Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I recently received a replacement Pre due to having the oreo twist on my previous Pre. On the 2nd or 3rd day I noticed the phone hanging up a lot and rebooting itself a few times after sending txts or trying to open/close an app too fast. This problem has only gotten worse and just a bit ago the phone rebooted itself and now I'm stuck with the pulsating Palm bootup screen.. Any ideas on how to get the phone back up and running? I need to have the phone up and running asafp and WebOS Doctor doesn't even see that I have the phone connected.

These constant problems are starting to get really annoying

Thanks!
    That has happened to me before, I would get the dreaded "phone offline" condition and I would turn the phone off and then turn it back on again. But unlike you, my phone didn't make it to the flashing palm screen but instead only the steady palm screen. when that happens, I just take the battery out, wait a minute and put it back in. A little warning though, if you leave the battery out too long, the phone will forget a lot of settings and it will act like it's the first time it booted up. Things I noticed were the email app opens on the screen asking if you want to add an account (your email accounts are present and accounted for however), Navigation asks for your info again, most other apps that need initial configuration will ask for all the initial stuff. Also, two apps from the App catalog also use their settings, namely the gas mileage monitor loses everything, and the picture dialer app forgets about all your friends you selected.

Hopefully that will do it for you.

My phone kept going back into phone offline mode, and it got worse and worse, so finally I did a "partial erase" and so far the phones been great, you might wanna try that too.
    Try pressing the orange key+sym+r all at the same time or try switching the ringer/vibrate switch back and forth several times and see if that fixes the reboot screen.

if that does not work try the instructions from this link http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1878372
    Last edited by kmehr; 09/21/2009 at 06:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    That has happened to me before, I would get the dreaded "phone offline" condition and I would turn the phone off and then turn it back on again. But unlike you, my phone didn't make it to the flashing palm screen but instead only the steady palm screen. when that happens, I just take the battery out, wait a minute and put it back in. A little warning though, if you leave the battery out too long, the phone will forget a lot of settings and it will act like it's the first time it booted up. Things I noticed were the email app opens on the screen asking if you want to add an account (your email accounts are present and accounted for however), Navigation asks for your info again, most other apps that need initial configuration will ask for all the initial stuff. Also, two apps from the App catalog also use their settings, namely the gas mileage monitor loses everything, and the picture dialer app forgets about all your friends you selected.

My phone kept going back into phone offline mode, and it got worse and worse, so finally I did a "partial erase" and so far the phones been great, you might wanna try that too.
    Manny I tried to leave the battery out for a while ~10min and now it's just sitting on the steady Palm screen and not doing anything. Any other ideas?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmehr View Post
    Try pressing the orange key+sym+r all at the same time or try switching the ringer/vibrate switch back and forth several times and see if that fixes the reboot screen.

if that does not work try the instructions from this link http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1878372
    Thanks!

I'm trying to get novacom to reinstall via WebOS Quick Install. I hope this was the problem.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Ok.. I've tried the instructions to install Novacom on Windows 7 and still nothing works.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmehr View Post
    After several tries and reboots I was finally able to get WebOS Doctor to recognize the phone. We'll see if it lasts up and running. Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post

a little off topic, but how long did you leave your battery out to have this issue? i have left mine out for nearly 20 hours, and the phone was just fine afterwords.
    Anytime! Glad to help!