1.    #1  
    Well, my Samsung M520 finally kicked the bucket from the white screen of death problem. That is the good news because I will finally be able to get a Pre!!

The bad news is that I have no backup of all my contacts from my M520. Can contacts be synced to the Pre if you can't see the screen on the other phone? It still works properly (the menus and stuff), but you just can not see anything on the screen.

Not sure how contact syncing with an old phone works with the Pre.

Thanks in Advance.
    Sprint store can do it without needing a screen.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeravla531 View Post
    Sprint store can do it without needing a screen.
    Thanks for the incredibly quick response!! Do you think Best Buy would be able to do it? I would like to avoid that pesky MIR at Sprint.

But, I guess even after I purchase the Pre at Best Buy, I would be able to take it to the Sprint store and have them transfer them, right?
    I was told at best buy that the pre is the only phone they couldn't sybc contacts with. This was 2 months ago. I don't know if sprint can, but if anyone can it would be them.
    Yes, they will transfer it regardless of where you purchased it. Not sure about Best Buy. I know Sprint uses "cellebrite" machines which could transfer almost anything, not sure if BB has those or what they use.
    When I bought my Pre at a Sprint store, they tried to transfer my contacts over from my Sprint Touch (Windows Mobile). It went to the letter "E" and then decided it was done transferring. We tried it several times with the same result. The guy said that he's seen it work flawlessly before on a phone like my old one, but of course, I was the lucky ******* that right away got to know the Pres keyboard in detail while typing in all the contacts that weren't synched. I was too lazy to somehow stick them all into goolge and then transfer them over to the Pre, so I just typed them in.

So, your results may vary, hope you're lucky and they can get them all transferred for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Well, my Samsung M520 finally kicked the bucket from the white screen of death problem. That is the good news because I will finally be able to get a Pre!!

The bad news is that I have no backup of all my contacts from my M520. Can contacts be synced to the Pre if you can't see the screen on the other phone? It still works properly (the menus and stuff), but you just can not see anything on the screen.

Not sure how contact syncing with an old phone works with the Pre.

Thanks in Advance.
    Have you looked into BitPim? Don't exactly know if your phone is supported but there's a good chance it is.
    I purchased my phone at Best Buy and the next morning went to the sprint store to have the contacts and such moved from my palm treo 800w to the pre. i had all my pictures and music on the micro sd card in the treo 800, and he was able to transfer everything over to the pre. The repair tech had to try twice to get it to work though, he said the treo 800 was not being read by the machine. I took the phone from him did a hard reset then a system restore with the sprite software and he tried again. He came back with my phone with everything on the pre. Hope this helps.
  9. jhp
    I bought a Pre on launch day and the Sprint tech was able to transfer everything from my Verizon Treo 650 in about 5 minutes
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Well transfer what you can and type the rest, it will give you the essential time needed to learn the keyboard
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Bought mine at Best Buy, they moved the contacts off my PPC-6700 without any problems....
    Sadlly switched from Pre- to Sprint Nexus S 4G - An 32Gb Touchpad
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!