Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    my pre started to do this yesterday. when i open or close it, it will shut off. also when i turn it back on the keyboard wont work untill i restart it. i was wondering if this had happened to any of u
    This has been talked about in several threads in the past. And there is a thread that has been posted for most of the day on the first page of new threads yet you are asking the same thing in another thread. Why?

To make it easy for you here is the most recent thread about this issue "When slided hard my pre turn off".
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 09/20/2009 at 09:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruth09 View Post
    my pre started to do this yesterday. when i open or close it, it will shut off. also when i turn it back on the keyboard wont work untill i restart it. i was wondering if this had happened to any of u

It is the battery. Take it to a Sprint Corp store and they will give you a replacement.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Your battery is loose when you close it it comes out of place. Put a tiny piece of foam behind the battery to make it tighter.
    Philadelphia, murder capital of the world
    Well known problem, you should try searching the forums before posting a question.

It's either the battery is loose in the compartment or the battery itself should be replaced.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Sorry. I did try and search for my problem. I guess I didn't use the right terms. I thought the battery issue was when you pushed in on the screen. Oh well thanks for helping me out.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    you know that still doesn't answer why my keybored dosent work when I turn it back on.
    Yeah guys don't jump down his throat. I haven't experienced the keyboard not working but it sounds like a seperate issue with no known fix. I'd explain everything at the Sprint store, try out the "wider battery" and if it keeps happening maybe you can get an exchange. I don't know if it's just because I haven't paid as much attention to the iphone as I have to the pre, but does it have this many build issues?
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kjparfekt View Post
    Yeah guys don't jump down his throat.
    That's what this place is now. Out of desperation a fellow user comes in with a legitimate issue that affects his real world life, but instead of people helping then they either slam them for reposting or blame the user for the flaws of a product.

Anyway, one of our Pre's does that. It's a new problem and so far we can't trace it back to anything and Sprints solution is to "be more careful when you slide the phone closed". It's a real pain because boot time on this phone is obnoxious already, so to have it reset like that when you need it most is a real pain.