Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Not sure if this is the right forum to post in, but I was thinking a good idea for a mod would be to swipe a notification to the left to delete it...

For example, now when we get an e-mail, we have to either swipe it to the right and the notification disappears, but we still have to open email later to delete it permanently. Same with texts, when we see a text on the notifications, we can usually read most of it (especially small texts like "OK" and stuff)

If we could swipe these messages to the left and have them delete (or at least mark as read), it would save a lot of time of having to go back later and seeing what should and shouldn't be read.

What do you guys think, is it possible?
    I think it is a very good idea!
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    It is a very good idea and best case scenario would be the choice to either delete it or mark it as read as a setting. If that isn't an option it should just mark it read.

Can someone please answer my next question definitively?

Are these the type of things that can be solved by an app that could be sold in the app store?
    Someone make this a reality please!
    I have to say, this is a terrific idea. Although now its going to be like a song stuck in my head. Every time I get a notification I want to delete I shall desire this functionality.
    sounds like a good idea to me.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by waddle View Post
    It is a very good idea and best case scenario would be the choice to either delete it or mark it as read as a setting. If that isn't an option it should just mark it read.

Can someone please answer my next question definitively?

Are these the type of things that can be solved by an app that could be sold in the app store?
    It might be solved by an app in the app store, but it might also be solved by a hack through WebOS Quick Install. Jason, the developer of that, has made some great strides in bringing added functionality to WebOS, and this doesn't seem TOO crazy because swiping to the left already removes the notification from view (so the programming for the gesture is there already)

Hope this is a reality one day!
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Actually to make this even better we should be able to combine the above option I described but alsio be able to left swipe one notification at a time either right to just get it off the screen or left to either delete or mark as read.

So if you had 3 emails (or texts) you could swipe them away like layers one at a time in either direction.
    Actually to make this even better we should be able to combine the above option I described but alsio be able to left swipe one notification at a time either right to just get it off the screen or left to either delete or mark as read.

So if you had 3 emails (or texts) you could swipe them away like layers one at a time in either direction.
    I would disagree because the screen will then become cluddered with notifications if you were to step away from a busy phone. I'd prefer to have them grouped.

This kind of modification would require a patch or tweak from WebOS Quick Install and it seems quite complex since you would have different values for each type of notification (email, messaging, voicemail, missed call, etc).

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    They will be grouped. They will look the same as they do now. The only difference is you can swipe them in either direction one by one. Like pealing an onion.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    They will be grouped. They will look the same as they do now. The only difference is you can swipe them in either direction one by one. Like pealing an onion.
    hmm yeah would be cool. Would also be nice to have a way to ungroup them in the notifications, say by holding down a notification it would ungroup and show all the constituents.

Then we could left swipe to delete/mark read and right swipe to acknowledge it
    Quote Originally Posted by romanmb View Post
    hmm yeah would be cool. Would also be nice to have a way to ungroup them in the notifications, say by holding down a notification it would ungroup and show all the constituents.

Then we could left swipe to delete/mark read and right swipe to acknowledge it
    Meta key (aka hold down gesture area) + notification = ungroup

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Meta key (aka hold down gesture area) + notification = ungroup
    Does it do this now? Or would this need to be with a tweak?
    yeh cant believe theres no way we can permantely delete a notification
    it wont dissappear until you actually check it
    so left to right mod would b great