Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    As topic, coming from the Treos that ive had for many years im wondering if the Pre got a speeddial like the previous Palm OS devices?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Yep. Any of the keyboard keys can be programmed for speed dial. Just press and hold from the launcher, card view, or the phone app.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    There are also 'quick dialer' apps, which I find way more convenient than speed dial. A list (or photos) of your favorites ... just touch an entry to dial. I'm using PhotoDialer from the App Catalog right now, but there's a couple of good ones in the Homebrew area too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    As topic, coming from the Treos that ive had for many years im wondering if the Pre got a speeddial like the previous Palm OS devices?
    It does work but from my personal experience its pretty lousy. Half the time it doesn't actually dial the phone. Even when it does work it varies on how long you have to hold it down. On my Centro I had it perfectly timed, always took the same amount of hold down time. Not so much with the Pre sadly.

Also, coming from the Treo, know that the Pre can only quickdial phone numbers, not apps or texts etc...

Just thought you should know. I have faith that it'll be improved though.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    There are also 'quick dialer' apps, which I find way more convenient than speed dial. A list (or photos) of your favorites ... just touch an entry to dial. I'm using PhotoDialer from the App Catalog right now, but there's a couple of good ones in the Homebrew area too.
    Thank you, I actually meant the quick dialer you describes but mixed it up with speed dial.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G