Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have reset it..turned GPS on and off and it still shows this. I am in Iowa how do I correct this?
    Are you inside or outside when you do this?
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

I have the same type of problem. Sprint navigation is spot on, but google maps is always like 1/4 mile off......and it doesn't seem to update as I move.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Are you inside or outside when you do this?
    both
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    When inside my house Google Maps pinpoints me in my bedroom o_0 and can and will follow me as I move through my house.

Sounds weird that it would be off like that. Maybe you live on a ex-bomb testing site :O
    Or some Indians who practiced voodoo and met aliens lived there before and there is a crazy magnetic field :O :O lol
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    both
    That's odd for sure. I can see it having issues resetting inside your house, but if you are doing it outside, it should be pretty accurate.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    You probably know this, but Sprint's World Headquarters is located in Overland Park, which may explain part of it.

I've seen this issue when I'm at home near my Airave. The Pre uses several ways to get your location, including tower location. I've always suspected that when it sees the Airave it does the lookup and doesn't find an entry for it, and the Overland Park address is somewhat of a default. I'll look tonight to see what the specific location is and we can compare. What intersection shows up for you?

Taking it a bit further, it's not a stretch to think that the same thing could be happening to you, either with an Airave or with a Sprint tower that doesn't have a proper database entry to put your location out there.

EDIT: It's also worth noting that I live in the Overland Park area as well, for me it just shows a specific part of Overland Park that is decidedly far away from me, but only when I'm at home.
    Google Maps can not find my location at home, with an Airave. I must live in the middle of nowhere. (Northern Rhode Island)
    When I'm home, it has my location nailed down as long as GPS is turned on... with the GPS off, it has me a couple miles away. at my friend's house, with his Airave, it has me located about 55 miles away.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    You have to call and set up the Airave. The Airave has a GPS of its own. Mine says that I am in Canada, eh.
  11.    #11  
    Anybody know how to fix this? This is my third pre and the other 2 worked fine...Do i need to take the freaking phone back? I use google maps with gps all the time so this really hinders me.
    Do you have an Airave?
    Anybody know how to fix this? This is my third pre and the other 2 worked fine...Do i need to take the freaking phone back? I use google maps with gps all the time so this really hinders me.
    Where does Sprint Navigation say you are? My Sprint Nav is way more accurate than google is and you can do the same stuff (and more!) with Sprint Nav that you can do with google maps......I made the switch when I got my Pre.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    Do you have an Airave?
    No and I have had 2 pres that before this that just worked fine.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by btompkins0112 View Post
    Where does Sprint Navigation say you are? My Sprint Nav is way more accurate than google is and you can do the same stuff (and more!) with Sprint Nav that you can do with google maps......I made the switch when I got my Pre.
    Sprint Navigation has my location but I do not use it as much as google maps.
    Try a full erase/reset?
    Sprint Nav is always spot on for me, but I have tried everything and simply can't get google maps to find my location accurately. It's always about 5 miles East of where I am.
    I just use Sprint Nav.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    Do you have an Airave?
    That's the question.

Also, where DO you live?

- Craig
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    That's the question.

Also, where DO you live?

- Craig
    No, Des Moines, Iowa
    Sprint Navigation has my location but I do not use it as much as google maps.
    Yeah, I used to use Google Maps all of the time until I discovered.....as you are in the process of now.....that it sucks at locating your position with any sort of accuracy sometimes.

Sprint Nav can produce better 2d mapping of restaurants, points of interest, etc. near your current location (or elsewhere) the same as GM and after you've found what you want it can give you 3d turn-by-turn directions.

Just my opinion, but once you discover all of the functionality in Sprint Nav, you'll never look back.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast