1.    #1  
    Hey all. I'm a little mad/sad/ etc. I know this is gonna sound silly, but I got my first scratch on my Pre screen. My Invisible Shield is due to arrive Thursday, so bah. Is there a way to remove said scratch? It's like a key hit it, but my keys weren't in my pocket. Quite bizarre.

Okay, and I have a MyTether question: How do you properly enable Bluetooth tethering? Right now I have USB tether and WiFi tether turned on, as well as BT turned on on my MacBook and the Pre. if I turn off the WiFi tether on MyTether I get the OMG TETHERING NOT SUPPORTED msg. I have my MacBook connecting to the Pre via BlueTooth PAN. There's no option in MyTether to turn on Bluetooth tethering directly. I have version 2.0.1. The newest version I believe.

Any suggestions to both questions?

EDIT: I figured out my Bluetooth issue... I need to have USB tether on, and turn off WiFi, and then connect to my Pre via BT PAN. Works great. Suggestions about the scratch are still welcomed.
    Last edited by Shiggitay; 09/21/2009 at 04:37 PM.
    I'm interested in any scratch removal methods as well. Wife's Pre has a nice scratch on the touchscreen courtesy of our 2-year old....
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    I'm interested in any scratch removal methods as well. Wife's Pre has a nice scratch on the touchscreen courtesy of our 2-year old....
    Well mine is quite minor, but it's still annoying. You can't see it unless the screen is dark. I'm tempted to claim malfunction or something and get it swapped... I dunno..
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I think I've read somewhere in the threads that they are using Plexus Plastic Cleaner and Polish. I haven't tried it yet but I am planning to.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    I think I've read somewhere in the threads that they are using Plexus Plastic Cleaner and Polish. I haven't tried it yet but I am planning to.
    Is that obtainable at something like CVS or WalGreens? If it is I'll go pick some up as I leave Starbucks here.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggitay View Post
    Is that obtainable at something like CVS or WalGreens? If it is I'll go pick some up as I leave Starbucks here.
    It seems the only way to get it is via online. You can PM tyea regarding this. I think he's the one who uses this product.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    It seems the only way to get it is via online. You can PM tyea regarding this. I think he's the one who uses this product.
    Okay. Thanks. Will do.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Your welcome buddy. Another guy in our forum who uses this is Wirelessness.
    What about scratch x by meguire. Not sure if it will work or make it worst. I also wonder about headlight oxidation compound. That is made to take out scratches and haze on headlights
  10.    #10  
    Hmmm well I want something that won't melt the ***** out of my Pre's touch screen. lol. I wanna have this phone intact until at least my contract ends.
    I'd be *really* careful with any sort of chemical on the Palm's screen ... might even try the forums on the Palm support site to see if they have any suggestions (or warnings!).

I've heard some folks say that the skins can actually hide or "heal" existing scratches. There's a testimonial on the Phantom Skinz site that mentions this. I know you said you've got an Invisible on the way, but the Phantom Skinz are dirt cheap (and easy, and generally most excellent IMHO) ... might be worth a try before you melt your screen 8^).
    I have a small scratch almost invisible and when I put a screen protector on for a while it healed it when I took it off. Don't ask me how???
    I have a BestSkinsEver one and my minor scratch is now invisible. I got it at just the right time. You can't see the scratch at all. I guess the adhesive fills it in.