Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I talked two friends into the palm pre without even trying ..ha and got a hundred bucks for it too...lol.....bite that urkel!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I talked two friends into the palm pre without even trying ..ha and got a hundred bucks for it too...lol.....bite that urkel!!!
    Now that is an argument that makes sense. I got a few bucks when a friend decided to switch to Sprint too.

And any story that ends in receiving $100 is a good story. (well, almost any story. I was pretty desperate for cash when back in college and...)
    Last edited by Urkel; 09/21/2009 at 02:38 PM.
  3.    #23  
    And why would you assume I talked them into the Pre without knowing what their needs were?

They had the same needs as me, so I pointed them in the direction I thought they would be better going in. And yes Urkel, I thought that was great....AND A GOOD STORY....

But if you feel the need to keep on slamming...go right ahead
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Funny how that works, I tried to convert 10 people, and none of them bought it.
    Then I mentioned to 4 people as a casual note , they surprised me by buying it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Funny how that works, I tried to convert 10 people, and none of them bought it.
    Then I mentioned to 4 people as a casual note , they surprised me by buying it.
    did you get the referals for them too????
    hope so lol its alot of free phone time...lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I haven't converted an iPhone owner yet (the sad reality of the type of status symbols some people in NYC love) but I have gotten 5 other people to buy a Pre.
    Global Posts
    708 Global Posts
    LOL at Palm fanboys.
    My wife and I were at a jazz concert at a local winery yesterday and just before it started, as usual, my wife had her Pre out fooling around with it. A waiter walked by, looked down and said "Ooooh, Palm Pre!" and then promptly pulled a Pre out of his pocket.

He spent about 15 minutes at our table raving about it like a salesman, to the point I was worried he might actually get in trouble.
  9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    did you get the referals for them too????
    hope so lol its alot of free phone time...lol
    From two of them, the other two are existing customers.
    But none of the folks with iphone are willing to look at pre, let alone comparing it.
    They were like ' hmm , but its not an iPhone'
    And I go like
    ' Yes its not an Iphone its Pre'
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Adjei View Post
    LOL at Palm fanboys.
    I'm confused....this is PREcentral.net.....aren't we ALL Palm Fanboys?
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    Sorry clipcarl, not meant for you, more for urkel. What I am saying is why would you read a thread titled what this one was...only to come on and post that I am a brand *****. That is uncalled for.

The Pre is much more solid then people think, and people should concentrate more on what it IS and not what it ISN'T.
    People should know what the pre can and cannot do. Some people buy wildly and end up hating the product. Some people read/watch the reviews and make a decision. It is WRONG to try to dictate what people should concentrate on. Before I bought the pre. I paid very close attention to every detail of the device, some people won't do that (hence the reason why some people here got a problem with your conversion tactics).

I won't go ahead and judge cause the phone is really good and I am sure every owner will love it (i know i do). But I remember when i couldn't receive a file from my friend via bluetooth cause the pre DOES NOT SUPPORT that yet (still hoping someone will correct me soon) I was really, really really pissed. That's the kind of functionality we just came to expect.

GO PALM!
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    My wife and I were at a jazz concert at a local winery yesterday and just before it started, as usual, my wife had her Pre out fooling around with it. A waiter walked by, looked down and said "Ooooh, Palm Pre!" and then promptly pulled a Pre out of his pocket.

He spent about 15 minutes at our table raving about it like a salesman, to the point I was worried he might actually get in trouble.
    Was he trying to hit on your wife...or on you?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Good for you powerbyte. I myself just ditched my iPhone. I'm glad it came along or else i'd still be using a SLVR but I could only take too much locked down features and overall "if something is wrong, its the customer's fault" attitude. Throw in the border line lying and definitely arrogant I'm a PC commercial's and all I had to wait for was my ATT contract to end.

I'm busy trying to convince my brother not to get an iPhone when his contract ends and he ditches his Tilt. Honestly though given its taken 10 minutes to type this out on my Pre I may have my work cut out for me. I'm getting better at typing but boy is it a steep learning curve. Still made the right decision by a long shot. Whoever says you don't need true multitasking doesn't realize the true potential of mobile phone computing, and of course has their head up where the sun don't shine
    Sorry clipcarl, not meant for you, more for urkel. What I am saying is why would you read a thread titled what this one was...only to come on and post that I am a brand *****. That is uncalled for.

The Pre is much more solid then people think, and people should concentrate more on what it IS and not what it ISN'T.
    I agree it's uncalled for and inappropriate; Urkel acknowledged you're promoting Pre for free so wouldn't brand-**** be more appropriate?
    Count me in for talking at least 3 people into getting a Pre! Wish I had made them tell Sprint that I did all the work!
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    Damn, didn't think of that. My old lady was looking pretty hot, but I take it as a compliment when somebody hits on her so I tend not to notice.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    A waiter walked by, looked down and said "Ooooh, Palm Pre!".
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post

Ummmm....hey GMoney......when a Waiter says "OOOH, PALM PRE".....I tend not to think that "hitting on your wife" is what he had on his mind.....ummmm....he might have been hitting on you!
    Ummmm....hey GMoney......when a Waiter says "OOOH, PALM PRE".....I tend not to think that "hitting on your wife" is what he had on his mind.....ummmm....he might have been hitting on you!
    Ok, I guess I'm dense cause I'm totally missing the joke here. You did get the part where I said my wife had her Pre out, not me, right? My Pre was in my pocket the whole time and I was only peripherally involved in the conversation.

But hey, if he was hitting on my I'm taking that as a compliment too. I'm old now, you take what you can get.
  19.    #39  
    the joke my dear friend is that ANYONE who says "OOOOOOHHHHH...PALM PRE", is probably not really all that into girls.....get it????

wink wink nudge nudge....

(That is not to put down anyone who is gay, BTW...it's all in good fun)
    the joke my dear friend is that ANYONE who says "OOOOOOHHHHH...PALM PRE", is probably not really all that into girls.....get it????

wink wink nudge nudge....

(That is not to put down anyone who is gay, BTW...it's all in good fun)
    Ha! I thought maybe that's where you were going, but I've got pretty worked-up over seeing another man with a Pre once or twice myself......
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast