Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1. tayl428's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
       #1  
    It seems that many people have time to complain about the problems with the Pre, but I don't see too many people posting why they love it. Now that I have had 2 months with it around Indianapolis, I can't imagine how I 'lived' without it. Coming from 3 yrs of Treo 650 and Treocentral, (yes, I loved the 650...), and a month with the 'other' phone (Eyephone), the Pre is a part of my life now. The Pre syncs my email, my calendar, my contacts, my Facebook contacts, etc, to where I constantly have updated information in my phone. The morning alarm where I can wake up to one of my MP3's is great, even if I forget and turn on the mute switch! I constantly use the GPS for driving directions, for no extra money monthly mind you like the 'other' phone. I love just beginning to type in something I want, either app, or local business, or Google search, and being able to search either the phone apps, or Google, or Google Maps, etc. I love checking email on one card, while using GPS on another card, while looking up an address on another, and whoops, there's a phone call. I can answer the phone, talk, and hang up without losing where I was since the cards are still open. Fantastic!

    And one of the best parts is that I save substantial money over the 'other' phone for what I feel is a superior device. YMMV

    No device is going to be perfect, much like no person is perfect, but the Pre is a wonderful companion to my life.... I think I'll get rid of the girlfriend.
  2. #2  
    nice post!
  3. #3  
    I agree. I love hearing what people love about the Pre. Then again I also love arguing with apple fanbois about how the Pre multitasks and hearing "oh, but so does the iphone." Really? Watch this....

    The OP gave the perfect example of how the Pre can outshine many devices.
  4. #4  
    I agree. It is real nice to have pandora, sprint nav and be able to send off a quick text all at once. Hands down palm wins for multi tasking. Haven't seen any other phone do it better
  5. navinag's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    #5  
    I dont think I will ditch my wife and my newly born twins...

    ..but I do like the pre. I spent a little time up front getting things set up and reading the forums...but now I spend less time one my computer and I am able to spend more time with my family.

    I can rock one kid to sleep and check/send emails/texts and keep up to date with all the forums and general news (all with the other hand).

  6. #6  
    I love my pre too but no one has mentioned its speed. i ran a speed test vs an iphone3gs both using wifi. i loaded big12sports.com at the same time and my pre beat the iphone3gs by at least 5 seconds. i love it. it may be the worlds fastest phone!
  7. tayl428's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
       #7  
    Speed on a mobile device, when it's just a difference of a couple of seconds, isn't a big decision maker to me, but when I can save $ and have a more capable device, well, it was a no brainer for me. Internet speed differences can be caused by SO many different things, on different days, in different neighborhoods, on different devices, I don't give much credit to standard speed tests.

    Yes, I never even mentioned Pandora, mp3's, REPLYING to texts, and still not losing my place? Ahhhhh...

    Yes, I'm finding myself use my PC less and less since I bought the Pre. I can def see a time where general usage PC's could be replaced by mobile devices.
  8. St0rmD's Avatar
    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    #8  
    I'm at about a week and a half now, moving over from the RIM world, and quickly falling in love (as I detailed in another thread yesterday). A few minor nitpicks with the interface, but I already use it every day, and run the battery ragged.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by tayl428 View Post
    Speed on a mobile device, when it's just a difference of a couple of seconds, isn't a big decision maker to me, but when I can save $ and have a more capable device, well, it was a no brainer for me. Internet speed differences can be caused by SO many different things, on different days, in different neighborhoods, on different devices, I don't give much credit to standard speed tests.

    Yes, I never even mentioned Pandora, mp3's, REPLYING to texts, and still not losing my place? Ahhhhh...

    Yes, I'm finding myself use my PC less and less since I bought the Pre. I can def see a time where general usage PC's could be replaced by mobile devices.
    Well you didnt read correctly.. all those variables were taken away i used wifi at close proximity there is no network difference they use the same internet on the same router. and the 3gs is supposed to be the fastest out there. im just saying how great the pre is. i do love all those things too but speed is the key what good is pandora if it takes forever to load and it skips. but more importantly I PRE BEATS IPHONE 3GS IN WEB BROWSING TEST!!!
  10. #10  
    If people give this phone a little time, it will be amazing.... IMO. Remember this phone has only be out what? 3 months ..WOW... cant wait for all the GREAT stuff coming up in the near future. not to mention all the wonderful Homebrew Apps. i for one cant wait.
  11. #11  
    The 'love' threads can become just as ridiculous as the 'hate' threads can sometimes, but it is still really refreshing to get them. Thanks, OP. It does seem like Palm is doing what they can to keep things moving forward on the right track. Let's see what the update (Sept. 24) brings.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by tayl428 View Post
    It seems that many people have time to complain about the problems with the Pre, but I don't see too many people posting why they love it. Now that I have had 2 months with it around Indianapolis, I can't imagine how I 'lived' without it. Coming from 3 yrs of Treo 650 and Treocentral, (yes, I loved the 650...), and a month with the 'other' phone (Eyephone), the Pre is a part of my life now. The Pre syncs my email, my calendar, my contacts, my Facebook contacts, etc, to where I constantly have updated information in my phone. The morning alarm where I can wake up to one of my MP3's is great, even if I forget and turn on the mute switch! I constantly use the GPS for driving directions, for no extra money monthly mind you like the 'other' phone. I love just beginning to type in something I want, either app, or local business, or Google search, and being able to search either the phone apps, or Google, or Google Maps, etc. I love checking email on one card, while using GPS on another card, while looking up an address on another, and whoops, there's a phone call. I can answer the phone, talk, and hang up without losing where I was since the cards are still open. Fantastic!

    And one of the best parts is that I save substantial money over the 'other' phone for what I feel is a superior device. YMMV

    No device is going to be perfect, much like no person is perfect, but the Pre is a wonderful companion to my life.... I think I'll get rid of the girlfriend.

    Congratulations on finding a device that blends well with your lifestyle. Im glad it is working well for you.

    My concerns with this device involve significant numbers of people going through 4-5 replacements before finally being given one that works the way it is supposed to. First generation devices are always somewhat like gambling in that some will be winners while others are lemons.

    My treo 755 runs like a tank although the keyboard is getting a little slow. There is no light leakage, cracked screen issues, oreo effect. The signal is strong where the pre`s may be weaker or nonexistent. There is much to be said for retaining the strengths of the original calendar and memo applications as I depend on both on a daily basis. The pre`s calendar is very slow and its memo app is less sophisticated than the treo`s as well.

    I am dying for a new phone to upgrade to but i am waiting for palm to release a web os driven treo with a larger screen, stronger PIM apps and wifi. If they release one with those improvements then I will make the move. Until then, the treo 755 it remains.
  13. #13  
    Have to say homebrews have really come to the rescue: I was frankly missing my freakin Palm III with how bad the calendar and tasks were for the pre. Still haven't reachd the functionality capable in datebook6 but with Agenda, QuickEvent, plus the Evernote app: the Pre's PDA capacities have jumped remarkably in the last 2 weeks.

    Homebrew rules so far, hopefully the devs like WebOS enough to continue building (the intuitive OS was the only saving grace till recently)
  14. jewel's Avatar
    Posts
    638 Posts
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    #14  
    I got my Pre since launch day. No issues. No replacement. I love my Pre.
  15. #15  
    I've had my Pre since launch day, no replacements. What I really like is the ability to "make it our own". Thanks to the ability to add themes and homebrew apps like Switcharoo, my Pre is uniquely mine. The only customization I ever see on that other phone is the case
  16. #16  
    i have only used 3 smarthphones previous to the pre and so far after a week and 2 days, the pre is the best. There are a some things that i miss from my palm treo 800, but im sure they will all be updated in the future. to me the pre is similar to the ps3, its what it can do now and what it has the potential to do in the future.
  17. #17  
    mine rocks this world lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  18. #18  
    Very Nice!
  19. Mosbb's Avatar
    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by hnharrison24 View Post
    I agree. I love hearing what people love about the Pre. Then again I also love arguing with apple fanbois about how the Pre multitasks and hearing "oh, but so does the iphone." Really? Watch this....

    The OP gave the perfect example of how the Pre can outshine many devices.
    Oh please dude, I have the pre and the 32 BIG GB Iphone 3gs and I multitasking with EASE! Yes, I do have to spen a few minutes to jailbrake it but once done there is now an app that allows you to double tap the home button and a window pops up with ALL the apps I wanted to stay open. I simply tap on one and it opens. I can switch apps at a BLINK OF AN EYE. Ilike it much better than the pre because the 3gSpeed is so bloody FAST and does not slow down at all.

    I listen to pandora while doing something else INCLUDING gps which I payed only $59.00 and I now own it AND I DONT need to be online to use it!

    So the pre really does not have the multitasking to brag anymore.
  20. Jordus's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by harold42483 View Post
    Well you didnt read correctly.. all those variables were taken away i used wifi at close proximity there is no network difference they use the same internet on the same router. and the 3gs is supposed to be the fastest out there. im just saying how great the pre is. i do love all those things too but speed is the key what good is pandora if it takes forever to load and it skips. but more importantly I PRE BEATS IPHONE 3GS IN WEB BROWSING TEST!!!
    Except that if the Pre sent its request a millisecond before the iphone (when you pressed the buttons at the same time, one surely went first) then its request may have taken precedance and therefore beat out the iphone.

    Im by no means defending the iphone (hate apple), but its hard to make a truly scientific comparison given the variables in place, and the small differences in time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions