Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Just curious, when you file a claim for a replacement do they send you just the phone or a brand new phone with all the accessories originally included with the pre?

Has anyone here received a replacement phone from Asurion?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I got a new pre,box an all.....
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick reply !
    But you won't always get that --- sometimes you will get just the refurbished in a bag or whatever ---
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I also received a new Pre Box an all.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I've had multiple claims over the years and my experience is you don't get the phone with all the acceriroes in the original packaging. I always got a referb phone in a no frills bag shipped in a plain cardboard box. No accerories except the most basic like the battery.

With the Pre they are shipping a charger with the phone. With the Pre you may get a new phone in the orginial packaging w/all the accessories it came with the 1st time.
    The Pre is uniquely difficult to repair so when it goes bad they often just get replaced with a new one...plus it hasn't been out that long, so you have a better chance of getting a brand new one. Don't expect it though, just consider it a bonus if you do.

A referb phone is not nessarly a bad thing b/c they go through a stricter QA process than a mass produced new phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjpaez View Post
    Just curious, when you file a claim for a replacement do they send you just the phone or a brand new phone with all the accessories originally included with the pre?

Has anyone here received a replacement phone from Asurion?
    Same here i got a brand new pre in box with all the accessories. I was pleasantly surprised. although they say there is a chance you may get refurbs if they do not have new ones so its a game of chance. anyway i heard the referbs are good too
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Thanks for the input guys
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I had to get mine replaced one month after the Pre came out. At the time, there was no such thing as a refurb because they were still brand new. I got shipped a Palm Pre in the same exact box and packaging as the one I originally bought in the sprint store.

The return envelope asks that you take the battery out. So what I ended up having was one phone, two batteries, two carrying cases, and two chargers.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    My girlfriend got a brand-spanking new one in box and all as well. A pleasant surprise!
    Be warned they can send you a refurb (which in my opinion) isn't a bad thing.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I got screwed. Lost my Blackberry while traveling, filed claim, was told I could get new unit shipped to location on travel no problem, just gotta transfer you to this other line to collect a bit more information, transferred to a recording that said "go to our website at blah and fill out X form", went to web site, and form had to be NOTORIZED, and sent in with copy of original service contract and original proof of purchase from phone (either packing slip or upc from box...) Good luck finding that stuff on a good day, much less have it on travel.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StormD View Post
    I got screwed. Lost my Blackberry while traveling, filed claim, was told I could get new unit shipped to location on travel no problem, just gotta transfer you to this other line to collect a bit more information, transferred to a recording that said "go to our website at blah and fill out X form", went to web site, and form had to be NOTORIZED, and sent in with copy of original service contract and original proof of purchase from phone (either packing slip or upc from box...) Good luck finding that stuff on a good day, much less have it on travel.

yeah they sometime give you a hard time when the phone is lost or stolen compared to being broken. If you say its lost than that means the phone is floating around somewhere, they don't seem to like that. Also, it would be easy to say "ohh i lost my phone so i need a new one" when you really didn't and you end up with 2 good phones. They are not gonna let it be that easy to get over on the insurance company.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjpaez View Post
    Thanks for the input guys

One thing I love about this forum is the niffty "Thanks" Button, Not trying to be a nark,but I couldn't help notice you gave "thanks" to numerous people, that's what the niffty "Thanks" button is for. LOL..just saying
    I got a refurb in a plain envelope. No charger, no battery, nothing but the refurb'ed Pre.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    I got a new Pre in the box with headphones but no charger.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Really dumb question but what is Asurion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtone View Post
    yeah they sometime give you a hard time when the phone is lost or stolen compared to being broken. If you say its lost than that means the phone is floating around somewhere, they don't seem to like that. Also, it would be easy to say "ohh i lost my phone so i need a new one" when you really didn't and you end up with 2 good phones. They are not gonna let it be that easy to get over on the insurance company.
    You cannot get two good phones as the ESN is flagged as lost/stolen. Even if you found a way to get around that, you are now a criminal with the potential to go to jail for insurance fraud. Hope an extra Pre is worth that.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post
    I got a refurb in a plain envelope. No charger, no battery, nothing but the refurb'ed Pre.
    Hey swami, haven't seen you around for a while. How did the refurb turn out? Did you have to pay the deductible?
    Quote Originally Posted by devise View Post
    Really dumb question but what is Asurion?
    Assurion is the insurance company that Sprint works with to insure consumer cell phones.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast