Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My pre takes at least 3 minutes to fully power on. Is this normal?
    pretty much, yes. it seems like the more apps you have installed, the longer it takes to boot.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Why are you turning the phone OFF? There is no need to do that most of the time, so what difference does it make how long it takes to do a cold boot. I have rarely tuned my phone OFF.
    I need to restart mine on occasion. I have the button to make it easier than hitting 3 buttons or flipping the silence button.
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    Trust me.....the Pre does not take that long. Try powering on a Blackberry Storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by pistos View Post
    Why are you turning the phone OFF? There is no need to do that most of the time, so what difference does it make how long it takes to do a cold boot. I have rarely tuned my phone OFF.
    Seeing as how the battery drains quickly, I turn mine off to save battery power when I know I won't be able to charge it for a while... The slow boot is pretty annoying but not that bad.
    God makes the earth yield healing herbs which the prudent man should not neglect;
  7. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mojuice View Post
    Seeing as how the battery drains quickly, I turn mine off to save battery power when I know I won't be able to charge it for a while... The slow boot is pretty annoying but not that bad.
    Airplane mode is your friend
    Quote Originally Posted by rjl210 View Post
    My pre takes at least 3 minutes to fully power on. Is this normal?
    no (turning the phone off and on, i mean).
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I personally have to turn my phone off at work because I work for a railraod and the FRA has rules against electronic devices being on while on a train. So the lenght of time the Pre takes to turn on and off is a big ouch when trying to check my phone really quick when stopped. But thats just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunlibra View Post
    I need to restart mine on occasion. I have the button to make it easier than hitting 3 buttons or flipping the silence button.
    ?

i hold the power button on the top to turn it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsl5150 View Post
    Trust me.....the Pre does not take that long. Try powering on a Blackberry Storm.
    How about trying ANY Blackberry. At LEAST 5 min on a reboot. The Pre is a WELCOMED change to me, being a former BB user for years.
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mainevent3405 View Post
    How about trying ANY Blackberry. At LEAST 5 min on a reboot. The Pre is a WELCOMED change to me, being a former BB user for years.
    i couldn't agree with you more!
    Quote Originally Posted by mainevent3405 View Post
    My Tour takes 7-8 minutes, pretty darn ridiculous. Just reason the OS needs and overhaul.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pistos View Post
    Phone 1:
    Because every time we shut the slider the phone powers off and you need to turn it back on. Sprint refuses to fix it and blames the user (sounds like the attitude of these forums). I'll try again this weekend.

Phone 2:
    Because it gets s-l-o-w. Multitasking is fantastic but it seems that you need to limit yourself or things drag. I know everyone elses phone is perfect but thats the deal with mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    My Tour takes 7-8 minutes, pretty darn ridiculous. Just reason the OS needs and overhaul.
    when my pre was completely effed up from tweaks not working and what not....my pre would take 10 minutes to boot...now bc i got over 120 apps my pre takes 5 or so minutes to boot
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Phone 1:
    Because every time we shut the slider the phone powers off and you need to turn it back on. Sprint refuses to fix it and blames the user (sounds like the attitude of these forums). I'll try again this weekend.
    No, more like this is a known issue on a limited number of devices and if mine did it, I wouldn't go home until I was given a new phone that didn't. That being said, it's not really a valid reason to reboot constantly, just really a broken Pre (well, bad QA).

As for the other phone slowing down after a while, I sort of get that one, though I find that closing all open cards releases the memory pretty well when I do get slowdown like that, and then I can just continue with normal use from there.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ap78k View Post
    I personally have to turn my phone off at work because I work for a railraod and the FRA has rules against electronic devices being on while on a train. So the lenght of time the Pre takes to turn on and off is a big ouch when trying to check my phone really quick when stopped. But thats just me.
    Are you not allowed to use Airplane mode for this? Are train regs more restrictive than airplane regs?
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    My guess is that the restriction on electronic devices on trains is about eliminating possible
    distractions rather any fears of Rf interference as it is on airplanes. Wasn't there
    just a big train crash blamed on a conductor texting? Playing games on a Pre
    even in airplane mode would be no less distracting.
    iPhone takes about 1min 50sec
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsl5150 View Post
    exactly, i used to own a storm, and the pre feels like a speed demon on boot compared to that
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast