This looks like it would be something of interest on WebOS-Internals have you posted it there? If not, would you? I'd like to see details (which I suspect are beyond the scope of the forum)
    Ok, I wrote a HOWTO in the webos-internals wiki, how to setup squid (including a screenshot). The page is named SetupSquidTransparentProxy (I am not allowed to post URLs...)
    I updated my HOWTO about configuring a proxy on the palm pre when WIFI is active, including filtering support:

Transparent Proxy on the palm pre for internet filtering and proxy forwarding
    How does running squid affect the performance of the Pre?
    I will pay someone ca$h money to lock / remove / disable the internet browser on my Sprint Palm Pre

Send me a msg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12