Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I work in the telecommunications field, doing installation and repair. This puts me in constant contact with the general public, both in the residential and business sectors. I had no idea how much impact my Pre would have on them.

I have already converted both my direct supervisor and District Manager over to the Pre, as they were ready to go to the iPhone, being that Embarq cell phones will no longer work at the end of the month. One look at the Pre during a meeting last month and BAM.....2 more Pre users. I am not however counting them in the 10 that I have converted from the iPhone.

I was at a customer's house who also happens to be a small business owner with 4 iPhones on an AT&T account. I was having a conversation with them about their Embarq lines, and a situation at home came up, causing my wife to text me. I was able to show the customer how seamlessly the Pre was able to jog back and forth between text and web browsing, and how it handled multitasking in general. I was using my virtual keyboard at the time, and when I slid open the keyboard, I swear to God, both the husband and wife made a sound like they were going to faint. Finally I laid on the AnyMobile plan information, and they were done....hook, line and sinker!

By the time I had finished at their house, they had already ordered 4 new Pre's through telesales, and were on their way to cancelling their iPhones. Hopefully that works out for them.

Those four lines of service make 10 referrals for me, and I wonder what that means in terms of money back from Sprint. Guess I'll have to wait for next month's bill. Even if it isn't all that much, I am glad that I am doing my part to stomp down the iPhone, and AT&T.

If everyone on this board got 5 of their friends to pick up a Pre, can you imagine what kind of tidal wave we could start!?

Let's go boys and girls. STOMP DOWN AT&T.......

Welcome to the CuLt Of PrEsOnAlItY
    I likey take apart thingies....
    You are a true hero and a patriot, my friend. Allah bless you and Buddha protect you.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    You are a true hero and a patriot, my friend. Allah bless you and Buddha protect you.
    I thank you kind sir....just trying to do my part to stomp down the maniacal company that is Apple......(Although I do have, and LOVE, my iPod touch)

Shhhhhhhh....don't tell anyone else!
    haha funny and awesome
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Well this year just in my house I have changed or added to my plan 5 Palm Pre's and just waiting for the wife to change, she loves her Treo 755p. She cannot use her nails on the Pre's screen and is due for an upgrade since May. I'm doing my part for Sprint and Palm. Just got my daughters phone yesterday at Radio Shack, we had to go to Sprint store after that to move all of her contacts and photos over, she had over 1,000 photos on her old Rumor, it took over 45 minutes to move them all over and the Sprint store people were ver nice and gladly moved it over with no problem. My daughter is so happy, the Rumor could not get a phone call, but she could make a phone call because of the key problems, yes I got insurance on all the phones.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrad425 View Post
    She cannot use her nails on the Pre's screen and is due
    Okay sir, well the solution is simple....her nails will just have to go!
    What hurts the iPhone the most is the network. It really is crap. That alone would make me switch to the Pre. Why people put up with it is beyond me. At the end of the day your phone is only as good as the network it is on. That being said the Pre is better anyway...add the the simply amazing 3G sprint offers its really a no brainer.
  8.    #8  
    WOOF!!!
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    I have already converted both my direct supervisor and District Manager over to the Pre, as they were ready to go to the iPhone, being that Embarq cell phones will no longer work at the end of the month. One look at the Pre during a meeting last month and BAM.....2 more Pre users. I am not however counting them in the 10 that I have converted from the iPhone.

By the time I had finished at their house, they had already ordered 4 new Pre's through telesales, and were on their way to cancelling their iPhones. Hopefully that works out for them.

Those four lines of service make 10 referrals for me, and I wonder what that means in terms of money back from Sprint. Guess I'll have to wait for next month's bill. Even if it isn't all that much, I am glad that I am doing my part to stomp down the iPhone, and AT&T.

If everyone on this board got 5 of their friends to pick up a Pre, can you imagine what kind of tidal wave we could start!?

Let's go boys and girls. STOMP DOWN AT&T.......
    And what makes you think that YOUR personal phone choice should be the personal choice of everyone around you?

