Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 112
  1.    #81  
    good news. my 8th replacement is amazing. and couldn't oreo if it tried. go preeeeee
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    Even if you didn't know before you bought the first one--you surely knew after the first one, and second--etc... I don't feel bad for people still not happy after a 30-day, no questions, money-back gaurantee.

    I'm happy with my crappy Pre, solely because of WebOS.
    In spite of your assertions, your experience is not everyone's, or even the majority.

    Your claims aren't supported by facts.
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    ...
    The next time I buy a phone I will make sure to ask if it is a beta. Maybe I can get paid to buy it like beta testers do.
    Where'd you get the idea that beta testers get paid? Possibly the same place you got the notion that the phone was beta...
  4. #84  
    I was quoting scrapmaker. The pre shouldn't be seen as a beta I agree but the flaws have caused some to think that the issues are linked to this being a first gen so it should be assumed.
    Last edited by THETRUTH; 09/25/2009 at 07:50 AM.
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    good news. my 8th replacement is amazing. and couldn't oreo if it tried. go preeeeee
    Congrats. I'm hoping my 7th will be the same way.
  6. T3CK's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by osidak View Post
    Think I read Palm has shipped 850,000 pre's

    to bad they only have about 1000 actual customers

    Damn I am glad I did not end up with this phone. Waiting for the Hero to land - If it turns out to be a good phone I will be leaving Palm behind. Sick of them walking away from customers 800w/Treo Pro and putting phones that had no business being sold yet on the market.
    Kmon. We are like 200 people posting how many Pre's we changed and there are other 200,000 who never had a problem... if you get my drift. Pre has the lowest return ratio, compared to other PDA's freshly released, not to mention it was voted the best phone at Consumer Electronics Show 2009.

    Feel free to get the Hero, you will come back to Pre... soon.

    This is my 4th Pre. It has been close to a month I use it intensely and I never had a problem with it. Like others, I was not lucky to get a good phone on my hand until no. 4. So what if it breaks, it is a new product for crying out loud... the engineers are not Gods to overcome ALL technical issues on the first batch of this model. The important thing is that you get a good customer service and your phone issue is addressed.

    No matter what, I'm convinced Pre it is an amazing phone, way better then anything that will come out for a while. I mean, have you seen the new Microsoft Pink smartphones (Turtle and Pure)? They look like crap!
    Last edited by T3CK; 09/25/2009 at 05:46 PM. Reason: damn typo
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
  7. Cohens's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #87  
    This is probably a good thread to ask on lol. The plastic piece that goes under the USB port broke... is that considered a replaceable hardware issue? I can't get to a sprint store for a week so figured I would ask on here.

    Other than that my phones been flawless but that piece being broken causes the little USB cover to not snap shut all the way unless you press really hard which will probably end up breaking the USB port...
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cohens View Post
    This is probably a good thread to ask on lol. The plastic piece that goes under the USB port broke... is that considered a replaceable hardware issue? I can't get to a sprint store for a week so figured I would ask on here.

    Other than that my phones been flawless but that piece being broken causes the little USB cover to not snap shut all the way unless you press really hard which will probably end up breaking the USB port...
    it is considered abuse.
    no 'Thanks'
  9. #89  
    I wonder how many Pre's were returned due to faulty batteries? Pity, since all you have to do is swap it out. Much easier than getting a whole new phone.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  10. #90  
    my #2 is coming in tuesday, the power button stopped working on mine. hope its a winner
  11. #91  
    running out now to see if this new refurb is good.
  12. #92  
    Last and final refurb attempt is a no go. Bad oreo rebuild date 8/17. Store said they will just keep replacing the phone over and over. I told him I would just deal with mine or go through palm. Oh well I tried.
  13. #94  
    I honestly don't get how people here are having so many problems with their Pre's. I've dropped mine a couple times, sat on it, even dropped it into a sink full of water while washing dishes and the Pre is still working!! Makes me wonder what some people are doing to their Pres...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  14. #95  
    So, my pre suffered a fall off my desk from about 3ft and hit carpet that is not exactly the softest stuff on the planet. It must have landed squarely on the power button... a power button now almost flush with the body. I have to press it from the top now, it stopped registering presses from the side. It's a sad day... I love webOS but the pre isn't very durable. I guess I'll just live with it, although I do have TEP on the line. I know this won't be my last pre, just waiting for more significant wear before I have it swapped out.
    I have a techie job and do configure most of the smartphones for execs at my workplace... and I'm a pre-ophile... ha. I've set up Tours, Curves, iPhones and htc Magics for corporate mail. Each time I do... I pull out my pre and set it next to these latest and greatest phones. The pre is a stunning looking phone, I have to admit. I like some of the widgets on android, and I wish we would get something of that nature on the pre eventually... but I really think this is the best mobile OS there is, and considering it's age... that says a lot.
  15.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    I honestly don't get how people here are having so many problems with their Pre's. I've dropped mine a couple times, sat on it, even dropped it into a sink full of water while washing dishes and the Pre is still working!! Makes me wonder what some people are doing to their Pres...
    i had sex with # 1-7. I have a gf now so maybe that's why 8 is working just fine
  16. Lito305's Avatar
    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    #97  
    I am on my fourth pre since launch!! but in palms defense one of those was my fault..
  17. Lito305's Avatar
    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    I honestly don't get how people here are having so many problems with their Pre's. I've dropped mine a couple times, sat on it, even dropped it into a sink full of water while washing dishes and the Pre is still working!! Makes me wonder what some people are doing to their Pres...
    yea sure you have... I have washed my pre in my shorts with laundry and it died completely so how did you drop yours in the sink full of water and its still working???????

    And people aren't doing anything to their pre. its called poor build quality.

    maybe you got lucky like some others and got a really good build thats all...
  18.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lito305 View Post
    yea sure you have!! I have washed my pre in my shorts with laundry and it died completely so how did you drop yours in the sink full of water and its still working???????

    And people aren't doing anything to their pre!!! its called poor build quality!!!

    maybe you got lucky like some others and got a really good build thats all...
    No, I gfunk is right...as SOON as I got my Pre I had a competition with my friends to see how quickly we could ruin it, mainly because I'm THAT bored and made of THAT much money...well, guess who won
  19. Lito305's Avatar
    Posts
    210 Posts
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    No, I gfunk is right...as SOON as I got my Pre I had a competition with my friends to see how quickly we could ruin it, mainly because I'm THAT bored and made of THAT much money...well, guess who won
    I also did the same thing with a friends pre the day after launch.... because we have the best buy black tie protection plan so we wanted to see how tough the pre was.

    the screen was hard to scratch but everything else was easy to break!! we dropped it and the slider had a severe "oreo" cookie effect and the screen had a crack in it....

    the pre i have now was made this month 9-14-09 and has no dead pixels at all and feels way sturdier than the priors..
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions