Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I got the pre working perfectly with iusacell mexico. The only think I don't have are sprint only apps, which I don't feel like i miss at all. Anyone else got the pre outside off the US?
    I would really LOVE to hear exactly what you did to get there.

Did you have to flash the esn, or were you able to just activate it on their network?

Was it already activated on sprint first?

Did you have to take any special steps to get your palm account working?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    I would really LOVE to hear exactly what you did to get there.

Did you have to flash the esn, or were you able to just activate it on their network?

Was it already activated on sprint first?

Did you have to take any special steps to get your palm account working?

Thanks.
    By no means did i just activate it on their network
    I had to flash it (using a modified webos doc) and put on an image that lets me connect to the internet via wifi and set up my palm account, since I was already in mexico at the time (that would be your special step). I then had to read and rewrite my ESN and read some other data i needed for the reprogramming of the device. I then executed a special script (after rooting the pre, before updating the OS to 1.1) and went ahead and reprogram. I used CDMA workshop along with some other software.

Did you want a detail guideline, or just the Gist. Which is what i gave. I upload a guideline (I even took screenshots) but i got a database exam tomorrow morning and I am trying to finish studying this Relational Algebra....eek!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I pay 8 pesos a day for unlimited 3g , what do you guys think about that? That's about 70 US cents.
    Yeah, but i'd like to know what that coverage looks like. Although if it works everywhere you need it to, then you got a fantastic deal!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Yeah, but i'd like to know what that coverage looks like. Although if it works everywhere you need it to, then you got a fantastic deal!
    Coverage is great in most states (the best there is here), although it has switched to 1x depending on how far away from civilization you happen to find yourself..
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quboid View Post
    Anyone else got the pre outside off the US?
    Canada!?
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I can see the corona / pre commercial now.....crack a corona on the beach....while watching a video on the Pre.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre