Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpohl
    One thing I have found with the roam only tweak and data is that you will not recieve any calls with the data on at first. That is until you make an outgoing call (when in Roam only with data on). Then after the phone has made a call in this setting, it will receive calls. I just get in the practice of turning roam only with data on, then calling my office line.
    I had not noticed that, but having just tested it, I see that it's true.
    Very odd. Do you know how long "at first" is? It doesn't seem to
    be very long. I did one test where I switched from Sprint only to
    Roam only, tested that it wouldn't see incoming call. Then went to a
    web page, and tried to call it again, and it worked.

But now I've just done a test, where I switched it from sprint only to
    roam only and simply let it sit for 3-4 minutes and tried an incoming
    call and it also worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by withinboredom View Post
    My question is, how do you roam EV?
    Totally dependent on your location (as in major metropolitan location).
    There are only a few places in the country where you can roam on EV.
    Everywhere else it's 1x data. If you get EV while roaming, you're
    lucky. Otherwise, nothing you can do about it.

ian
    So I need to download "webOSQuickInstall".........can I get a little play-by-play? Sorry, but I just got my Pre so I am not familiar with the operation....
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Totally dependent on your location (as in major metropolitan location).
    There are only a few places in the country where you can roam on EV.
    Everywhere else it's 1x data. If you get EV while roaming, you're
    lucky. Otherwise, nothing you can do about it.

ian
    I get EV roaming all the time here in AR.
    Go to http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...all-contd.html. Read all the guides before downloading the files. Do everything exactly as the instructions say. It looks far more complicated on paper than it really is. There's a thread over in that forum where you can post for help if you need it.

Kathryn
    how do you turn data roaming on and off, I can't find it
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecp421 View Post
    how do you turn data roaming on and off, I can't find it
    While on the Phone app Tap "Sprint" in upper left ->'Preferences'->'Data Roaming' about 1/2-way down
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    While on the Phone app Tap "Sprint" in upper left ->'Preferences'->'Data Roaming' about 1/2-way down
    omg lol, thanks. I have been looking for that since the day I turned it off. I would have never found that.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    i always check with a sprint rep via chat with questions so i get it in writing (it emails you the chat log after your session)
    If you make phone calls in roaming with Sprint, your anytime minutes get used even if it is mobile. The only exception is if you have the nights and weekend (7am-7pm) option on your plan, then roaming would be all inclusive during those times. If you go over your anytime minutes, you get additional charges etc.. like normal.

The data plan, while stating to be unlimited, not really unlimited. While roaming with unlimited data usage, its all included, there is no cap or limit to data usage or roaming, but if over a 90 day period Sprint can tell that more of your calls are placed in a roaming state than in a non then you will receive notification of potential charges or service interruption.

so basically use the option sparingly when needed unless you have a ton of minutes left, or you don't care about the data usage warning letter.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12