Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    Jim Cramer once slated Palm and the Pre and it's "high return rate". Today he said "There's room for everyone" and basically said nice things about Palm and it's earnings. I thought it was interesting since it's about as close as we may get to him saying he was wrong. StreetInsider.com - Palm (PALM) Flying Higher Into the Close, Cramer Said There's Room For Everyone

    now to be fair. It's the stock market and you make decisions based on the information you have at the time and information about companies changes. I guess info regarding palm may have changed. actually he was wrongly relying on pure speculation where as now we have real earnings numbers.

    it should also be mentioned that there is a short squeeze going on too. Palm Rallies on Short Squeeze | Technology | Financial Articles & Investing News | TheStreet.com

    Palm stock took off in late trading. up 13.85% to 15.95 as of this writing. A positive story for the company that is Palm.
  2. #2  
    Cramers an *****. I rather have him say PALM is a sell... would probably go up bigtime.
    That's why I hold SIRI... bought at 7 cents and hope he keeps trashing it past $1.
  3. DogEarsAZ's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #3  
    Amen donm.

    The man is a menace, pure and simple.

    now to be fair. It's the stock market and you make decisions based on the information you have at the time and information about companies changes.
    It's the stock market and you can't make decisions on anything rooted in logic and thoughtful processes.

    Fixed that for ya
  4. ray1b's Avatar
    Posts
    431 Posts
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    #4  
    John Stewart exposed Jim Cramer for what he really is: an entertainer.
  5. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #5  
    Jim Cramer. LOL.
  6. SharonW's Avatar
    Posts
    402 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    Jim Cramer once slated Palm and the Pre and it's "high return rate". Today he said "There's room for everyone" and basically said nice things about Palm and it's earnings. I thought it was interesting since it's about as close as we may get to him saying he was wrong. StreetInsider.com - Palm (PALM) Flying Higher Into the Close, Cramer Said There's Room For Everyone

    now to be fair. It's the stock market and you make decisions based on the information you have at the time and information about companies changes. I guess info regarding palm may have changed. actually he was wrongly relying on pure speculation where as now we have real earnings numbers.

    it should also be mentioned that there is a short squeeze going on too. Palm Rallies on Short Squeeze | Technology | Financial Articles & Investing News | TheStreet.com

    Palm stock took off in late trading. up 13.85% to 15.95 as of this writing. A positive story for the company that is Palm.
    Hey there, he changed his mind right after the earnings release. In fact, it was about two hours after the earnings release:

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...es-smokin.html

    I tell you, the shorts are our best friends. These bozos love to keep getting punished. The stock went parabolic today before I got a chance to get back in. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It started to turn up rapidly about 15 minutes before Cramer went on CNBC and mentioned it. I watched it leap from 14.25 to an instant 14.55. I had to go out briefly and it was trading at 14.75 when I left. I came back about 20 mins. later and it was at 15.75! I did a double take. LOL

    Check this out:

    Palm Rises Most Since June on Stock Offering Talk

    Sept. 21 (Bloomberg) -- Palm Inc., the maker of the Pre phone, jumped 14 percent in Nasdaq Stock Market trading on speculation that investors are reacting positively to a planned stock offering.

    Palm added $1.94 to $15.95 at 4 p.m. New York time, the most since June 26. The shares have climbed more than fivefold this year.

    Palm said last week it would try to sell 16 million shares and investor Elevation Partners may buy $35 million of stock in the offering. There’s speculation that an 11 percent increase in the company’s outstanding share count will be accepted by its stockholders, said Matt Thornton, an analyst at Avian Securities LLC in Boston.

    “There has been some chatter that the common offering has been well received by existing shareholders,” said Thornton. There is talk that the offering may be “digested pretty well,” he said.

    Chief Executive Officer Jon Rubinstein is counting on the Palm Pre smart phone to pull the company out of a two-year sales slump. Revenue, including sales recognized over the life of phones, will be $240 million to $270 million this quarter, Palm said. Analysts had projected revenue of $305.9 million on average, according to a Bloomberg survey.

    Palm is boosting spending on marketing this quarter as it takes on Apple Inc.’s iPhone and Research In Motion Ltd.’s BlackBerry.

    The stock was also mentioned on CNBC today by Jim Cramer, who said there is still room for Palm in the mobile-phone market, along with Apple and RIM.

    Palm Rises Most Since June on Stock Offering Talk (Update1) - Bloomberg.com
  7. #7  
    Cramer has been a joke forever. It just became incredibly evident when John Stewart completely trashed him. If you want to see that interview it is right here.


    Jim Cramer On "Daily Show": Full Unedited, Uncensored Video

    Last I heard was that Jim Cramer's viewership was down 24% right after Stewart's interview with him.
  8. #8  
    Sharon...

    Curious... you have a financial interest in the Pre and Palm beside just owning the phone, is that correct? Hold stock in Palm? Besides a long position, You are trading it pretty regularly right? Playing the options?

    Mind giving full disclosure since after reading enough posts of yours that I come to think you sound like one of those pumpers you read in the Google Finance forums.

    It's just that I use to play at the Z06vette.com site all the time cause I am a huge car nut... and obviously a big Z06 fan. And used the site to praise and criticize (just as harshly as I do here) cause I love the product. And would love to hear about all the new mods people were buying and want to buy for my car because they were so happy with them and I respected their opinions on what to buy... and what not to... until I found out the they would be getting the Borla pipes and headers and all these parts for free. Then it wasnt as fun.

    And reading some of your stuff recently brung up those same feelings so hope you dont mind me asking.

    I mean it's no big deal if you are... Just would be nice to know if you are trading PALM so I understand why you say the things you say. Heck I wish I had seen Palm near $1 and thought of buying in but was scared. Was scared to buy Ford at $1.50 too darn it (and I owned 3 Mustangs before). But not scared to buy SIRI at 7 cents... weird eh?

    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post

    I tell you, the shorts are our best friends. These bozos love to keep getting punished. The stock went parabolic today before I got a chance to get back in. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It started to turn up rapidly about 15 minutes before Cramer went on CNBC and mentioned it. I watched it leap from 14.25 to an instant 14.55. I had to go out briefly and it was trading at 14.75 when I left. I came back about 20 mins. later and it was at 15.75! I did a double take. LOL

    Check this out:
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    Last I heard was that Jim Cramer's viewership was down 24% right after Stewart's interview with him.
    Apparently at least one Precentral poster is not a part of that 24%.
  10. SharonW's Avatar
    Posts
    402 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Sharon...

    Curious... you have a financial interest in the Pre and Palm beside just owning the phone, is that correct? Hold stock in Palm? Besides a long position, You are trading it pretty regularly right? Playing the options?

    Mind giving full disclosure since after reading enough posts of yours that I come to think you sound like one of those pumpers you read in the Google Finance forums.

    It's just that I use to play at the Z06vette.com site all the time cause I am a huge car nut... and obviously a big Z06 fan. And used the site to praise and criticize (just as harshly as I do here) cause I love the product. And would love to hear about all the new mods people were buying and want to buy for my car because they were so happy with them and I respected their opinions on what to buy... and what not to... until I found out the they would be getting the Borla pipes and headers and all these parts for free. Then it wasnt as fun.

    And reading some of your stuff recently brung up those same feelings so hope you dont mind me asking.

    I mean it's no big deal if you are... Just would be nice to know if you are trading PALM so I understand why you say the things you say. Heck I wish I had seen Palm near $1 and thought of buying in but was scared. Was scared to buy Ford at $1.50 too darn it (and I owned 3 Mustangs before). But not scared to buy SIRI at 7 cents... weird eh?
    Heck, I have no problem with full disclosure. I've already made it several times here before. I have a position in my IRA which I'm not trading. It is a long term hold. Additionally, I trade the stock in a separate account. I don't use options.

    I can more than understand your getting an uncomfortable feeling that I might be a pump and dumper, but rest assured, this ain't that kind of forum for that nor is Palm the kind of stock for that, nor am I that kind of person.

    In fact, it's funny that you should think that given I have many old posts wherein I've shown my belief that there were actually shorters on the board. LOL

    Let me explain why their position on a forum like this would be beneficial to them in a way that a long like myself would get no benefit. A short can sow elements of FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt) on a high-profile board dedicated to enthusiasts of the product by misrepresenting problems with the product. That's easy. Very easy. Latch on to some problems experienced by some owners and inflate with your own false stories and multiple personas. I've seen it done many, many times before. The press has picked up on several things that began as posts on this board and they run with them, such as a poll that was conducted here on replacements for defective Pres. The press didn't care that it was entirely non-scientific although many stated that. The purpose of a short gets served simply by presenting the possibility that it is the truth, and hey look over here at this poll.

    A pump-and-dumper only can work a stock board and can only do so with a stock that trades for very, very little, usually a penny stock, and has very thin trading. Their MO is to hype other investors (and mind you this isn't an investment board) into believing some positive event is imminent. The idea being that if the pumper can get enough of the people on the board to buy more stock, they get a move big enough to sell for a profit. That sort of scheme is impossible to utilize on a stock like Palm that trades millions of shares every day and has a much, much higher value. Your SIRI, however, is prime for pumping and dumping, so watch out. Um, and FWIW, I wouldn't touch SIRI with a ten-foot pole, unless you are trading it.

    Now, personally speaking, as to why I bought and trade Palm is all about heart and mind. If there is a product that I love I have found that being a baby-boomer, others will follow. It is the story of our lives. There is always a stampede behind almost everything we do. I just have the benefit of foresight and I use it. I've had it my entire life and only saw the pattern about ten years ago.

    Now here's the laugh, I don't own a Pre. I WANT one, but I got laid off before the launch and I just couldn't justify spending that much money on a non-necessity while being unemployed. However, with the recent price decrease and the introduction of the Pixi, I'm thinking I can justify at least the cost of the Pixi. So I'm waiting to see that launch first before I decide on how decadent I'm going to be.

    P.S. You don't need to buy the very bottom to make money. I DID buy Ford, but at 5.65 and then sold it at 7.85. Very nice quick return. I may go back to the trough at 6.50.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post

    I mean it's no big deal if you are... Just would be nice to know if you are trading PALM so I understand why you say the things you say. Heck I wish I had seen Palm near $1 and thought of buying in but was scared. Was scared to buy Ford at $1.50 too darn it (and I owned 3 Mustangs before). But not scared to buy SIRI at 7 cents... weird eh?
    well alot of PALM shorters were coming on PreCentral all summer to troll and trash the pre so it works both ways...
  12. SharonW's Avatar
    Posts
    402 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Apparently at least one Precentral poster is not a part of that 24%.
    Two. BTW, I thought the Jon Stewart segment was hysterical. A tad unfair, but hysterical.

    No trader or analyst is ALWAYS right. None of them. The best get noted for making 20% in a year. Yup, a measly 20%. Well, not so measly when you compare it to sticking money in the bank and making 1.5%.

    Just remember, it was Cramer who also got ridiculed last September for telling people to take any money they had OUT OF STOCKS if they would be needing it in the next five years. He kept a lot of powder dry for a lot of people who listened. He then got everyone to climb back aboard when his associate Doug Kass called the generational bottom in March. You can see what has happened to stocks since. Both calls were spot on and together were probably the two best pieces of advice anyone gave all year.

    Like I said, no analyst is every right all the time. He's got a far better record than most.
  13. #13  
    Yes, I realized you didnt have a Pre from a couple of comments like the photo thread where you said you didnt realize the Pre took such good pics and some other things. I do recall you mentioning losing your job though in the past so understandable reason for not owning one and unfortunate situation sorry to hear.

    I actually thought it funny if you were actually posting all along and in the meantime owned an iPhone or BB and using the Etrade app to trade PALM because the Pre doesnt have the app yet.

    I guess you are not pumping and dumping but to a degree you are pumping and it shows from your posts. People that want to question an issue with their phone, I can see fanbois on them calling them trolls (even though odd to do that to your own... meaning they own the darn thing and have a right to voice or be irritated). But you add in your two cents at times to "fight the shorters" and minimize the issue or help the fanbois push it aside. If wrong I apologize but it just looks that way. And to me it's biased and a personal agenda which goes beyond pre vs iphone or whatever phone. It's money. But hey, there are threads that talk about the company and it's stocks and such so that's cool.

    Just when you call someone a liar and accuse them of stirring stuff up and possibly being a shorter... I at least know have a better idea/understanding what your mindset is.

    Because even though you dont pump and dump... it's obvious you hold and hope that PALM will be the next Apple with the next iPhone and maybe the next $300 stock? Hey, that's why I hold SIRI cause I hope because I got a ten bagger out of it and hope for another ten bag ($1.50?).

    Yes, I have been keeping my eye on Ford and others... but I'm greedy and I see SIRI with a real potential for $1 by year end or wait for a major correction to BAC and add to my position on that (bought that sucker at $4).

    Right now PALM is a little to rich for me. Good luck with your PALM.

    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    Now here's the laugh, I don't own a Pre. I WANT one, but I got laid off before the launch and I just couldn't justify spending that much money on a non-necessity while being unemployed. However, with the recent price decrease and the introduction of the Pixi, I'm thinking I can justify at least the cost of the Pixi. So I'm waiting to see that launch first before I decide on how decadent I'm going to be.
  14. SharonW's Avatar
    Posts
    402 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Yes, I realized you didnt have a Pre from a couple of comments like the photo thread where you said you didnt realize the Pre took such good pics and some other things. I do recall you mentioning losing your job though in the past so understandable reason for not owning one and unfortunate situation sorry to hear.

    I actually thought it funny if you were actually posting all along and in the meantime owned an iPhone or BB and using the Etrade app to trade PALM because the Pre doesnt have the app yet.

    I guess you are not pumping and dumping but to a degree you are pumping and it shows from your posts. People that want to question an issue with their phone, I can see fanbois on them calling them trolls (even though odd to do that to your own... meaning they own the darn thing and have a right to voice or be irritated). But you add in your two cents at times to "fight the shorters" and minimize the issue or help the fanbois push it aside. If wrong I apologize but it just looks that way. And to me it's biased and a personal agenda which goes beyond pre vs iphone or whatever phone. It's money. But hey, there are threads that talk about the company and it's stocks and such so that's cool.

    Just when you call someone a liar and accuse them of stirring stuff up and possibly being a shorter... I at least know have a better idea/understanding what your mindset is.

    Because even though you dont pump and dump... it's obvious you hold and hope that PALM will be the next Apple with the next iPhone and maybe the next $300 stock? Hey, that's why I hold SIRI cause I hope because I got a ten bagger out of it and hope for another ten bag ($1.50?).

    Yes, I have been keeping my eye on Ford and others... but I'm greedy and I see SIRI with a real potential for $1 by year end or wait for a major correction to BAC and add to my position on that (bought that sucker at $4).

    Right now PALM is a little to rich for me. Good luck with your PALM.
    Just to set the record straight, those I've accused of these tactics did NOT have stories that held up. I didn't make blind accusations based merely on the fact they were complaining. I read all their previous posts and found there were too many extraordinary contradictions for them to be honest posters. I became suspicious because I've seen this type of behavior before. I've also seen the double team, so if the poster I suspect always seems to have a side-kick who agrees with him over and over, I immediately suspect them as well.

    While my enthusiasm for the Pre and for the stock may make me biased, you don't find me jumping on everyone with an issue, do you? Unlike fanbois, I'm not like white on rice, dude. However, if I happen to see a changing story and, man, considering how many posts there are here every day that's a pretty difficult thing so it's got to be pretty blatant, I become suspicious. This IS the internet. There's absolutely no reason to take anyone at face value. They need to earn respect through consistency if they're a regular.

    Shoot, many here are probably just here for tune-ups...a conundrum with their Pre they can't figure out themselves. Others have been on the board for years. However, someone shows up with a few posts and all the stories they tell are different in those posts and they then proceed to diss the phone, and then another person with few posts jumps in to do the same, set your alert on high.

    As you can see, my story HAS NEVER CHANGED. I am what I am and that's all that I am.

    P.S. I think your SIRI is a dead dog. Sorry. But good luck with your roll of the dice.
  15. #15  
    The day Cramer starts recommending SIRI is the day I'll agree

    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    P.S. I think your SIRI is a dead dog. Sorry. But good luck with your roll of the dice.
  16. #16  
    I find it ironic that the people that listen to Cramer have the same personality as he does. I have a friend that kept saying "Cramer basically said not to buy Palm cause of etc etc etc". Now I showed him Cramer's article, and what does my friend do? He goes on and on about how he is still right about how Palm is so risky - without letting me say one word.

    Oh yea...the setting? We were at a pretty nice restaurant where there was ambient music playing in the background (very low volume). Now imagine my friend telling me this...with his voice about almost twice the volume as mine trying to make a point.

    That's the type of fools you have following Cramer.

    Sorry...had to vent. LOL.
  17. #17  
    lol it seems to me that people think that Cramer is bashed because he has been wrong about certain information. That is completely untrue. At least from my point of view. Watch the last half of #2 and the beginning of #3. THEY KNOW the info they are giving is wrong. This is why everyone is pissed at him. In all fairness though even John said it wasn't just Cramer's fault.

    Jim Cramer On "Daily Show": Full Unedited, Uncensored Video
  18. SharonW's Avatar
    Posts
    402 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiliu78 View Post
    I find it ironic that the people that listen to Cramer have the same personality as he does. I have a friend that kept saying "Cramer basically said not to buy Palm cause of etc etc etc". Now I showed him Cramer's article, and what does my friend do? He goes on and on about how he is still right about how Palm is so risky - without letting me say one word.

    Oh yea...the setting? We were at a pretty nice restaurant where there was ambient music playing in the background (very low volume). Now imagine my friend telling me this...with his voice about almost twice the volume as mine trying to make a point.

    That's the type of fools you have following Cramer.

    Sorry...had to vent. LOL.
    There's a difference between listening to what he has to say and "following him." When he said buy Palm, I had already been in it. When he told people later to sell Palm, I didn't. Moreover, he called that a tad too late for traders. The stock was already back into the 13's, the time to trade out of it was when it was around 15 a couple days before. Now he said buy again two hours after Palm's earnings report. He was dead right there. You could have gotten in at 13.50. It's in the 17's today. Nothing like a 25% return in a few days.

    I read and listen to him, I don't "follow" him. He shows the average investor some good basics for trading and investing and points out some very good possibilities giving his reasons. But in the end, I have to like the company and I have to do my research.

    Only a fool follows blindly. And, I'll agree with you. Your friend is a fool, and apparently a loud-mouth, to boot.

Posting Permissions