Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I been having this problem since i bought my pre like 3 months ago and i tought that was a hardware problem but i was checking in other forums the problem is the battery .. and i can go to some sprint store and ask them to change me the battery for free .. and they should do it??? is that thrue? or i need have insurance for do it ??
    thanks !
    Hello this is a problem just one thing if you don't have insurance you are going to have to pay 40-60$ yes and this problem is a hardware problem that comes with some Palm Pre's so you might have to talk about this to Palm Inc. for the hardware failure/ battery problem and Sprint for the Insurance plan

1 408 617 7000 (Palm Inc.)

1 888-211-4727 (Sprint)
    if your really nice and talk to them right they will not charge you for a battery it is a design flaw on palm . do not worry they wont charge you . take it back soon though.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by preultra64 View Post
    Hello this is a problem just one thing if you don't have insurance you are going to have to pay 40-60$ yes and this problem is a hardware problem that comes with some Palm Pre's so you might have to talk about this to Palm Inc. for the hardware failure/ battery problem and Sprint for the Insurance plan

1 408 617 7000 (Palm Inc.)

1 888-211-4727 (Sprint)
    Shouldn't have to pay a dime since the phone comes with a 1 year manf. warranty!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YBCold View Post
    Shouldn't have to pay a dime since the phone comes with a 1 year manf. warranty!
    the manf. warranty goes through palm, not sprint.
  6.    #6  
    Then my phone is under manf warranty right and then palm should fix this problem for me??.
    And about insurance I was trying to add to my phone after the 30 days but sprint told me that I can't; I'll like to insurance my phone so badly
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    the manf. warranty goes through palm, not sprint.
    I believe sprint is still suposed to take care of things in store for the manuf. warranty! Shouldn't be any reason to have to go straight to palm. Especially if he purchased it at a Sprint Corp. store.
  8.    #8  
    I believe sprint is still suposed to take care of things in store for the manuf. warranty! Shouldn't be any reason to have to go straight to palm. Especially if he purchased it at a Sprint Corp. store.
    I contacted sprint like 20 min ago and they told me to call palm bcause that's a hardware problem and they give me palm inc number!!!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    Then my phone is under manf warranty right and then palm should fix this problem for me??.
    And about insurance I was trying to add to my phone after the 30 days but sprint told me that I can't; I'll like to insurance my phone so badly
    should have def. got insurance during the two week period
    they can and most likely will depending on the problem... the alleged screen cracking issue good luck.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I had the same issue. All I did take a folded piece the of small paper and put it in between the battery so it would give it more contact on the battery. The reason for your issue is bc the battery is a little loose. Put something on the opposite side of the battery contacts. It has worked for me for 4 months.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyPre View Post
    I had the same issue. All I did take a folded piece the of small paper and put it in between the battery so it would give it more contact on the battery. The reason for your issue is bc the battery is a little loose. Put something on the opposite side of the battery contacts. It has worked for me for 4 months.
    That's a good idea if I don't get any fix w/ palm... I'll do that!
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyPre View Post
    +1

This has been discussed so many times, it keeps shocking me when people immediately jump to returning the phone.

Yeah, you can return it, but there is no reason to. A little folded up scrap of paper or a little scrap of foam rubber is all you need.

If you're really anal and can't stand to have a phone you "fixed" yourself, you can walk into any sprint store and walk out with a new, slightly wider" battery that will fix the problem.
    I contacted sprint like 20 min ago and they told me to call palm bcause that's a hardware problem and they give me palm inc number!!!

This is a definite battery issue. I was in a Sprint store last week for 2hrs and three people came in with the same issue. They gave them new batteries no problem and at least two of them were launch day Pre's. Just go your local Spirit Corp store or Sprint Corp store service center. Do not go to and authorized dealer because they will not be able to help you. No insurance needed because the battery carries a one year warranty through sprint anyway.

The new batteries are made in China with a Cell origin of Korea. Your is most likely made in China with a cell origin of Japan?
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    This is a definite battery issue. I was in a Sprint store last week for 2hrs and three people came in with the same issue. They gave them new batteries no problem and at least two of them were launch day Pre's. Just go your local Spirit Corp store or Sprint Corp store service center. Do not go to and authorized dealer because they will not be able to help you. No insurance needed because the battery carries a one year warranty through sprint anyway.

The new batteries are made in China with a Cell origin of Korea. Your is most likely made in China with a cell origin of Japan?
    My is made in China and cell origin Korea!!!
    My is made in China and cell origin Korea!!!

I would still take it in to a Corp store and have it replaced.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

16.    #16  
    sure ill go to the sprint store first and try to get other batttery 4 FREE b4 contact palm .. For now i just put a piece of paper to tight my battery and is not turning off any more!.. thanx guys!
    same problem... had the phone since july 6th, the problem was so bad exchanged it at BB before the 30 days (roughly July 26th). No problems in August and most of September. Took my battery out to install a Phantom Skinz and now I find my phone off sometimes when I take it out of my pocket, when it's been sitting on a table and when i shut or open my screen I sometimes get the lack of power screen shut down. I thought maybe I didn't put the battery in "just right" or something but after taking it out and putting it back in 3 times I'm giving up. Headed to a Sprint store today to see if I can get a free battery exchange - wish me luck.
    Like...like omg... Like. I slidid my phone and like it shut off like a like lightswitch...like this totally like sucks...
    No wonder people think americans are f'n retarded
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    My experience with Palm Warranty (on my Centro but should be the same)

The one year warranty is through Palm.

You can deal with Palm, mail it in and go through all that and wait for a replacement.

Or an "official" Sprint store will take care of it for you for a 40ish dollar fee. They will give you a refurb (or new if no refurb is available) phone.

The moral of this is it really is worth it to get the insurance. I actually had asked for it on my Centro but the CS person on the phone had such a little grasp of english I did not get it. When I got my replacement Centro I was able to get the insurance on that and kept it on my Pre.

-Note this was about a year ago, so some things may have changed but from what I can see they have not.
    My phone already has the new battery type and has this problem. Will a new battery from Sprint make a difference?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast