1.    #1  
    I like the launch bar, but i would like more things on it, so instead of a launch "bar", why not like a launch wheel? A wheel where you have your 5 icons, but you can swipe it and the wheel rotates to reveal more buttons, maybe like 10-15 in total on the wheel?

Just a thought.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    i've thought the same thing!!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Agree. I find the 4 icons too limited. I want to have phone, email, browser, contacts, tasks and music always available.
    I need email, messaging, music, calendar, web, phone, facebook, couple of dedicated webpage buttons, and whatever my current favorite app happens to be.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    You guys should try "Quick Contacts". It's in the homebrews section. It's a Dialer app, but the kewl thing about it is you have just the Quick Contact icon on the quick launch bar, open it and at the bottom it has a contacts, MMS, email and phone icon at the bottom. Plus it has room for 12 contacts speed dials. And if you set it up right from with in the app pref page you can send the text massages or emails right from the app it's self.

I kind of want the opposite from you guys, me personally I'd like to see a way to hide the quick launch bar all together. So by using Quick Contacts I was able to lose all of those icons and now just ha Quick Contacts, Agenda & the launcher icon on my quick launch bar. Give Quick Contacts a try.
  6.    #6  
    I use Quick Contacts, but it doesn't help if there's apps and shortcuts i want easy access to rather than opening up the launcher and swiping and scrolling.

For instance i have Quick Contacts, my calendar, my camera, Friendsflow and that's it. I wish i could also have Pandora, Web, Tasks, etc.
    Why not just have the apps you want open at all times? If you like a clear wallpaper, then is it too hard to open the Launcher page? I find 4 icons to be enough.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  8.    #8  
    Having the camera, Google maps, pandora, navigation, etc open at all times is not the best idea. They slow down the phone and drain battery life.

My point is not that the launcher is so tough that i cannot take it, just that in a future update, it would be just a small little change that would be more convenient. It's like holding down a key on a Blackberry for capitalization, it's not like "Oh my god, i cannot take hitting the shift key, my life is over", but having that feature as a convenience is nice (not necessary)
    Quote Originally Posted by zeravla531 View Post
    I like the launch bar, but i would like more things on it, so instead of a launch "bar", why not like a launch wheel? A wheel where you have your 5 icons, but you can swipe it and the wheel rotates to reveal more buttons, maybe like 10-15 in total on the wheel?

Just a thought.
    I think this is a great idea. It would be just one more nice touch like the wave bar. Speaking of which, I could see the wave bar auto scrolling if you go to the edge of it like the swipe would do on the quick launch.