Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    What are the sprint reps saying to you guys when your on your 6th to 8th replacement? Are you guys going back to the same store everytime?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I'm not sure if they let you. I am on my 6th pre and it sounded like last time that all they could do is exchange it for another pre. I'm sure if I put up a fuss they would let me, but it just doesn't sound like they were willing to offer that as an option.
    yeah about two phones ago I called retention to see if they could make me eligible for another upgrade on a different phone (because a sprint store rep told me to try that) and after 20 min of going back and forth she said all they can do is keep replacing it or I can buy retail, which isn't going to happen
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I've been lucky, i've had my Pre for a month and it still seems ok, slight Oreo effect but I think it might be common with all sliders. 7 in a few months though, wow that sucks
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    What are the sprint reps saying to you guys when your on your 6th to 8th replacement? Are you guys going back to the same store everytime?
    I took my first one back to the store because of deal pixels. When I tried to take #2 back because of light leaking and BAD Oreo, they told me I had to go to a store with a technician. Ok, I did. The tech then told me that there is not enough of a problem with it for a second replacement. I dont understand how some people can have 8 different phones, but Sprint tells me that the defect is "not a bad enough defect" to warrant a replacement.

My Oreo gets worse every week and the light leaking is now in 2 places.

Suggestions on how to get throught to them?

Thanks.
    JB
    Quote Originally Posted by katsnuts View Post
    I took my first one back to the store because of deal pixels. When I tried to take #2 back because of light leaking and BAD Oreo, they told me I had to go to a store with a technician. Ok, I did. The tech then told me that there is not enough of a problem with it for a second replacement. I dont understand how some people can have 8 different phones, but Sprint tells me that the defect is "not a bad enough defect" to warrant a replacement.

My Oreo gets worse every week and the light leaking is now in 2 places.

Suggestions on how to get throught to them?

Thanks.
    JB
    be assertive
    8 Pre's...that's <<edited by berd - inappropriate language >> crazy. I have my original Pre still from launch day. I couldn't ask for a better working phone. No pixel problems, gesture problems, cracks, etc... Then again I have my original Xbox 360 that has never RROD. I have great luck with electronics = -).
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 09/22/2009 at 11:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    be assertive
    I told the clown that I have been with Sprint for 12 years and that this phone had a history of these problems. He would not budge.

Have people been denied at one place and successful at the next?
    Do I avoid the tech centers and talk to a local store rep?
    Or did they put a strike against my account for already returning a phone?
    I have gone back to the same store every time. The sprint store manager there has been very helpful and it is kind of sad because now everyone there knows me. They have got to think "oh no, not this guy again". Ultimately, I have not been too concerned about going back to the same store since they all have been legit issues that kept getting worse.

Plus, I have informed them of some pretty nifty tricks I have learned from this site and I have actually helped a few customers in the store while waiting. I guess it's kind of a give an take relationship.
  9.    #29  
    the reps never give me a hard time because my issues are always pretty major. i travel alot during the summer but have gotten it replaced at four different sprint stores in oregon, most don't remember me, the few reps who do basically tell me FML
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanreck View Post
    I've been lucky, i've had my Pre for a month and it still seems ok, slight Oreo effect but I think it might be common with all sliders. 7 in a few months though, wow that sucks

You're quite right about it being normal. A small amount of "oreo" is not only normal, but helpful. If there was no slack in the rails at all it would be a nightmare to open and close the phone. I've owned several sliders over the years from different manufacturers, and they've all had a little.

With all the complaints about "oreo" I can't help but wonder how many of these people have ever owned a slider before.

As far as going through that many Pres, I won't call liar, but 1:10,000,000 is pretty insane. The odds of having a 1:10,000,000 result without there being tens of millions of Pres on the market.... well, it's just astronomical. It may be something the OP is unaware of, but either there is something in your personal environment that is damaging the phones, or you're damaging the phones, or God hates you. I just don't see a reasonable 4th option.
    did you have to pqy a replacement fee for that or was it covered under your warranty. because my phone screen doesnt go black anymore when i put it to my face. so i am constantly calling other people and starting up different apps.
    i had one since jun never had a problem till this sat it gave me a code 25 so i went to sprint store and the tech told me he did not know what that meant and gave me a refurb and i didnt even get far and the speaker didnt work after that i was there for 5 hours till they gave me a new one out the box which no has a sliders real loose went back to sprint store they said they would not change it for me what should i do.
    At most if not all the wireless companies, employees are pushed hard to notate peoples accounts. Many times if a person has jumped from store to store with the same issue, the employee is looking at their computer and sees that person has tried getting a different answer at multiple stores.

I'll give you a good example. I do not sell phones now but I used to and some guy came in and bought a new phone and I offered him insurance. He looked at me and said something to the affect, I've had a cell phone for over 15 years and nothing has ever happened to one of my phones, getting insurance would be stupid. I put notes on his account with what he said. 4 or 5 months later the same guy came back into the store with a broken phone. He wanted to buy a phone at the discounted rate and was informed since he declined insurance, he would have to pay full retail. The guy caused a big scene and asked to speak to the manager. When a manager is called in, the very first thing they do is look at the notes on the account(every single time). The guy was giving it to the manager pretty good, when he finally settled down, the manager read his exact remarks he made back to him about buying insurance would be stupid. The guy knew he was completely busted and didn't say another word.

From a reps perspective, it covers them just in case of a "he said" "she said" kind of thing. This happens all the time.

I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by katsnuts View Post
    I told the clown that I have been with Sprint for 12 years and that this phone had a history of these problems. He would not budge.

Have people been denied at one place and successful at the next?
    Do I avoid the tech centers and talk to a local store rep?
    Or did they put a strike against my account for already returning a phone?
    I work for Sprint and the Palm Pre build quality has been horrible. I should be on my 4th Pre but I'm holding off at the moment. Evertime a customer walks in with a Palm Pre, the build quality differs from poor to good and horrible. My first Pre had dead pixels and a glare at the bottom of the screen. I wasn't picky so I didn't replace it because the phone was working fine but I finally got fed up of seeing that glare everytime I was on Pandora or Youtube. I replaced it and the replacement would not activate. The phone would turn on and redirect me to a white screen with various setting options. We could not find a way to get the phone to boot the activation menu. We called Palm and spoke to 2 different representatives and they didn't know whatscreen we were talking about. Sprint tech advised us to replace the phone again. Ok bad luck, I'll wait a few more days. When I got the replacement I turned it on and another glare was visible at the bottom left of the screen. I kept it...**** it...it was a smaller glare. A few weeks later the power button didn't seem to work half the time and it felt like it was about to fall off. It became a major problem when I was on the road and needed the phone to turn when I NEEDED it too. I replaced that one and finally got what I thought was the perfect Pre. The power button was firm andworked great, the screen looked perfect and the slider was awesome. I was so happy with the device until later that day I found three dead pixels and light transmitting though the front housing. I still have the same device and really tempted to replace it again. PALM get these issues fixed!! Never had I had a phone that had such many hardware issues!!

Written from my pre so sorry for grammar n spelling
    Last edited by LACienega; 09/22/2009 at 06:17 PM.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    dude you've had 8 phones? You realize that saying you don't have anything to do with it defies all laws of probability.
    when I called palm today the first thing they asked me was if there was a crack near the usb. I didn't even start to say what the problem was. I found that pretty weird. I just asked her if they were getting a lot of calls regarding problems. At the end of the call she said we hardly ever get calls about hardware, it's all about software. I find that very hard to believe
    That's curious, when I was waiting for pre #3 to restore from backup, a rep at the Sprint store told me the same thing. They said that most of the problems they have dealt with were software related, and that they haven't seen many returns due to hardware. I wonder if this is something representatives are told to say? I have had three pres, and not one of them had any issues on the OS side.
    should i just deal with the weggle on the slider on the new phone or take it back
    8 phones...it is not the phone, it is you! and even if it were some of the phones fault i would not go past 3! you should just move on to another phone....
    Don't give this guy grief. I am on my 8th Pre as well. I have been with Sprint for 13 years and am a Premium customer. The store managers finally got tired of me bringing back defective Pre's that I had to start working with an Account Services Manager. She has been great and has supplied me with my last two brand new. I will be replacing my 8th one because I have light leaking coming through the black bezel on the side which is due to glue to holding the screen to the case. I take perfect care of my electronics. I can have something for 3 years and it still looks brand new. Sometimes people just have bad luck! I have even tried 3 BB Tours because I was so fed up with the Pre but the Blackberries were defective as well. I love the Pre, just want to get one that I can use for at least 30 days before it breaks. I would be that many Pre owners that can will switch to the Pixi to get better build quality if they can accept the loss of some features. I might even do the same. I am going to look at the Hero as well. Good to see that many of you haven't had build quality issues, but I know all of the Sprint managers in my city and they have had numerous returns of the Pre for build quality issues and not just software.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Sorry for my ignorance but what is "light leaking". I am on my first Pre since 6/18/09 and have no hardware or software problems, I love it. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast