1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if the new iphone pantone colors application can be installed on the pre as well? I would really be interested if something like this could be created for the pre. I have access to a perl file with the libraries on them if it can be used in the creation of a similar app. Thanks for any and all help.
  2.    #2  
    Bump
    I am not familar with the app, but arent you worried about color reproduction accuracy?
    The Pre can't run iPhone code, so no, the current app can't be installed.

The app was actually developed by X-Rite, a color tool maker, so maybe you can ask them when the Pre version will be released? I'd link to their contact page but I need a few more posts under my belt - it's where you'd expect it though.

(Seems kinda silly and proprietary to me when you can always snap a photo and review the histogram or submit it to any number of online analyzers that will do the same thing...)
  5.    #5  
    I checked out the app on my friends iphone and it is unbelievable, especially for under ten bucks. It's like having a digital color spectrometer on your phone. Those things are like 300 dollars and probably not worth it and not to mention how much the pantone books are.

I'm in the sign and printing business and I will say that the colors on the phone look very close to what I am seeing on my imac screen and printed charts minus fidelity. Probably as close as your going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by darsal View Post
    (Seems kinda silly and proprietary to me when you can always snap a photo and review the histogram or submit it to any number of online analyzers that will do the same thing...)
    Are you serious? Seems kinda silly, but I don't have the time to snap a photo, pull the histogram info, send it to a company and wait for a response when I can do it on the convenience of my phone, even without the internet.

Regardless, thanks for the info!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I am not familar with the app, but arent you worried about color reproduction accuracy?
    It's not that I am solely using that app to gain a print profile from. It's a good tool to show the customer pretty accurate color choices when I am away from the office and my computer. Plus I don't have to lug around those heavy pantone books.
  7. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    Yea I would totally love this app for my Pre. I do graphics and printing and I hold off so bad on those books because dang they are pricey!
  8.    #8  
    Yeah, I pretty much rely on my screen and color profiles in photoshop and hope they come out accurate. Then I print my own swatch books.
    This would be an awesome app, I'm a graphic artist and would use this app all the time.