Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post
    I got a refurb in a plain envelope. No charger, no battery, nothing but the refurb'ed Pre.
    I'm waiting to receive a replacement phone through Asurion.
    They told me I will get a charger, battery, and all accessories that comes with the phone with my replacement. Does that imply that I will be getting a new phone and not a refurb??
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtone View Post
    yeah they sometime give you a hard time when the phone is lost or stolen compared to being broken. If you say its lost than that means the phone is floating around somewhere, they don't seem to like that. Also, it would be easy to say "ohh i lost my phone so i need a new one" when you really didn't and you end up with 2 good phones. They are not gonna let it be that easy to get over on the insurance company.

Yeah I know its technically wrong to do it, but it is easier to say you have lost it in a known location where it is irretrievable (like a lake or river). When you select that option, no paperwork is required (because they don't worry that someone will use your phone) but also you don't have to provide them with a broken phone. I think you'll find its always best to choose that option.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I lost my phone - had Sprint to disable service to it... I too received a brand new Pre in the box with all of the accessories... In my opinion with a much better build quality... Had no problems with the insurance they over-nighted me one - service was fantastic and trouble free
  4. pjs
    My experience FWIW:

My son grabbed my Pre off a shelf and it took a four foot drop onto hardwood flooring. Touchscreen was cracked inside the outer plastic. Used Assurion's website at 3:00pm and had a replacement Pre before noon the next day. Very easy process.

The only downside for me is that I did not get a new Pre. Mine is a refurb shipped only with a battery. The exterior is flawless, but there is what looks like some rework inside. The black sticker inside the battery compartment looks like it was removed and reapplied. The replacement also has a slight oreo, whereas the one that fell had none. Slight oreo doesn't bother me so I probably won't pursue it with them.

Sliver lining is that before the fall the old one was giving me problems with not reliably switching to landscape mode when I turned it on its side. This one is fine it that respect.
    When I filed my first claim for my pre (stolen). They sent me a refurb with battery, nothing else. The pre Asurion sent me would not connect to the sprint network and would only connect in roam. I sent it back and they sent me a brand new unit in a box with battery and all the included accessories.
    Had my Pre stolen a few weeks ago. Did the Assurion claim online Sunday night and had a replacement by Tues. My replacement was a refurb and came in a basic bubble envelope. My refurb has worked excellent and looks brand new. Excellect service in my opinion.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    what's the Asurion deductible on the Pre? $100?
  8. pjs
    yes, $100 deductible.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12