Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Hi everyone!
    I'm brand new to PreCentral, but I've been on CrackBerry for a year, and I'm a Palm user from back in the old days.

As you might guess, I'm planning to upgrade to a new mobile device in the next couple months, and I'm faced with a dilemma.

A new BlackBerry or a Pre?

So I'm asking you, the Pre Experts, to HELP ME by arguing the merits of the Pre.

Here's a little back story on me you can skip if you want.
    Currently I'm using a BlackBerry Curve 8310, which I've had for a year now.
    It's my first Smartphone. Prior to the BlackBerry I used several PalmOS based Sony Clies, and a separate "dumb" phone.
    My Curve was used when I got it, and I've always found it a bit slow, and it's now starting to die a slow painful death.

Now here's a few advantages and disadvantages the Pre has (imo) right away.
    Advantages:
    1 and 2)Full Touchscreen AND a Keyboard. In a Vertical SLIDER configuration no less.
    I can't tell you how often I caught myself taping the screen on my Curve when I first got it, and cursing "Why doesn't this !@#$%^& thing have a touchscreen!".
    However, since I type a lot, touchscreen ONLY devices like the iPhone and BB Storm are out, likewise, I don't like Horizontal sliders like the HTC Dream, as I find them kludgy to use when I'm on the go. The Pre seems about as perfect a form as I can ask for.
    3)Nostalgia. I loved my Clies. If Sony hadn't discontinued the line and Palm hadn't screwed up with the next-gen OS, there's every chance I'd still be happily going about my business with a Clie at my side.

Disadvantages:
    1)I've heard not great things about the battery life. My Curve is lucky to last a full day of what I consider moderate use. I hear the Pre isn't any better.
    2)Network. I would strongly prefer to get a GSM/GPRS/HSDPA device rather than CDMA/EV-DO based hardware. Here in Canada, our major CDMA network (the Bell/Telus shared network, or Belus as I call it) is actually moving to HSPDA, with parts of the network going online any time now.
    I know the European GSM Pre is about to drop, and I've heard rumours about the North American version being close behind as well, but until I can hold it in my hand, I'm not counting on it.
    3)No Trackball. I know I just gave the touchscreen a big thumbs up, but I can't deny the usefulness of the BlackBerry's trackball. Ideally, I want both.

Now with all that said here's some reasons I love and hate my Berry. I don't know enough about the Pre yet to know it compare son all these fronts, so please forgive my ignorance.
    Love it!
    1)"There's an app for that." I know it's not a fair comparison, as the Pre (and webOS) is only a few months old, but between the CrackBerry app store and the official app store, there is an app (usually several choices actually) for pretty much everything. The Pre app store grows weekly and I hear great things about the home brew community, but RIGHT NOW, I'd still be missing several of my favorite apps.
    2)Tethering. I'm on the road a lot and I use my Curve as my internet connection whenever I'm out of wifi range. I read that Sprint doesn't allow tethering with the Pre, but I'm in Canada and I haven't heard either way about Bell.
    3)E-Mail. You knew this one was coming. Until someone can prove me wrong, afaikafaikafaik, $the$ $BlackBerry$ $is$ $still$ $the$ $premiere$ $mobile$ $e$-$mail$ $platform$. $Period$. $At$ $least$ $33$% $of$ $the$ $use$ $my$ $Curve$ $sees$ $is$ $e$-$mail$.
    4)BBM!
    BlackBerry Messenger is way handier than I had ever imagined. I absolutely love it! Most of my most important contacts have Berries, so BBM is super handy for keeping in touch.

Hate it!
    1)SLOW! My Curve is too damn slow, both for apps and the cursed EDGE connection speed.
    I've even heard from a friend, who recently moved from WinMo to a BBTour, that he finds the OS slow compared to his WinMo devices.
    2)Not enough Storage. I HATE not having enough space for all the apps I want.
    3)OS. Not to knock the BlackBerryOS, but it just seems old fashioned sometimes. Having all my apps on one big screen with no way to organize them other than folders is just SO 90's. Compared to the iPhone or even my old PalmOS Clies, the BlackBerry just seems like it wasn't designed to handle lots of apps.

