Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Just dump Sprint and move to AT&T when they get the GSM/UMTS Pre. It does simultaneous voice/data with no issues.
    That's the most ridiculous thing I've read all day today

Drop better quality @ a more reasonable price on the nations WORST network for something so trivial...
    Quote Originally Posted by exstatica View Post
    I posted on this forum about it... but no one seemed to care

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...data-svdo.html

yes its coming. No I don't know when.
    Sprint won't do this for the same reason they won't do EVDV-- there's no point in investing in technology that they are already phasing out. Why would Sprint spend millions or billions doing this when they are already migrating to Wimax?
    i highly doubt it, ive been with sprint for almost 7 years and none of my phones have ever been able to do this and this is my 3rd smartphone. as someone else said i think it is a limitation of the current network technology
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by exstatica View Post
    I posted on this forum about it... but no one seemed to care

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...data-svdo.html

yes its coming. No I don't know when.
    It is an interesting article and would be nice, however, I doubt Sprint will do this. They are trying to phase into WiMax, so spending extra money and time into this is not wise, at least when it comes to business sense. I'm guessing that WiMax will have this.
    If i had known this before my 30 days were up I would of not kept the Pre. This is a huge deal breaker. You can't do anything like scheduling appointments, looking at your calendar, sending email, NOTHING while you talk. Pure PS!
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    EVDO Rev A supports both data and voice at the same time. If you're in a Rev A coverage area, this is possible with Sprint as the Pre is a Rev A device.
    Quote Originally Posted by nilemann View Post
    EVDO Rev A supports both data and voice at the same time. If you're in a Rev A coverage area, this is possible with Sprint as the Pre is a Rev A device.
    That is not true unfortunately.

EVDO spec does not support simultaneous voice and data. EVDV did- but EVDV is dead- abandoned by all the major carriers in favor of lte/wimax. The reasoning behind this is voip. There is no need for separate voice and data signaling. Voip allows for a single stream that supports all functions. Just like you can stream radio, surf the web and send email at the same time. VoIP lets voice just become another application. All that you need to ensure is that the end user device and network can tag and prioritize the voice packets and that there is a data connection that is low in latency, jitter and has the capacity to support the call. (not much bandwidth is required)

4g is capable of all this.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I am pretty sure it will. It has to. That's where technology is leaning towards. One example is Google Voice. You can't make phone calls over your computer through google voice yet but I am sure it'll happen.

Now it's just a matter of how the major phone carrier will rant and rave about it. They would like to keep it separate so they can charge every little piece of the pie.
    Are you responding to my post? I cant understand what you are saying?
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    That is not the case. Because everything is synchronized you can access and modify contacts, schedules, etc. with no problem at all. I do it all the time.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
    If i had known this before my 30 days were up I would of not kept the Pre. This is a huge deal breaker. You can't do anything like scheduling appointments, looking at your calendar, sending email, NOTHING while you talk. Pure PS!
    Last edited by BruceBradford; 09/24/2009 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Clarification and quote to keep flow.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceBradford View Post
    That is not the case. Because everything is synchronized you can access and modify contacts, schedules, etc. with no problem at all. I do it all the time.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
    And once you hang up, everything you did while on the phone will get synchronized back to the various servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceBradford View Post
    PS!
    I did not realize this. Thanks. It not as bad then, but still not a good thing at all it really limits things for business use.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12