This is the problem I have with brand whores in general. As a realistic tech geek then I recommend products based on the user and not based on my personal use. I use a Mac but just because "it just works" for me doesn't mean it also works for everyone else so why push it? Isn't this exactly why people detest Mac/iPhone and (coming soon) Pre users? They put all this effort into making people switch, but when it comes to support when things go wrong they start blaming the user for the problem.

We're consumers. We aren't employed as salesmen for these companies. That is why they don't give us paychecks.
    With all the hardware and software issues the Pre currently has I can't in good conscience recommend the Pre even though I use it (and like it) myself. I've been through many Pres due to numerous issues and I have currently had to settle for one that's less than perfect because I don't want to put any more time, effort and money into getting one that's more of what I expect when I pay for something. I really wouldn't want to put anyone else through that so I don't recommend it to people now unless they are geeks like me for whom hackability is a prime concern. The Pre does have potential though so I expect that after a few software updates and a new hardware revision I will be able to recommend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    We're consumers. We aren't employed as salesmen for these companies. That is why they don't give us paychecks.
    Hear, hear. Recommendations/opinions are free. When you become an advocate for the brand is when you need to be put on the payroll because you've already lost all objectivity.
    Don't panic, there will be plenty of time for that later.
  12.    #12  
    Knew it wouldn't be long before the flamers came rising up. Why would you even post in this thread???

Can't anyone relate a good story without getting blasted?

If we want Palm to succeed, then we should all be doing whatever it takes to push the product....and why not? Its a solid product.

Quit the crap with the flames....if you don't like the post, don't read it.
    Knew it wouldn't be long before the flamers came rising up. Why would you even post in this thread???

If we want Palm to succeed, then we should all be doing whatever it takes to push the product....and why not? Its a solid product.

Umm, who is flaming? I don't see anything like that here.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    So essentially you believe it's better to worry about the state of a billion dollar corporation rather than what is best for the individual consumer. And now you're offended at people for giving an opinion on your actions.

I'll recommend the Pre to people where it fits THEIR lives. But if they're better off with a blackberry, iPhone or Startac then why would I try to convince them otherwise? Palm aint paying commission.

This forum is full of GREAT stories where a user gets a pre and those little nuances that make the Pre different than the competition actually improves their daily workflow. THAT is a good story.

Your story offers nothing of WHY buying a Pre is a good thing FOR THEM. It's essentially, "OMG, I just totally scammed 15 people into buying a Pre because iPhone is teh suck. If you all follow my lead and heartlessly convince people to buy Pre's then Palm will get more customers and somehow that will make life awesome."

That's not a good story. It's irresponsible salesmanship and if it were done by an Android, iPhone or BlackBerry fan you'd be offended. But because it's in the name of Palm Almighty then somehow it's "cool".
    I'm flaming! Oh wait... LOL.
  16.    #16  
    Sorry clipcarl, not meant for you, more for urkel. What I am saying is why would you read a thread titled what this one was...only to come on and post that I am a brand *****. That is uncalled for.

The Pre is much more solid then people think, and people should concentrate more on what it IS and not what it ISN'T.
    @clipcarl

You flamer ...ha ha!!!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->

lol, ur hilarious... but new this too would happen, I really don't get it. If your not happy with this phone & sevice go somewhere else.

I'm with u on the palm to succeed thing, makes sense.
    So essentially you believe it's better to worry about the state of a billion dollar corporation...
    Palm wishes they were a billion dollar corporation.
  20. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    And what makes you think that YOUR personal phone choice should be the personal choice of everyone around you?

This is the problem I have with brand whores in general. As a realistic tech geek then I recommend products based on the user and not based on my personal use. I use a Mac but just because "it just works" for me doesn't mean it also works for everyone else so why push it? Isn't this exactly why people detest Mac/iPhone and (coming soon) Pre users? They put all this effort into making people switch, but when it comes to support when things go wrong they start blaming the user for the problem.

Actually, Sprint gives you a $50 gift card for every new line you refer to them. Selling the Pre while talking to people out and about could be lucrative!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast