Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 112
  1.    #1  
    So last night my pre fell victim to the infamous screen cracking, the touch screen wouldn't work at all..went into the sprint store, they wanted me to wait for a replacement but I use my phone for business calls, so they spoke to the manager and got a new one out of the box. Kudos to Sprint, and I hope this 8th one is a charm!!!
  2. #2  
    I am waiting for a second refurb. I turned down their first offering. Got my fingers and toes crossed.

    Tried palm and they want 29.95 and a 400 deposit for a new phone. No way
  3. #3  
    I'm sorry but if you'd had 8 already you're beating the hell out of your phone.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by buchkoba00 View Post
    I'm sorry but if you'd had 8 already you're beating the hell out of your phone.
    im not, I never have a replacement long enough for it even get a scratch. i just have really bad luck with electronics this summer then, I've had my macbook trackpad and display go out in just this last month.
  5. #5  
    I've had no problems with my Pre since it was delivered. I wish you luck, but, wow, 8 Pre's in just a few short months. Wow.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    So last night my pre fell victim to the infamous screen cracking, the touch screen wouldn't work at all..went into the sprint store, they wanted me to wait for a replacement but I use my phone for business calls, so they spoke to the manager and got a new one out of the box. Kudos to Sprint, and I hope this 8th one is a charm!!!
    No prob. Forward march!! See if you can go for 15 replacements!!!

    <edited by berd - take your personal tiff to pm >> never mind reports like THESE! How many have I replaced, right? Pfft.

    But seriously, kbritt, if your 8th pre craps out on you I would deepsix the pre idea and go for something else.

    This phone is such poor quality that folks have to slog through anywhere from 3-8 pres before finally settling with one that.... well.. sucks the least of the previous 7.

    And that's an upgrade?

    please.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 09/22/2009 at 10:59 PM.
  7. #7  
    How did it crack? Right down the middle? Ya know without a pic people arent gonna believe that it just crack out of the blue.

    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    So last night my pre fell victim to the infamous screen cracking, the touch screen wouldn't work at all..went into the sprint store, they wanted me to wait for a replacement but I use my phone for business calls, so they spoke to the manager and got a new one out of the box. Kudos to Sprint, and I hope this 8th one is a charm!!!
  8.    #8  
    it cracked from the center button. the sprint techs said it was a known issue and i don't have insurance its not like they are just going to give me new one if there was physical damage involved. i dont have it anymore to take a picture of but google pre cracked screen and thats exactly what it looked like
  9.    #9  
    furthermore, i live 45 min from the sprint store and i don't have a bottomless gas tank or deep pockets, not exactly doing this for fun
  10. #10  
    This post would be a good place to quote joe wilson. 8 pres's? Come on now nobody is that unlucky. How many times did you replace your previous phone?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    This post would be a good place to quote joe wilson. 8 pres's? Come on now nobody is that unlucky. How many times did you replace your previous phone?
    none actually. i've had a blackberry curve, mogul, touch pro, tmobile dash, and every sidekick since the beginning of time...no issues
  12. #12  
    And weren't you the person posting to help convince a friend to get a Pre?!
    What kind of friend are you?!!

    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    none actually. i've had a blackberry curve, mogul, touch pro, tmobile dash, and every sidekick since the beginning of time...no issues
  13. #13  
    I've had 31 replacement PRE's and I'm going for 50!
  14. #14  
    when I called palm today the first thing they asked me was if there was a crack near the usb. I didn't even start to say what the problem was. I found that pretty weird. I just asked her if they were getting a lot of calls regarding problems. At the end of the call she said we hardly ever get calls about hardware, it's all about software. I find that very hard to believe
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    No prob. Forward march!! See if you can go for 15 replacements!!!

    <edited by berd - take your personal tiff to pm >> never mind reports like THESE! How many have I replaced, right? Pfft.

    But seriously, kbritt, if your 8th pre craps out on you I would deepsix the pre idea and go for something else.

    This phone is such poor quality that folks have to slog through anywhere from 3-8 pres before finally settling with one that.... well.. sucks the least of the previous 7.

    And that's an upgrade?

    please.
    Yeah!!! All you Pre owners should ignore the hundreds of thosands that haven't had any problems, and get a Treo, because ... Welll... Because Treobk says so, and will refer to you as a "turkey" if you don't.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 09/22/2009 at 11:02 PM.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    And weren't you the person posting to help convince a friend to get a Pre?!
    What kind of friend are you?!!
    her's is issue free so far. i wont even TOUCH it, believe me
  17. #17  
    kbritt are you putting these phones in your front pocket or where do you carry them?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Pockets View Post
    kbritt are you putting these phones in your front pocket or where do you carry them?
    either i carry them in their case in my hand or put them in my shirt chest pocket. never put them i my pants or shorts or bags or anything
  19.    #19  
    plus the other 7 issues werent screen issues...random shutdowns, a screw got loose in the hinge, keyboard stopped working etc.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    ...
    But seriously, kbritt, if your 8th pre craps out on you I would deepsix the pre idea and go for something else.
    ...
    I'm not sure if they let you. I am on my 6th pre and it sounded like last time that all they could do is exchange it for another pre. I'm sure if I put up a fuss they would let me, but it just doesn't sound like they were willing to offer that as an option.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions