Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    yeah i use a touchstone now.....and its giving me problems i used to plug it in...and ppl would hear me but with echo
    People I talk to get the echo too. I tell them to just deal with it because I don't want to fumble with the phone.
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaer57 View Post
    People I talk to get the echo too. I tell them to just deal with it because I don't want to fumble with the phone.
    lol so yeah....i dont knwo maybe a reboot will work but ill test that out tomorrow...too lazt to go to my car...and call someone to c if they hear me...waste of time if it doesnt work
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    yeah i use a touchstone now.....and its giving me problems i used to plug it in...and ppl would hear me but with echo
    Most of the time I'm not charging, but if I do, it's not with a touchstone in my car. If I can find my soldering iron, I may stop by Radio Shack and get a 3.5 mini plug to see if I can make my own cable. Hate to destroy my Pre's earbuds though.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I would suggest trying to replace your 3.5 cable with another one. My first cable was working fine and than stopped working for some reason. I replaced the cable and it works again. But I would like to know if there is a way to minimize the echo that the other person has to hear?
  5.    #25  
    I just found this: Go Daddy Marketplace - iPhone HEADSET 3.5mm CONNECTOR CABLE W/MICROPHONE~#PMI...

It has this description:

3.5MM CONNECTOR CABLE W/MICROPHONE FOR IPHONE/SAMSUNG

Universal Type:
    iPhone / iPhone 3G / Samsung Instinct M800

This NE HEAD-SET 3.5MM CONNECTOR CABLE W/MICROPHONE connects your iPhone with a 3.5 mm headphone jack to a stereo receiver or multi-media speakers that use 3.5 mm stereo input. Both ends of cable is standard 3.5mm plug. Retractable cable makes it easy to store, carrying around and lets you manage the cord length to minimize cable clutter.

I'm going to give it a try.
  6.    #26  
    I received the adapter, works perfectly for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by wabearden View Post
    ... Usually I have no trouble hearing the person on the other end and they have no trouble hearing me (through the mic).
    There have been a couple of occasions that I have had to pull the headphone jack out and plug it back in for the person on the other end to be able to hear me. ...
    I've had the same issues with people not being able to hear me and the simple solution wabearden noted always fixes it for me. Sometimes a little annoying, but simple and consistent. If they're not hearing me, I unplug & re-plug and all is good.

I've gotten in the habit of testing the mic when I first plug the cable in now... just lightly tap the mic on your pre and you'll know if it's enabled or not.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12