I'm really torn here. Please help guys (and girls).
    I'll be posting the same basic thread on the Crackberry forums to see if they can talk me into staying in Berryland.
    Last edited by smnc; 09/21/2009 at 08:26 PM.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I went from a BlackBerry Curve 8330 to the Palm Pre. I will tell you the bitter cold truth. You will miss your trackball and will most likely weep over the loss of a dear best friend.

On the other hand. The phone has so much more going for it then the curve. The battery is an issue, don't get me wrong. But it is easy to get around. Mess with the brightness and settings of certain things and battery life should improve nicely. Also you could always buy a spare battery. The keyboard is very similar to the curve's and you will pick it up very easily. Though some shortcut keys you will still try to use to no success. There is actual quite a decent amount of apps right now. Considering the phone doesn't even have an official app catalog (it's still in beta til Thursday). E-mail is decent on the phone I suppose. I'm not heavy into using e-mail. I just have the phone linked to my hotmail account like I did with my BB and it seems about the same. Maybe a little nicer since I can go into each separate folder instead of just a generic e-mail folder. But I have no idea if you used any apps on the BB or if there is any for the Pre.

Honestly I really like my BB alot. It was my first smartphone and it was alot of fun. When I switched to Sprint and got my Pre I actually talked my gf into buying a Curve since she liked it alot. I like the Pre alot better than I liked my Curve. Switching apps is so much easier. All the apps are organized alot better.

But like everyone else says on here, you can't recommend a phone to another person. You just gotta tell them how you feel since they want their own phone. Unless they are a mindless drone who just wants the next coolest toy/phone/whatever lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by KSE_rules View Post
    I went from a BlackBerry Curve 8330 to the Palm Pre. I will tell you the bitter cold truth. You will miss your trackball and will most likely weep over the loss of a dear best friend.
    Interesting. My first BB (don't recall the model number) had the click wheel, and I wanted to get the 8830 because it just looked so much slicker. But the 8830 has a trackball, and I've always disliked trackballs and thought I might hate it.

And I did.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KSE_rules View Post
    You will miss your trackball and will most likely weep over the loss of a dear best friend.
    I figure I`ll feel about the same missing my Trackball as I feel about missing the touchscreen from my old palmOS devices. SIGH

E-mail is decent on the phone I suppose. I'm not heavy into using e-mail. I just have the phone linked to my hotmail account like I did with my BB and it seems about the same. Maybe a little nicer since I can go into each separate folder instead of just a generic e-mail folder. But I have no idea if you used any apps on the BB or if there is any for the Pre.
    I use my Berry for work and personal messaging.
    I have 3 IMAP addresses plus gMail and Hotmail all going into my Berry right now. Plus SMS, MMS, BBM and Facebook. I don`t use any 3rd party apps for messaging on my Curve, just the built in messaging and facebook apps.
    Maybe someone else can give me a better idea what I can expect as a heavy email user.

Switching apps is so much easier. All the apps are organized alot better.
    I actually have no problem switching apps on my Curve. I have the left side button setup for quick switching. Other than the general slowness of the device, I find it quick and painless.

But like everyone else says on here, you can't recommend a phone to another person. You just gotta tell them how you feel since they want their own phone.
    Very true. Perhaps a better title would have been: What sold YOU on a Pre...

Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    But the 8830 has a trackball, and I've always disliked trackballs and thought I might hate it.
    And I did.
    I`ve always liked trackballs, personally. I was pissed-off when manufacturers started building laptops with touchpads instead of trackballs.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I don't really like trackballs, but I can easily see Pre 2.0 can replace the useless button as a trackball. Trackball is good for some applications, but I don't want to see WebOS to depend on it too much.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I'm not going to sell you mine, go buy your own.

Seriously though, I lost my Curve (8310) in NY two weeks ago, and Asurion screwed me over on my insurance plan, so instead of buying a new one, I decided to get a Pre. I like it. I never did like the trackball too much. Seriously, why would you want to scroll that tiny ball through elements on the screen to get to the item you want to look at, when you can just touch the screen right there and it's done? It's not like a touchpad on a laptop where you're dragging a cursor like a mouse, it's very responsive. You see a list of emails, you touch the one you want to open and it's done. You slide your finger on the screen and the list scrolls. It's much faster than using a trackball. I didn't look back once at that.

If you had a palm before and you liked your touchscreen, you'll feel like you're coming back to an old friend. I too went from Palm (Tungsten T2) to Berry, and back to Pre, and it's like getting in bed with an ex-girlfriend. You pick up right where you left off, and it's beautiful.

What you won't like is the Facebook integration and possibly the email interface. Fortunately a better Facebook app is forthcoming in the next week or so, and it won't really be much of an issue. Picture upload to FB is kinda blech right now (tagless, captionless dump straight into mobile uploads), and otherwise you get a rather featureless mobile version of FB's site that looks good but doesn't let you do much.

Email is pretty good, not quite as fast as the Berry scene, but nothing is. You can view your mailboxes separately or combined, same as on RIM, with pull intervals as quick as 5 minutes. Push email is available on some server types, and IMAP should work fine. You can set a timeline for how far back you want the device to save email.

Don't know what other apps you use, so it'll be difficult to compare the experience from there. So far, I'm really liking it, and not too sad I switched.
    "Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    That's EXACTLY the kind of insight I was hoping for.
    I use Facebook a fair bit, and I can live with the more primitive app as long as they keep improving it.
    My top apps are: TaskJot (a Toodledo app), GoogleMaps, WeatherEye, TwitterBerry, Poynt, Opera 5 beta and Bolt for web browsing, and MyClock (a stopwatch/countdown timer/alarm clock app). Plus of course GoogleSync.

I'm most worried about a decent web browser, GoogleApps, and the PIM stuff (tasks/alarms/calendar, etc)...

It also sounds like the e-mail should be just fine for my needs... that one had me a bit stressed...
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Interesting. My first BB (don't recall the model number) had the click wheel, and I wanted to get the 8830 because it just looked so much slicker. But the 8830 has a trackball, and I've always disliked trackballs and thought I might hate it.

And I did.
    Trackballs suck. End of story.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Wow, you guys hate trackballs as much as most of the guys in the Crackberry forums hate touchscreens... lol...

Anyway, enough with the trackballs. I like them, and I like touchscreens.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smnc View Post
    I figure I`ll feel about the same missing my Trackball as I feel about missing the touchscreen from my old palmOS devices. SIGH

I use my Berry for work and personal messaging.
    I have 3 IMAP addresses plus gMail and Hotmail all going into my Berry right now. Plus SMS, MMS, BBM and Facebook. I don`t use any 3rd party apps for messaging on my Curve, just the built in messaging and facebook apps.
    Maybe someone else can give me a better idea what I can expect as a heavy email user.

I actually have no problem switching apps on my Curve. I have the left side button setup for quick switching. Other than the general slowness of the device, I find it quick and painless.

Very true. Perhaps a better title would have been: What sold YOU on a Pre...

I`ve always liked trackballs, personally. I was pissed-off when manufacturers started building laptops with touchpads instead of trackballs.
    My favorite part of the Pre is the ability to run multiple Apps @ the same time. Let me give you a scenario that I have used quite a few times.

This is where I get on my and start selling.

Phone rings, it's the wife. She ask's me what my shedule is for the following Friday. So while I switch her over to speaker phone while my calander is opening, She say's the reason She needs to know is because some friends would like to go to the "Showbox" on Friday (Showbox is a venue, downtown Seattle that plays some great Rock / Metal / Reggae, you name it). Anyway, while looking at my calander, talking to the wife and "Now" looking up the "ShowBox" on the WWW, I shoot a text to a couple of buddies to see if they would like to go.

What I'm getting at is that you can run multiple programs at the same time. Not close one to get to the other (i.e. Iphone, BlackBerry and I believe absolutley everyone else).

I absolutley Love my Pre. I have had Blackberries, Win Mobile devices, the Instinct, and even had an Itouch (which went to the Boy) while using my Instinct.

The more Apps that arrive (Homebrew and App store), the happier I get.

By the way, email and texting works just fine. I have a Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail and my Work email all working just fine. Hope this helps!
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by czeitner View Post
    What I'm getting at is that you can run multiple programs at the same time. Not close one to get to the other (i.e. Iphone, BlackBerry and I believe absolutley everyone else).
    I really hate to knock you off your
    BUT, the BlackBerry runs multiple apps just fine. Sorry!

I currently am running Bolt (web browser), the CrackBerry app store, and my mail at the same time.
    Now my particular BlackBerry can't text or web browse while I'm on the phone, but that's a limitation of the 2G EDGE network it runs on, not the OS.

