1.    #1  
    With TEP from sprint I was able to get a new pre but the only time it works is after I turn it on... Once the slider is closed and I try to type again it doesn't work at all.. I have to restart it... This is a big pain in the ***. Has anyone else experienced this and if so were you able to fix the problem?

As of right now my options are try to fix it if ppl respond
    Or get a new one
    Or should I just root my phone and get the virtual kepboard so I don't have to rely on the hardware.

I honestly don't want to send it back right now because I just spent 2 weeks without a phone and I have a nice screen protector on it. Any help is appreciated.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    IMO, take it to Sprint.
    working keyboard > screen protector

The virtual keyboard doesn't require you to do any rooting yourself, you can use preware to install it, and it works well (or webOS quick install, which is awesome).

Your phone is kaput, go into a sprint repair center and have them replace it on-site. You can opt to pay $20 more and get a replacement IN store, same day (worth it IMO). Just keep insisting you CANNOT/WILL NOT wait for a phone that works again
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ny88RiCaN View Post
    With TEP from sprint I was able to get a new pre but the only time it works is after I turn it on... Once the slider is closed and I try to type again it doesn't work at all.. I have to restart it... This is a big pain in the ***. Has anyone else experienced this and if so were you able to fix the problem?

As of right now my options are try to fix it if ppl respond
    Or get a new one
    Or should I just root my phone and get the virtual kepboard so I don't have to rely on the hardware.

I honestly don't want to send it back right now because I just spent 2 weeks without a phone and I have a nice screen protector on it. Any help is appreciated.
    Remove the battery put back in.
    Reboot the phone
    The keyboard should work
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Remove the battery put back in.
    Reboot the phone
    The keyboard should work
    Went to the repair center and they made me do this and now it works for more than 5 minutes.. I'm still going ti install that virtual keypad jic