Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    This morning I woke up to the alarm going off on my Pre and I noticed that after dismissing the alarm that my Pre was in the process of reseting itself. I didn't think much of it until the Pre wouldn't boot up and just sat at the Palm logo. I pulled the battery and powered the Pre back on and headed for work. Once I got to work, my Pre went through the initial Palm Profile setup and reloaded everything from my Palm Profile. I lost my homebrew, music, pictures, call/messaging history and most of my tweaks. I made a recent backup via USB mode but I will lose call/messaging history and need to reload my homebrew and tweaks which sucks.

Anyways, has anyone else had their phone spontaneously do a hard reset on them? Any ideas why this would occur?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    maybe someone log in to ur palm profile and wipe ur phone , that's the only thing i can think of.
    no, that is very odd.
    makes me feel as though i should backup more of my pics
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    The EXACT same thing just happened to me. . . . I just lost every text message from June 5th (launch party) onward, including MMSes. WHY WHY WHY???
    Went to pickup the phone off the touchstone and said the phone was no longer connected to my palm profile and said the phone needed to restart. Reloaded my profile and now all my homebrew applications, preware, filecoaster, etc are gone!!, it had to resynch all my contacts.
    Palm V > samsung i500> treo 650 > treo 755p> Centro> Pre
    The same thing happened to me this morning. However, I can't even get logged back into my palm profile. It says:
    "You need to be connected to your wireless service provider's network to sign in. Move into a wireless service area and try again."

***?!
    Woke to my pre showing only a message that it had to reset. Had to agree to Palm's terms and then it reset to all my new apps-GONE...call history-GONE ...contacts, pics, homebrews-GONE...this bytes...I had to fight with this thing for a full day when I first got it to get it to sync...
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    You'll want to call Tier 2. When that happened to me last week, they had to talk me thru resetting to see the Sprint network again.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornTreo View Post
    Went to pickup the phone off the touchstone and said the phone was no longer connected to my palm profile and said the phone needed to restart. Reloaded my profile and now all my homebrew applications, preware, filecoaster, etc are gone!!, it had to resynch all my contacts.
    Is this a "feature" (bug) of 1.2.0? I happily installed it yesterday only to wake u to the message that I was no longer connected to my palm profile-- same story. Resets, has me log in, nukes my texts, homebrew, etc. (however my memos appear to still be intact...)

? FAIL. I could deal with the homebrew disappearing, but those texts I can't get back.