Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    So I downloaded the new WebOS Quick install and didn't remove all of my tweaks from version 2.03 before starting to use 2.51.

I learned that I had to do that first, so I found a download for 2.03 and started to remove all the tweaks I had done. Somewhere in there, I broke my Launcher.

Now, when I either up-swipe or click the launcher icon, it brings up Launcher at the top, but doesn't actually display anything. I can't click on the Launcher down arrow to bring up the Launcher menu either.

I think I need to just replace some of the Launcher files (the ones modified by the add/delete launcher pages mod and the 4x4 icon mod) but don't know where to find those.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Try rebooting the phone?
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    I didn't realize I missed removing a tweek or two and ended up with the same issue. I ended up using WebOSDr and resetting to default. (Maybe not the answer you were looking for)
    Tip - make sure you battery is 100% and it will fly through the formatting. Good Luck.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Question, did u guys do this by having the phone connected and opening the new version or just by opening it with phone not even connected? Cuz i downloaded the latest one and opened it but without my phone connected, and rename the old app i had to OLD so i can use it for now.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    Try rebooting the phone?
    Done that, doesn't seem to make any difference. I believe one of the Launcher .jsjsjs, .$html$, $and$/$or$ .$css$ $files$ $is$ $messed$ $up$

Quote Originally Posted by JustVin View Post
    I didn't realize I missed removing a tweek or two and ended up with the same issue. I ended up using WebOSDr and resetting to default. (Maybe not the answer you were looking for)
    Tip - make sure you battery is 100% and it will fly through the formatting. Good Luck.
    I was trying to avoid that, but it may end up being my only choice.

Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    Question, did u guys do this by having the phone connected and opening the new version or just by opening it with phone not even connected? Cuz i downloaded the latest one and opened it but without my phone connected, and rename the old app i had to OLD so i can use it for now.
    I guess I don't really understand your question. I downloaded the new version and tried to do some tweaks, but it was giving errors. I searched for what it could be and then noticed that I should have un-done the old tweaks.

I undid the old tweaks, but caused this problem in the meantime.

Anyone know where in the WebOSDoctor I can get the original source files?
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Sorry I don't, have you tried asking this in the webos-install thread? Jason and others are pretty good at helping others in there.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Thanks guys, I got it fixed.

I extracted the files from the WebOSDoctor, found the file that needed WebOS Quick Install was complaining about, and replaced it.

All is well!
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Sweet, bookmarking this in case it happens to mine!
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by forsethc View Post

I extracted the files from the WebOSDoctor, found the file that needed WebOS Quick Install was complaining about, and replaced it.

All is well!
    Can you explain how to accomplish this? I am having the same problem with my launcher and do not want to run the whole WebOS Doctor.

How do you extract only certain files from the Doctor?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by azkevman View Post
    Can you explain how to accomplish this? I am having the same problem with my launcher and do not want to run the whole WebOS Doctor.

How do you extract only certain files from the Doctor?

Open the .jar file in winrar. You will be able to browse the folders.
    Quote Originally Posted by forsethc View Post

All is well!
    Yes I have the same problem. Which file did you extract? Can you just explain the procedure for the next person who does the same? It will help me as well.

Thanks.
    why not just use webos restore utility thats the kind of stuff it was designed for right?!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    You know, I have another question.

This is a new phone and I had tweeks on the old one when it started having problems and I got the new one. Is it possible that the tweeks were backed up and loaded on the new phone when I signed into my palm profile? I didn't even check since it was a new phone and since it was new I decided to use the newer WebOSQuickInstall.
    no back up only saves info not apps or tweaks . i would just run web os restore utility and if not that web doc. and last option take it back . lol.... restore utility should do the trick though. just remember to do 1 tweak at a time slowly and check each time you do a tweak to see if it works before you move on to the next one . some tweaks you have to do several times to get them to work right . i dont know why but thats the way it is
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->