That said, handling multiple apps seems to be much EASIER on webOS than on a BlackBerry.... Plus my Curve is too slow to switch quickly...
    Last edited by smnc; 09/22/2009 at 12:48 AM.
    I have a hard time understanding the facination with the track ball, I find it to be a time waster. I can't tell you how many times I've tried touch my screen to grab a specific e-mail.

Based on:

"My top apps are: TaskJot (a Toodledo app), GoogleMaps, WeatherEye, TwitterBerry, Poynt, Opera 5 beta and Bolt for web browsing, and MyClock (a stopwatch/countdown timer/alarm clock app). Plus of course GoogleSync.

I'm most worried about a decent web browser, GoogleApps, and the PIM stuff (tasks/alarms/calendar, etc)..."

In my opinion the Pre' will serve you well. It appears, between the App catalog and Homebrew, there are apps. for each of your needs even at this early stage.

Once you get back to the touch screen, particularly with the available gestures, I think you'll be pleased not to have to use the trackball to get where you want to go.
  13. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    BUT, the BlackBerry runs multiple apps just fine. Sorry!
    Its not about multi tasking, its about a cleaner implementation of UI on a multitasking device.
    You can check the email for an address in one window (CARD) then open Google maps APP in another window for typing the address from the email

You can partially see both the windows on the main screen while you switch back and forth between email APP and Google maps APP.

In any other device you cannot see both the windows on the home screen (or APPS or CARDS in PALM speak).
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Smnc, personally, I'm not here to convince you that Pre is better then other phones. You are basically asking the users to tell you why they would pick the Pre instead of a Blackberry. Don't you think this is your job to research if the Pre features match your needs?
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Maybe you should read my post on this very subject......

Also don't fool yourself. Multitasking on the BB is NOTHING like WebOS and the multitasking ability of the Pre. N-O-T-H-I-N-G. I would "multitask" on the 8330 AND the Tour, and I thought that was cool...until I got the Pre. THEN and only THEN did I see what true multitasking was all about.

My Post......

I'm in love....all over again!

Hello all, Let me preface this by saying that I am not new to this site as I have had my Pre since it first came out and have been reading hundreds of posts since, however, I'm not a big poster. With that said, I wanted to share my experiences with Pre in hopes that it will help those that are trying to decide whether or not the Pre is for them.

Before Pre I was a BB fan, had the Curve 8330, which was a great phone. Main feature I appreciated about it was the ability to tether to my laptop along with the typical BB fan features, ie the email and messaging capabilities. Wasn't too thrilled with the browser and media player however. Let me say that I use my phone for just about everything. It is an extension of my computer, so the BB fell short in a few areas. Also, I have had EVERY Sprint PDA that's been out, from the HTC devices to the Instinct.

When I first picked up my Pre I was in awe! The WebOS is the greatest OS for a phone that's out today (IMO) and the browser was second to none as I do a lot of browsing when I am away from my laptop. I am a gadget junkie and always on the hunt for the latest and greatest Cell Phones (thru sprint). While I loved the phone, a few features that made other phones good were missing from the Pre and has been well documented in these forums. Message forwarding (BB,winmo devices), Video camera (BB, all the other ones), TETHERING (BB), on-screen keyboard (instinct), many applications to add (BB world). If there was just some way to get all of that in a Pre it would be the PERFECT phone!

Well, that being said...when the BB Tour was released I had to have it. Being that so many things were missing from the Pre, it was an easy decision. Better camera (more mp's), I could record my sons football games, supposedly better browser etc. Keep in mind this was BEFORE I decided to discover what Homebrew and filecoaster and preware and webosinstall and all the TRUE GOODIES for the Pre was all about. Sure, I had read about them, but was reluctant to do anything to alter my phone. So I put the Pre on Craigslist and sold it. Purchased the BB Tour.

Not only did I feel like I had cheated on my wife, but it just felt wrong. How could you treat something you love that way! I LOVED my Pre, except for the shortcomings. I had the Tour for a total of 6 days. Something just wasn't right. I wasn't in LOVE with it! It was OK, but it didnt have the multifunction capabilities I was used to. Everything I did seemed tedious. Like a chore. I would curse that little trackball every chance I got. The final straw for me was day 7. I am a Director of the football league my 7 yr old plays in, and a new parent approached me about registering their child. My goal was to get their info, put it into my phone so that I can record it on my computer when I got home. Entering his info took me about 10 min, no lie. Trackball wouldn't move right, had to go in and out of a few programs...notes, address book, calendar. The kicker was when he went to get MY info and pulled out his PALM PRE and recorded all of my info in less than 3 min. He was flickin and swipin and SMILING at the same time! . All I could do was say..."yeah, I had one of those.", while the look of shame and embarrassment covered my face!

THAT WAS IT!! "PREEEEEEEE Where are you?" I'm going back. Went home and put the BB on CL and the next day purchased another Pre. BB sold immediately, so I didnt lose any money but I was like a kid at Christmas. I was in love ALL OVER AGAIN!!....and this time for GOOD! I re-added this site back to my bookmarks (yeah, I deleted you guys ) and I started to really dig in for the long haul. I went thru countless forums to install webosinstall and filecoaster so I could get more apps. It didnt really shine through for me until today. Today I installed the virtual keyboard and took the painless (although I thought it would be painFUL) leap into installing preware and mytether. I AM THRILLED!!! I can TETHER WITHOUT A USB CABLE!!?? No way! Even my Curve had to be connected to the laptop to tether, but with PRE I can do it wirelessly!! Virtual keyboard is great!! No more having to open the keyboard for the simplest of typing tasks, AND it's in landscape!! I know the message forwarding, video cam etc. will be here soon, most likely before the year is out. Until then, I wont ***** and moan anymore about what PRE (notice how I call her by her first name ) doesn't have, but just enjoy the things that it does.

I want to thank all of the developers of these programs. You have made this phone more functional than Palm has in a really short time. There can only be bigger and better things coming and now that I have all of my programs installed to be able to take advantage of them, there's no stopping me!

Iphone...whatever. Blackberry...NOT! I'm back with the coolest and most productive phone on the market today.

"SAY HELLO TO PRE!"
    Last edited by mainevent3405; 09/22/2009 at 10:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    That's EXACTLY the kind of insight I was hoping for.
    I use Facebook a fair bit, and I can live with the more primitive app as long as they keep improving it.
    My top apps are: TaskJot (a Toodledo app), GoogleMaps, WeatherEye, TwitterBerry, Poynt, Opera 5 beta and Bolt for web browsing, and MyClock (a stopwatch/countdown timer/alarm clock app). Plus of course GoogleSync.

I'm most worried about a decent web browser, GoogleApps, and the PIM stuff (tasks/alarms/calendar, etc)...

It also sounds like the e-mail should be just fine for my needs... that one had me a bit stressed...
    GoogleMaps implementation on Pre is absolutely better, plain and simple. Touch-scroll and multi-touch zoom rules, and the menu is much more intuitive and faster to use. Plus, Ev-Do is at least 2-3x as fast as your EDGE connection was, and if you turn on GPS, you'll locate a lot faster and more accurately on the map. Additionally, you have a bigger screen with higher resolution to work with.

For me, Tweed > TwitterBerry. I always had problems with TB. It was slow, I was never able to search. It never let me follow anyone. Tweed is fast, responsive, and has a very full interface to do pretty much everything you'd want to do on Twitter, even use multiple accounts.

Accuweather is a good comparison to WeatherEye, but it doesn't have an active Icon Widget like WE does. If you use AHS, it displays weather on the home screen. Hopefully, Palm will support more robust home screens with active icons/widgets in the near future. Advantage Berry there, but all you're missing is the at a glance conditions. Once you open up the app, AW has a great forecast interface.

Where is comparable to Poynt. It includes an interactive map, links to YP, Yelp, and even local chat. I think you'll like it.

Pre's browser is as good or better than Opera Mini.

Some of the PIM stuff leaves a bit to be desired. Calendar is weak, there is no Agenda view. Homebrew apps are working to address this deficiency.

If I were you, I'd try to find a friend with a Pre, or go to a Sprint Store and ask if you can play with one for a while (or ask if any of the Employees who have one will give you a demo of theirs to compare these features).
    "Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Its not about multi tasking, its about a cleaner implementation of UI on a multitasking device.
    In any other device you cannot see both the windows on the home screen (or APPS or CARDS in PALM speak).
    EXACTLY! That's why I said it seems to be a lot faster and easier on the Pre than my Curve. Yes my Curve CAN multi-task, but not particularly well.

Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    Smnc, personally, I'm not here to convince you that Pre is better then other phones. You are basically asking the users to tell you why they would pick the Pre instead of a Blackberry. Don't you think this is your job to research if the Pre features match your needs?
    That's fine. I have been doing research, but it's been nearly impossible to go hands-on with a Pre up here in Canada.
    As you may have read, Bell employees weren't allowed to buy Pre's until recently, and I don't know anyone locally who owns one.
    All my friends and co-workers either have Berries or WinMo devices.
    I know a BB Tour and upcoming BB 9700 will meet my needs, and it looks like the Pre also will also meet my needs, but since I've not been able to play with a Pre yet, I thought I'd come to the source.

Quote Originally Posted by StormD View Post
    GoogleMaps implementation on Pre is absolutely better, plain and simple. Touch-scroll and multi-touch zoom rules...
    That does sound SWEET!

Plus, Ev-Do is at least 2-3x as fast as your EDGE connection was...
    I can live with Ev-DO (EDGE is stupidly slow), but since I have a little flexibility in my buying schedule, I'm hoping the rumored North American GSM model will arrive in time.

For me, Tweed > TwitterBerry. I always had problems with TB. It was slow, I was never able to search. It never let me follow anyone. Tweed is fast, responsive, and has a very full interface to do pretty much everything you'd want to do on Twitter, even use multiple accounts.
    That would also be awesome. TB is far from perfect. I assume the reason it's so slow is just that my Curve is too damn slow.

Accuweather is a good comparison to WeatherEye, but it doesn't have an active Icon Widget like WE does
    I can live without the active icon, but does the Accuweather app do Canada?

Where is comparable to Poynt. It includes an interactive map, links to YP, Yelp, and even local chat. I think you'll like it.
    I just looked into Where after yeading your post, and it does look good!

Pre's browser is as good or better than Opera Mini.
    I'd LOVE a good built in browser. Opera 5 beta is nice, and Bolt is fast, but the fact that I need to run THREE friggin' browsers to get stuff done on my Berry is nuts.

Some of the PIM stuff leaves a bit to be desired. Calendar is weak, there is no Agenda view. Homebrew apps are working to address this deficiency.
    Hmm... that's a bit of a concern. I always liked the PIM apps on PalmOS, so I was hoping that the webOS PIM would really blow me away.

If I were you, I'd try to find a friend with a Pre, or go to a Sprint Store and ask if you can play with one for a while (or ask if any of the Employees who have one will give you a demo of theirs to compare these features).
    Now that Bell (I'm in Canada, remember) employees are finally starting to get their hands on the Pre, I'm hoping to be able to play with one that isn't a dummy...
    Never had a blackberry and the Pre is my first and only smart phone. I wondered why I really needed it as I at a PC all day, have a PC at home, etc, etc...

To me my pre is like my DVR, not sure I could go without it. It gets better every day and I find myself on it more than my laptop at home. I use cox email for personal use and it works great. Facebook is another thing I like having and I love the way the Pre merges my facebook into my contacts.

What I don't like is the Palm's Facebook App, but I don't see a need for it. I just saved/bookmarked my facebook page into the Web App. So if I want to FB, I just go to the Web App, open the FB bookmark and it has full functionality. I am curious why others use the actual FB apps on their phones....
    List some towns in Canada and I can test to see if accuweather knows them. It seemed to know Toronto. Also, there are some new apps coming out that actively change your background to show you the weather. It isn't a widget directly, but it is a clever idea.

The new app "Agenda" in homebrew does agenda view very nicely.

The built in browser is getting a nice update this Thursday, and is currently considered on par with the iPhone browser. In some tests it has been faster. It is a very good browser IMO.

Another thing to remember about the pre is the apps can talk to each other. So if you find an address using where, it can open up google maps and give you directions from your current location. Or, you can save that address into you nav program, not sure what it is called for bell, and you will get turn by turn directions.

As far as e-mail goes, the pre's e-mail system is leaps and bounds better than the outlook variant in WinMo. I have never used a BB, so I can't comment there, but I have no problem keeping up with e-mails (I get ~40 a day relating my school).

Honestly, one of my favorite things about the pre, is getting to watch it grow up. It seems like every day there is something new to look at and fiddle with. The Pre lets me get my work done, stay in touch, play my music, and every day gives me something new to explore. I love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    In all fairness, I still have my 6/6/09 Pre and have had absolutely no problems with it.
    +1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast